[Suggestion] Marking Posts as Question

The marked as solved gets marked as abused/used incorrectly by moderators.  So I was thinking that if possible, adding an option when posting (or based on tags) that the post is a question.  If it is a question show the option to marked as solved, otherwise have that option not show.

It is pointless to have a thread where you post about upcoming bundles, or how the ps4 won console of the year.. just to be nagged it's not answered when one isn't needed.

And when you mark a post as answered, just to get rid of the warning, mods come in and undo it as it isn't fitting.

• Like 1

Yes I agree, its on all posts right next to quote button on any thread you start and a bit of a nuisance. 

Case in point.  This is not a question, but gave me the option to mark as solved.

The Gamers' Hangout is the correct sub-forum to ask any gaming related support questions, so it's perfectly reasonable to have it enabled there.

It does not mean it should be used to "favourite" a comment in non-support topics.

The Gamers' Hangout is the correct sub-forum to ask any gaming related support questions, so it's perfectly reasonable to have it enabled there.

It does not mean it should be used to "favourite" a comment in non-support topics.

That's nice and all, but that's why an option to enable/disiable it on a thread level is a good idea.  Otherwise you will have people (myself included) that may mark posts as best even if one is not needed.

Yes I agree, its on all posts right next to quote button on any thread you start and a bit of a nuisance. 

Something I have done a couple of times, then had to go back and unmark, as I meant to hit quote good or bad, I do think it needs to be moved

That's nice and all, but that's why an option to enable/disiable it on a thread level is a good idea.  Otherwise you will have people (myself included) that may mark posts as best even if one is not needed.

Agreed. It's surplus to requirements on non-question type threads.

When creating a new post, their should be the option to choose whether the post is a discussion or question and add the appropriate fields as and when.

The issue here is IPB is a pain in the arse as it is without adding extra functionality, and when you do, it makes updating even more of a pain.

So maybe this would be some thing to drop in over at the IPB community rather than here?

• Like 2

Agreed. It's surplus to requirements on non-question type threads.

When creating a new post, their should be the option to choose whether the post is a discussion or question and add the appropriate fields as and when.

The issue here is IPB is a pain in the arse as it is without adding extra functionality, and when you do, it makes updating even more of a pain.

So maybe this would be some thing to drop in over at the IPB community rather than here?

As it's something i'd use on my forum, i've gone ahead and posted this to the Invision forums, don;t hold ya breath though!

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/396109-best-answer-toggle/

Awesome thanks.  I think it would definitely cut down on abuse, and make it easier for the mods.

• Like 2