George Zimmerman charged with felony after allegedly pointing gun at Girlfriend

Still being charged for what turned out to be hie Ex lying because she knew it would be in the news? They are really desperate to get him now

Still being charged for what turned out to be hie Ex lying because she knew it would be in the news? They are really desperate to get him now

So she was lying about him pointing a gun at her? Is this the same woman who lied about the same thing a month or two ago?

All the gun rights wacko birds bent over backwards defending this guy who is clearly a trigger happy hot head.

If she was black, she'd already be dead and he'd be walking because he stood the **** out of his racist ground.

The pro gun people didn't bend over backwards for him ...im pro gun and my defense was always the state's prosecution went after him for the wrong thing and lost hence why he's walking the street.

Buddy, do you really think me, of all people in the community don't know about the occurring trials and potential charges? Are you seriously going to ignorantly question my knowledge on what's been been happening for so long? With one guy? Who should of not done anything when the police told him, but he decided to go "vigilant" anyways? Listen buddy. I am really getting sick and tired of the same crap people like you pull off saying he didn't do squat.

Do you want to know why he went after Treyvon? We can do this all over again. I insist.

The police didn't tell him to not do anything - that was the 911 operator who has little to no authority...but lets not bother with facts...

Can someone please give this man a lecture..

Sure.. would you care for a double serving of facts?

He is a prime example of gun ownership and its downsides.

He gives the rest of gun owners a bad name yes...such is the case with almost everything... a few bad apples ruin the bunch.

Stand your ground wasn't used at all as a defense. Why do people keep talking about that dumb law which wasn't even used as a defense?

I didn't say it was used as a defense... I said it was considered by the jury during deliberations, and was the reason for the not guilty verdict. The defense didn't even have to bring the law up as a defense, as the jurors learned all about it when it was proven that Zimmerman had lied about not knowing what "Stand Your Ground" was.

Juror B37 mentioned Stand Your Ground a second time of her own accord, saying the jury ultimately made its not-guilty verdict Saturday night based on the evidence and ?because of the heat of the moment and the Stand Your Ground".

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/16/3502481/juror-we-talked-stand-your-ground.html#storylink=cpy

I think the reason you keep hearing about "Stand Your Ground" is because it is dumb, and it is law, and it is letting murderers walk free.

So she was lying about him pointing a gun at her? Is this the same woman who lied about the same thing a month or two ago?

This is a different woman, who was actually waiting for Zimmerman in the car while he fought with his (not yet) ex-wife and was arrested before. This woman is also pregnant with his child.

I didn't say it was used as a defense... I said it was considered by the jury during deliberations, and was the reason for the not guilty verdict. The defense didn't even have to bring the law up as a defense, as the jurors learned all about it when it was proven that Zimmerman had lied about not knowing what "Stand Your Ground" was.

I think the reason you keep hearing about "Stand Your Ground" is because it is dumb, and it is law, and it is letting murderers walk free.

Isn't the problem an uneducated jury rather than the stand your ground law? Atleast for that case. I still think the law should be removed but it was the jury who let Zimmerman off, not the stand your ground law.

Isn't the problem an uneducated jury rather than the stand your ground law? Atleast for that case. I still think the law should be removed but it was the jury who let Zimmerman off, not the stand your ground law.

The jury let him off, because they took SYG into account...

If Zimmerman had gained the upper hand and was on top (as most eye witnesses indicated in their testimony), wouldn't Zimmerman be required to follow his duty to retreat? Not under SYG.

Didn't Zimmerman have the responsibility of using reasonable force under self-defense (as the medical examiner testified that his injuries were "insignificant" and "not life-threatening")? Not under SYG.

Wouldn't a manslaughter charge, which was available to the jury, have been very prudent for a case of imperfect self-defense with excessive force? Not under SYG.

Even in the cases where the evidence disputed Zimmerman's account, or where a lesser charge would be typically upheld, SYG covered his ass.

Just the media hyping up something that happens everyday from a random couple in heated arguments, I hear this type of thing all the time on the police scanner but that is about as far as it ever goes unless you are this guy and the media is following you around just itching for a scoop.

Something is wrong with your society if couples grabbing guns and pointing them at each other and begging them to get closer while panic breathing is "normal"

Please do not turn this into a gun debate, we have a thread for that.

Those of you commenting things like "Turning into a debate about guns in 1,2....." will be removed as well. Please stay on topic.

The jury let him off, because they took SYG into account...

If Zimmerman had gained the upper hand and was on top (as most eye witnesses indicated in their testimony), wouldn't Zimmerman be required to follow his duty to retreat? Not under SYG.

Didn't Zimmerman have the responsibility of using reasonable force under self-defense (as the medical examiner testified that his injuries were "insignificant" and "not life-threatening")? Not under SYG.

Wouldn't a manslaughter charge, which was available to the jury, have been very prudent for a case of imperfect self-defense with excessive force? Not under SYG.

Even in the cases where the evidence disputed Zimmerman's account, or where a lesser charge would be typically upheld, SYG covered his ass.

I'm saying because SYG didn't apply to this case and wasn't brought up, it was stupid for the jury to take it into account. The SYG law didn't directly save him, a jury thinking the SYG law applied to this case did. You could say if the law never existed problems like this would never happen which is true but juries knowing what laws apply to what is also important. If SYG was a big part of the not guilty verdict, I just blame the jury more than the law that's all.

I'm saying because SYG didn't apply to this case and wasn't brought up, it was stupid for the jury to take it into account. The SYG law didn't directly save him, a jury thinking the SYG law applied to this case did. You could say if the law never existed problems like this would never happen which is true but juries knowing what laws apply to what is also important. If SYG was a big part of the not guilty verdict, I just blame the jury more than the law that's all.

SYG doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case, only if you rely solely on Zimmerman's account, which was contradicted by evidence.

The jury was instructed on SYG, and looking at their instructions versus those of a typical self defense case without SYG, you can see exactly why he was found not guilty. http://blog.bennettandbennett.com/2013/07/stand-your-ground-in-the-zimmerman-case.html

The forensic examiner testified that Martin's clothes where the bullet entered were not resting fully against his body, indicating that he may possibly have been on top. The medical examiner testified that scratches on the back of Zimmerman's head were insignificant. Several eye witnesses indicated that Zimmerman was on top, but none saw Zimmerman shoot Martin.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Didn't know about that SYG instruction. That definitely injected SYG into the case. I guess I can't really blame the jururs so much for being confused with it.

I had to take a deep breath before replying back to this, there was a doctor who testified that George Zimmermens wounds were not life threatening however he was allowed to kill Trayvon because Trayvon made physical contact with George Zimmermen first with a punch out of fear that this strange older man was going to do something to him George was allowed to use the SYG against him yet Jurors should have sided with Trayvon because he was just a kid against a grown man with a gun who should have had a taser instead. Being alive is above all the most valuable thing we humans have and to take it away from a kid should not be tolerated. 

Pfft, he will probably get 90 days in a county jail and a few years probation with maybe anger management and a 12 step program, we will be hearing from him again

...and in other parts of the country world, domestic disputes happen all the time, with claims and lies being thrown around.

They never make the news though...

Has anyone considered that this clown likes the media attention and therefore the media is just egging him on?

If he is truly dangerous, how come he hasn't pulled the trigger since?  Let the law take care of him and keep him out of the media, and I bet he fades away.

...and in other parts of the country world, domestic disputes happen all the time, with claims and lies being thrown around.

They never make the news though...

Has anyone considered that this clown likes the media attention and therefore the media is just egging him on?

If he is truly dangerous, how come he hasn't pulled the trigger since?  Let the law take care of him and keep him out of the media, and I bet he fades away.

I do hope he crosses the line so they can lock him up. He is mentally unstable. Not a good rep for the gun lobby. Like OJ, he won't just go away. However, I hope no one else gets hurt.

The only thing I have learned from this thread, is that there a lot of folks on this site that seem to focus a lot on race and indeed may be closet racists.

The dude will have his (secondish) day in court to defend the charges. Until then, let the rest stop tainting the story. He was charged before, and let walk free. Like it or not, it is old news and history.

This is a new case, and doesn't seem related to the old story, aside from the fact it was the same guy.

All the gun rights wacko birds bent over backwards defending this guy who is clearly a trigger happy hot head.

If she was black, she'd already be dead and he'd be walking because he stood the **** out of his racist ground.

Wacko birds? Anyways.. At the time I defended him, could I foresee the future and know what this guy would do? No I couldn't so leave your insults at the door. 

this SOB is a psychopath who just happened to get away with murdering an african american man in cold blood. Sick cosmic joke that his capacity for evil only becomes evident after he has been acquitted of a murder charge.

Something is wrong with your society if couples grabbing guns and pointing them at each other and begging them to get closer while panic breathing is "normal"

Absolutely, such an act of violence deserves serious consideration.