Duck Dynasty Star Banned Indefinitely for Anti-Gay Comments

Believe what you want, but its true. In the end everyone will find out the truth but by then it will be too late.

it's as "true" as the other 4,000+ "true" beliefs that say "our faith is the true and only way"...

As with many articles it could have been taken out of context to make it appear a more controversial statement but without seeing the full interview its hard to say.

the catholic church is far from a just and moral compass. 

i would say they are pretty just/moral when you look at the teachings of it and not the actions of some of the corrupt ones. but i imagine that stuff is mostly the same from one christian religion to another even though some stuff varies a bit here and there since it's all tied to the bible as some people probably interpret some stuff differently than others.

Seeing as it wasn't founded by Jesus or his apostles it's not the first.

Well it's basically the first considering it's the oldest one tied to Christ to my knowledge.

i would say they are pretty just/moral when you look at the teachings of it and not the actions of some of the corrupt ones. but i imagine that stuff is mostly the same from one christian religion to another even though some stuff varies a bit here and there since it's all tied to the bible as some people probably interpret some stuff differently than others.

Well it's basically the first considering it's the oldest one tied to Christ to my knowledge.

You think that a group of jerks who do everything in their power to prevent the teaching of safe sex in third world countries, and therefore cause the far WORSE spreading of killer diseases like AIDS, is moral?

Honestly dude, open your eyes to what the Catholic church actually does in the world, please?  They're nothing but a parasite on society, content to take your money and teach uneducated people that dying horribly is far far better than living, just as long as they obey some  silly "religious" rule that THEY made up in the first damned place.

Bravo Phil Robertson and the Duck Dynasty and A&E Networks.  The new season starts Jan 15 and Phil is in most of the episodes already filmed.  Great timing to get everyone's attention right before the holidays, sales of their merchandise and viewership should increase.  Manipulative marketing at it best, perhaps?

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/duck-dynasty-new-season-will-feature-suspended-patriarch

it's as "true" as the other 4,000+ "true" beliefs that say "our faith is the true and only way"...

they say that, but its not. Most of those are all created stories or god made by hand. It says do not worship anything made by human or earlthy things. For example buddhists. They created a fat guy and called him a god. Who could take that seriously?

We have 'Duck Dynasty' on the discovery channels on bskyb and I am sure will hit ITV4 soon if it hasn't already.

It is so lame.

Though some of the wives are fit.

The mother is annoying and backward.

Like the rest of the cast.

Ok here's what I have gotten from this thread;

Some people think that you can say what you want without any reprocusions - Whether it is or isn't (1st amendment related) does that mean you should? Should us mod's leave the American's alone on this forum because it's their right to say what they want? No, if you say something hurtful then expect a reaction whether that be on public TV, on a forum or face to face, grow up and learn to respect your fellow human beings for who they are and not for some religious, or social 'normality'. It is our individuality that makes this an interest place to live

I have to admit i skim read the original article, and have since read the guys statement later on in this thread - Is it potentially possible that he was missquoted in order to create a reaction and get people interested in an article? Would it be the first time? I have no idea who this guy is, I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have bearly even heard of it. But if someone comes out and says look, I have my opinions, I will tell people my opinion and hopefully people will agree. If they don't then so be it but I would never use my opinion to be hurtful or disrespectful of other peoples way of lives no matter whether I agree with it or not. Does this honestly sound like the same person that would say being gay leads to beastiality?

I think this is once again another media opportunity to get the gossip going over someone who is racist, or homosexual or whatever other term sells magazines etc because everyone wants to read about how crap the world is.

It's interesting how you single out americans in your post when people from any country are capable doing what you describe. You're somehow trying to make yourself (people from the uk) sound better for it though. Besides that no one expects you mods to not enforce the rules of a private forum because they're from a certain place. And anyone who does probably isn't worth having around anyways.

Second. You probably should read the article before trying to make your argument. This is what he said..

?Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,?

Where does that say that if you're gay eventually animals might start to look appealing to you? Basically he's just saying if this one thing over here is okay, then this thing over there that is generally frowned upon might start to be okay, too.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what he said but it does help to read the article to understand what he actually said.

they say that, but its not. Most of those are all created stories or god made by hand. It says do not worship anything made by human or earlthy things. For example buddhists. They created a fat guy and called him a god. Who could take that seriously?

Just as serious or just as laughable as your god. Don't forget the bible was also written by man, no matter how much you scream and yell it's god's word, it is still in fact man that wrote it. 

yup, predictably only YOURS is the only true one... :) lucky you! 

There is no violation of free speech here they just don't want it on their show.

Anti-gay or pro-Christian

6 of 1...

I've watched several episodes of duck dynasty and I didn't like it because it seemed heavily scripted and everything do seem like reenactments or something.

I agree!

Make no mistake, "Duck Dynasty" is a sitcom. It's just one that uses "real" people rather than trained actors. (Consider the setups and jokes, the multiple camera angles for dialogue and the complete absence of boom mics and camera men intruding on scenes.)

And the show's already burned through the sort of sitcom tricks we don't typically see until year four, like weird sidekicks that seem to come out of nowhere and stretch the limits of belief ("Mountain Man") and celebrity guest appearances (Nascar driver Clint Bowyer).

In the most recent season finale, the family vacationed in Hawaii (classic "Brady Bunch") and?I'm not making this up?one of the characters literally jumped over a shark. (It was an inflatable shark in a swimming pool and no one was dressed like Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli, but the point was made.)

But the shark jumping actually happened well before then. During the season premiere, Uncle Si whipped out a pistol and "fired" blindly into a log because he thought he'd heard a rat?something no responsible gun owner (or someone pretending to be a responsible gun owner) would ever do. (I say "fired" because it seemed like the gun wasn't actually shot and that sound-effects were added during editing.)

From Now That 'Duck Dynasty' Has Jumped the Shark, Time to Get Back to 'Reality'

It's interesting how you single out americans in your post when people from any country are capable doing what you describe. You're somehow trying to make yourself (people from the uk) sound better for it though. Besides that no one expects you mods to not enforce the rules of a private forum because they're from a certain place. And anyone who does probably isn't worth having around anyways.

Second. You probably should read the article before trying to make your argument. This is what he said..

?Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,?

Where does that say that if you're gay eventually animals might start to look appealing to you? Basically he's just saying if this one thing over here is okay, then this thing over here that is generally frowned upon over there might start to be okay, too.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what he said but it does help to read the article to understand what he actually said.

Firstly I am using americans in my statement because as others are focusing on their "1st amendment rights", If I am wrong here then so be it but I believed that this was a pretty American specific area in the thread. I'm sorry if it seemed that I was trying to make myself or my country better than anyone or any nation worse the UK. I agree complelelty, the entire world suffers from not being able to think about what they CAN say and what they SHOULD say, or in this context shouldn't.

As I have said I was using the 1st amendment as an example as it had been used so many times already with regards to "us mods" as saying if American's truly believe they have the right to say what they want based on the consititution then is that any different from the right to write what they want? 

I think that only proves part of my point about the media in that things can be written in a way to stir an emotion, re-reading it again I can see what you have said is actually how the aritcle is written. If I had of read it a little more clearly then I would have gotten the context right so thanks for pointing that out.

Again, I probably need to re-read that article but based on that, am I correct in saying the only thing he actually said that could be percieved as "anti-gay" is that he made a comment that being gay is classed as a sin and if people are to OK gay people in the world then when does it stop? I think whether I went about making point the best way or not, what I said still stands to an extent, I don't see a person being "anti-gay" as a bad thing. Everyone has their beliefs whether it is religious or not, but as long as you respect others for their choices whether you agree or not I don't see a problem with it. I don't believe what I have understood (or perhaps misunderstood again) to be a disrespectful statement at all.

Just as serious or just as laughable as your god. Don't forget the bible was also written by man, no matter how much you scream and yell it's god's word, it is still in fact man that wrote it. 

theres a difference between written and worship. No one is saying worship the bible. And of course the bible would be written by man, who else would write it?

Meh, people have nothing better to do than deflect from their own boring and wrecked lives by pursuing every word that comes out of every other person's mouth.

Who cares what he said, honestly. He could have said he hates or loves anything (which he really didn't even), and that is his opinion. He expressed his beliefs, period. People seem to preach being accepting and tolerance of all others, except when that acceptance includes something they personally hate or dislike, or don't agree with. I love the argument that the studio should get rid of him to be safe... safe from what... oh yeah, bad publicity. Pfft. PC correct pansies.

People are big fat hypocrites and overall a blight on the planet. Let's face it, all of us are evil, and he called that out, it's his belief. He also called out other things he believes are sins as well, but you don't hear all of those folks and groups in an uproar.

Suck it up, cupcakes. You [some groups] claim they aren't special, or different, yet when someone has an issue with that, or even accepts that fact, it suddenly becomes an issue. It's all about attention and destroying others for gain.

People are big fat hypocrites and overall a blight on the planet. Let's face it, all of us are evil and fallen short from God, he called that out, it's his belief. 

You speak for yourself; I'm none of those things. :)

You speak for yourself; I'm none of those things. :)

We would have to spend time together, or have others corroborate your story to verify. :shifty:

I start with the assumption that everyone is a mess, and work backwards. Saves time, energy, and money.

We would have to spend time together, or have others corroborate your story to verify. :shifty:

I start with the assumption that everyone is a mess, and work backwards. Saves time, energy, and money.

OK, I fibbed slightly.

I AM fat. :p

theres a difference between written and worship. No one is saying worship the bible. And of course the bible would be written by man, who else would write it?

You asked who would take buddhists seriously, while ignoring just how silly your own religion is and what it's based on. Most religious people claim their religion is the right one because their specific bible/book says so and circular logic is fallacy.

A good portion of this thread is just getting retarded.   Was it right for them to suspend him? IMO base on reading the entire context NO.  Was it legal and their right to do so? YES.  In the US although you cannot be fired for your religious beliefs you can be fired for saying them on any kind of media from facebook to radio to tv.

This is not some legal argument people seem hell bent on making it from both sides and trying to sound smarter.  Its a simple matter of opinions of what people feel is morally right or wrong of them to do.

You asked who would take buddhists seriously, while ignoring just how silly your own religion is and what it's based on. Most religious people claim their religion is the right one because their specific bible/book says so and circular logic is fallacy.

Such an ignorant man. If you cant provide information/ data on how it is false please shut up.

Such an ignorant man. If you cant provide information/ data on how it is false please shut up.

LOL, the very fact that people say their god is real because their bible says so is more then enough proof of circular logic. My guess is you don't even grasp at how much of a fallacy that makes it. You can no more prove your god is real then disprove anyone else's. Talk about ignorance. If you can't stand other's stating their view, then you clearly don't belong on a forum that talks about it.

That's not how proof works, and you know it.

The ones making the POSITIVE claims are the ones who must provide proof if they want anyone to believe them.