Captain America : Civil War

On 3/10/2016 at 11:36 PM, FloatingFatMan said:

It looks like the suit is MEANT to look like, from the comics. Also, I loved the motion of the eyes!

I was worried we'd get the "Iron Spider" suit that Stark designed in the comic... That thing looked bloody stupid. :s

latest?cb=20150729001940

The eyes really did it for me! 

Spoiler

Supposedly we might see the Iron Spider suit. Word is that Stark might present Spiderman with it during the movie. I didn't read that much into it, because I do not  want to spoil the movie for myself, but I have heard of this rumor more than once.

• Like 1

On 2016-03-10 at 0:36 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

It looks like the suit is MEANT to look like, from the comics. Also, I loved the motion of the eyes!

I was worried we'd get the "Iron Spider" suit that Stark designed in the comic... That thing looked bloody stupid. :s

latest?cb=20150729001940

Iron Spider is in the "Ultimate Spider-Man vs the Sinister 6" animated series -- as well as appeared in a few episodes of the previous seasons -- but I think the costume for IS is stupid for the simple fact spiders have 8 legs, not 7.

Just now, Thomas the Tank Engine said:

Iron Spider is in the "Ultimate Spider-Man vs the Sinister 6" animated series -- as well as appeared in a few episodes of the previous seasons -- but I think the costume for IS is stupid for the simple fact spiders have 8 legs, not 7.

It was used in Civil War, too.

2 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It was used in Civil War, too.

I haven't read comics in years, so I wouldn't know that.  I may pick up the occasional graphic novel to read from the library, but the ones I read are not Marvel or DC, although sometimes they may be published from either company but don't fall into their respective superhero universes.

• 1 month later...

Saw it last night. Very good film. Reviews are spot on. Probably the best Marvel film.

Black Panther and Spider Man did steal the show for me. 

There are also 2 end credit scenes. 

Spoiler

The Mid Credits shows Bucky (now with 1 arm) getting frozen again at Black Panthers home. It seems to tease his solo film..

The very end one shows Spider Man coming home after the battle and figures out Tony S has added technology to use web slingers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jemes said:

I can't understand that why did the heroes fight with each other instead of fight with a common enemy.,.,,but anyways I'm waiting for this movie.,.,.,.:D:D

Ok In the comics it goes like this, a bunch of young superheroes, on fighting each other, blow up an entire suburb and a school.

People get afraid and the US passes a bill which requires all masked heroes to reveal their identity , register and work as government servants.

Iron man side agrees, Captain America side doesn't. So war erupts.

In the movie, I think the UN gets attacked and this sparks the need for registration.

23 hours ago, Tuskd said:

Ok In the comics it goes like this, a bunch of young superheroes, on fighting each other, blow up an entire suburb and a school.

People get afraid and the US passes a bill which requires all masked heroes to reveal their identity , register and work as government servants.

Iron man side agrees, Captain America side doesn't. So war erupts.

In the movie, I think the UN gets attacked and this sparks the need for registration.

Basically, forced indenture or imprisonment, just because you're different. Superhero race wars.

22 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Basically, forced indenture or imprisonment, just because you're different. Superhero race wars.

Not so much race, but because in many cases the "heroes" have the power to level a city, and come on, in almost all of the movies so far, be it marvel or DC, some city is always getting wasted, so you figure some one has to stop this or try to control it.   I've lost count of the times NYC has been messed up in marvel movies, it's almost gotten as bad as Tokyo getting trashed by Godzilla over and over.

Quick question, planning to go and see the film in the next two weeks...are there any films in the Marvel Universe that I should make sure that I've seen, apart from the two CA films.

1 minute ago, George P said:

Not so much race, but because in many cases the "heroes" have the power to level a city, and come on, in almost all of the movies so far, be it marvel or DC, some city is always getting wasted, so you figure some one has to stop this or try to control it.   I've lost count of the times NYC has been messed up in marvel movies, it's almost gotten as bad as Tokyo getting trashed by Godzilla over and over.

Eh.. my view on it is, should a superhero be held accountable for their actions? Yes.

Should they be forced to register their true identities, therefore putting themselves and their loved ones at unnecessary risk? Hell no!

Should they be forced to work for the government just because they have power? No!!  Should they be imprisoned if they refuse? Again, hell no!!

Better way:  Have a superhero registry  ONLY for those who want to use their gifts against crime, and just record their hero identity and abilities.  Deputise said registered heroes so they have the legal authority to act and have them subject to the same restrictions as cops.  The rest, it's the same as any other civvie in the real world.  Self defence or assault laws cover things there.

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Eh.. my view on it is, should a superhero be held accountable for their actions? Yes.

Should they be forced to register their true identities, therefore putting themselves and their loved ones at unnecessary risk? Hell no!

Should they be forced to work for the government just because they have power? No!!  Should they be imprisoned if they refuse? Again, hell no!!

Better way:  Have a superhero registry  ONLY for those who want to use their gifts against crime, and just record their hero identity and abilities.  Deputise said registered heroes so they have the legal authority to act and have them subject to the same restrictions as cops.  The rest, it's the same as any other civvie in the real world.  Self defence or assault laws cover things there.

Yeah, well, you're taking more of a real world view on it, saying that, I doubt they'd ever deputize superheroes, in the end you're still working for the government in that sense.  Besides, if they had the same restrictions as cops, we'd be in for a pretty boring superhero movie.  :p

6 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Quick question, planning to go and see the film in the next two weeks...are there any films in the Marvel Universe that I should make sure that I've seen, apart from the two CA films.

I think the original IronMan is a must.  AntMan also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George P said:

Yeah, well, you're taking more of a real world view on it, saying that, I doubt they'd ever deputize superheroes, in the end you're still working for the government in that sense.  Besides, if they had the same restrictions as cops, we'd be in for a pretty boring superhero movie.  :p

I blame having played the City of Heroes MMO for its entire lifetime. :p  There, if you were a registered hero, you were protected, but if you weren't, you were a rogue and could be busted...

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

You haven't seen any of them!?!

You could probably enjoy it with absolutely no knowledge of any of the movies but there are subtle links to pretty much all of them. My daughter has recently got into superhero movies so I used that as an excuse to go back and watch all of them (or at least all but Ant Man) before going to see this last night. I'll be watching Ant Man soon with her and then I'll go back with her to see it.

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I'll be watching Ant Man soon with her

Not to the same level of "Guardians Of The Galaxy", but in a similar way - it was a lesser known but funny and enjoyable film.  Some very fun touches during the climactic fight scene.

Forgot this hasn't released in the states yet, saw it twice last week, great movie

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

You haven't seen any of them!?!

You could probably enjoy it with absolutely no knowledge of any of the movies but there are subtle links to pretty much all of them. My daughter has recently got into superhero movies so I used that as an excuse to go back and watch all of them (or at least all but Ant Man) before going to see this last night. I'll be watching Ant Man soon with her and then I'll go back with her to see it.

I'm yet to see Winter Soldier and Ant Man. probably something that I shouldn't admit on this topic ;)

Will see them before I see the film

On 5/2/2016 at 10:48 AM, Innervisions33 said:

MAJOR Civil War spoilers here:

Reveal hidden contents

Lee Surrenders

Lincoln dies

Apparently this was very wrong.  I feel so very cheated.

• Like 1

Was alright, one of the better MCU flix.  I think it was a bit of a let down since it came so hot on the heels of BvS (which I enjoyed way more).