What was the last movie you watched? (2015 Edition)

Jurassic-World-2015-movie-poster.thumb.j

Jurassic World [2015] - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The special effects are totally mastered and some action scenes are quite good but everything else, from the characters to the storylines, some of them totally useless, introduced out of the blue then totally forgotten for the rest of the movie , is either a cliché or a product placement.

3/10 and that includes 2 for the special effects ...

Nominated for the Oscar for Totally unneccesary reboot of a franchise that should have been left as a fossil in the ground

Edited by Vykranth
Do not press the big blue button until you have finished, Vykranth ...

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Official-Movie-Po

Avengers: Age of Ultron [2015] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Predictable, reheated themes (modern Frankenstein monster as an artificial intelligence escapes the control of its creator) and oozing with fan service.

A generic comic book movie too PG-13 for its own good. Meh.

5/10

Nominated for best trailer for the next Disney-produced Marvel movie.

Terminator-Genisys.thumb.jpg.4155374cf6b

Terminator Genisys [2015] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I expected an absolute total catastrophe but it is only a catastrophe. The idea of the movie is rather interesting and well introduced: basically the events of the first Terminator do not unfold as expected as the timeline has been somehow changed. From that point, it should have been expect the unexpected. Sadly, the trailer gave the one thing that made the movie have an unique approach on the theme. From that point, the path of the movie is set into a serie of clichés that you can see coming miles away. The next movie is also spoiled.

The casting is rather bad: Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese) is dunb and Emilia Clark (Sarah Connor) does not fit that role.

That movie could have been so much better but it feels ackward and rushed.

3/10

Nominated fro Best franchise that is beyond salvation even if we go back in time to save it

• 2 weeks later...

Black-Sea-2015-movie-poster.thumb.jpg.94

Black Sea [2015] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261331/

Plot: A recently fired submarine captain takes a job with a shadowy backer: he assembled a misfit team of British and Russian sailors to search the depths of the Black Sea for a Nazi submarine rumored to be loaded with gold.

It is not an action movie: this is a psychological drama thriller of the slow dive of men driven by their own greed and jealousy.

The movie is rather predictable and has the mandatory load of submarines clichés, what saves it is the very good interpretation of the characters: Jude Law in particular is quite good as the obsessional commander.

Not the movie of the year but definitively worth a rental: 6/10

These are the last 3 movies I've watched. Star Wars in IMAX was alright, I figure I could have watched it the same way on a regular screen and spent less money.

I'm going to see The Hateful Eight in the theatre (even though I watched the DVD screener yesterday), I thought it was really good.

Creed was a movie I would only watch once.

MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1

MV5BMjA1MTc1NTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM2

MV5BODg5NDM1MDI4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg0

On 12/17/2015 at 4:48 PM, Copernic said:

3Cw0Pjy.jpg

Went last night to a private screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Just two words: epic and amazing! Definitely my favorite movie of the year, and the best Star Wars episode to this date!

Forgot to mention I went to see it too on Thursday night (spur of the moment with a couple of work colleagues), and yeah, it was very good. There was a scene I did have a bit of a gripe with, but I'll keep things spoiler-free on here and not say what it was.

• Barney T. locked and unpinned this topic