5 Million Gmail Passwords Leaked, Check Yours Now

guys.   isleaked was registered  2 days ago

now i feel like an idiot to put my email into it.   probably harvesting more email addresses, to hack them :(

I'm I the only person struggling to open and search that text file?

Notepad is obviously going to fall over, but even Wordpad and Word are having trouble with it. I thought Excel might save the day, but even that has a limit.

Try Notepad++ if you're still having issues getting it to open.

guys. isleaked was registered 2 days ago

now i feel like an idiot to put my email into it. probably harvesting more email addresses, to hack them :(

But then how it knew the first two characters of my old password, if it was only created to harvest e-mail addresses?

• Like 1

now i feel like an idiot to put my email into it.   probably harvesting more email addresses, to hack them :(

so? It doesn't mean that the emails were active or it was yours, as well. It could be anyone email and those aren't difficult to crawl.

But then how it knew the first two characters of my old password, if it was only created to harvest e-mail addresses?

did it now?      well maybe it was working at crawling the leak sources too.   which it reassuring. 

Notepad is obviously going to fall over, but even Wordpad and Word are having trouble with it. I thought Excel might save the day, but even that has a limit.

I used Notepad++ and it opened it just fine.

Check the addresses of myself and my family, one family member appeared on the list but it was an old password anyway (which was changed about 5 months ago), so the list is quite dated.

As for my own, two-factor authentication would have stopped anyone from gaining access if my password had been leaked.

The list is definitely older than 5 months. I didn't change my password for my Google account in over 2 years (using 2-step verification security and not using the google account for anything other than g-mail as my spam collector) and it still showed my old password in the leak.

guys.   isleaked was registered  2 days ago

I read that too. The explanation I read in the comments is that other services had leaks a few days ago, and that's what the site was originally set up. Searching for Gmail addresses was added later  

Found my account on it but the password was one that I only used on some forums, looks like they just hacked some badly maintained forums and "assumed" that users used the same password for their actual Google accounts.

Two factor FTW!

Mine wasn't on the list but a few mates' were. Have informed them and shared this on my forum. Cheers for the heads up.

I read that too. The explanation I read in the comments is that other services had leaks a few days ago, and that's what the site was originally set up. Searching for Gmail addresses was added later  

Thankfully i didn't use the site, but the list available on Mega. Never can be to sure.

sublime text opened it no issues at all.

Sublime is sublime

Interestingly, last week I received a security warning email from Google about a failed login attempt came from CA...

So just a recap guys, were passwords compromised and is a password change recommended? (I'd guess so)