PS4 Owner Impressions

I ended up buying Amazon's Vita Walking Dead holiday bundle yesterday. It's the OLED version and it comes with The Walking Dead season 1, Uncharted, Sly Cooper, and Retro City Rampage, and a 4gb card. All for $180. To top it off I was able to get a 32gb card at Gamestop for $40 because it was on sales for Cyber Monday.

Not to mention I have a bunch of VIta games waiting for me because of PS+. I can't wait until it comes in the mail. Thank God for Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping!

Awesome price.  Was looking at getting a vita, though for now I can't justify the purchase.  

Anyone else playing Tiny Brains? Its pretty fun thanks to the local coop. I had a couple friends over and enjoyed a few rounds of this. I can see this being a decent party game for a while. Its just one of those fun little indie games. Its also out on the pc of course.

Anyone else playing Tiny Brains? Its pretty fun thanks to the local coop. I had a couple friends over and enjoyed a few rounds of this. I can see this being a decent party game for a while. Its just one of those fun little indie games. Its also out on the pc of course.

Downloaded the Demo, haven't tried it yet though.

I'll warn you though, it doesn't hold up well solo. Playing it with others helped.

I assume for that kind of play you need to buy it?

Resogun is fun, Im not that great at it and the humans keep dying and I am not sure why.   I played a lot of Resistance on my PS3 but was never a big FPS Fan overall.  However the only game I have for my PS4 is KZ:SF and I've been playing that a lot.  I do want to get AC IV and Knack but until prices come on sale, with christmas coming I just don't have the extra cash.

I do find the PS4 seems to get warm after ~2 hours of play.  The glossy side stays cool but the matte side warms up.  I also don't really feel a lot of air coming out of the vents.   I assume that the fan is working as I do feel air, and if there was an issue it would be over heating.  Would suck if this one dies, as this is my replacement console.   However I've got a 90 day replacement warranty, and 3 years of coverage w/ accidental so I am not too worried.

Resogun is awesome :) add me svfusion

AC4 is keeping me away from KZ just now (that and all the overtime I'm doing). Great game so far, I love pirate settings mind you. Still has a lot of the AC repetitiveness, but I think it's a good return to form for the series. Runs great at 1080p as well.

AC4 is keeping me away from KZ just now (that and all the overtime I'm doing). Great game so far, I love pirate settings mind you. Still has a lot of the AC repetitiveness, but I think it's a good return to form for the series. Runs great at 1080p as well.

I'm on the last mission of KZ, but getting frustrated with the walking drone things.  So I've decided to take a break from it and do AC.. However now I get frustrated with running up the wrong wall, jumping to the wrong ledge, etc.   The boat battles are fun.. they can be a pain when fighting around islands.. or when you keep getting rammed.. but all in all lots of fun.

My TV Does 1080P (which is one reason I bought it)  and yea.. both killzone and AC look awesome.

I haven't bought AC4 yet, but I intend to in the next couple of weeks. I actually haven't played an AC game since 2, so I'm looking forward to it.

Can anyone comment on how this game compares to AC3? Would you say its better, worse, or just different?

I haven't bought AC4 yet, but I intend to in the next couple of weeks. I actually haven't played an AC game since 2, so I'm looking forward to it.

Can anyone comment on how this game compares to AC3? Would you say its better, worse, or just different?

3 was pretty bad IMO. 4 is much better.

3 was pretty bad IMO. 4 is much better.

3 wasn't so much bad as it was .... Connor had no personality & was boring as a character

but yeah 4 makes up for it in every possible way

Only played the first, and thought 4 looked fun with the boat stuff.  Had not really followed the other AC's so maybe what I thought was new and cool was old hat, but that said.. I am really enjoying it.

So the Vita I ordered from Amazon was delivered towards the end of last week, and I got a chance to play around with it over the weekend. I have to say I really enjoy the OS. I think it works very well for the device. My only gripe is that there isn't a dedicated app for downloads. They only appear in the notification bubble.

I also don't like that there is not a true "library" in the PS store. I've claimed a bunch of free PS+ games over the last few months, but there isn't a central place in the store where I can go to see all of the games that are registered to my account; like there is in Steam. But that is a problem I have with the store that isn't specific to the Vita.

Uncharted and Fzero are amazing. I'm really liking both of them. My Vita bundle came with The Walking Dead season 1, which I've played, mostly all the way through. So I'm retreading ground, but it's fun to do it again. The load times are a bit lame though.

Overall I'm happy with it. I just hope I can continue to find games I like to justify the purchase. I don't have Tearaway yet, but I may get that eventually. Does anyone know of a good RPG/JRPG for the Vita?

So the Vita I ordered from Amazon was delivered towards the end of last week, and I got a chance to play around with it over the weekend. I have to say I really enjoy the OS. I think it works very well for the device. My only gripe is that there isn't a dedicated app for downloads. They only appear in the notification bubble.

I also don't like that there is not a true "library" in the PS store. I've claimed a bunch of free PS+ games over the last few months, but there isn't a central place in the store where I can go to see all of the games that are registered to my account; like there is in Steam. But that is a problem I have with the store that isn't specific to the Vita.

Uncharted and Fzero are amazing. I'm really liking both of them. My Vita bundle came with The Walking Dead season 1, which I've played, mostly all the way through. So I'm retreading ground, but it's fun to do it again. The load times are a bit lame though.

Overall I'm happy with it. I just hope I can continue to find games I like to justify the purchase. I don't have Tearaway yet, but I may get that eventually. Does anyone know of a good RPG/JRPG for the Vita?

Have you used the Vita as a remote play device for the PS4 and if so did it work well?

Have you used the Vita as a remote play device for the PS4 and if so did it work well?

I've found it works really well.

If you go to your Download List, this is pretty much what you get - a long list of everything you've purchased. It's not tidy, but it works.

I haven't been home yet to try that out. I had to leave for the weekend, and I took the Vita with me. I should be back tomorrow night, and that is definitely on my list of my things to do once I get back.

I've found it works really well.

If you go to your Download List, this is pretty much what you get - a long list of everything you've purchased. It's not tidy, but it works.

That's what I was a afraid of. :/ At least I was using it as intended and wasn't missing out on anything.

My PS4 arrived yesterday... then died this morning. :(

Worked well for a while but on subsequent boots it started giving me the BLOD. Turning it off and rebooting seemed to fix it, but it kept doing it. Knowing that the BLOD was related to HDMI out, I figured it could be to do with my HDMI switcher and planned to test it today. However, by this morning it wouldn't do anything but BLOD (tried without the switcher, tried different cables and even tried a different TV).

Thankfully, Sony support were great. The guy ran me through a few attempts at booting to safe mode (which it wouldn't do... would just shut off instead) and then arranged for a replacement swap via courier tomorrow. :D Fingers crossed...