AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

Good news though is all of the other bugs have been fixed even the damn .net fix bug!!

Yeppers!

And a quick note, I have compiled Beta 2 and have sent it out to 3 testers. I've only heard back from one so far, but he reports none of the bugs that were in Beta 1. If the other two agree, then we should have a Gold product, folks. :)

gonna be fun to see what you guys do for SP2 :)

Well, if SP2 integrates the .Net framework like we think it does, then the AutoPatcher will be recoded in .Net for all versions after SP2 is released. That also allows us more funtionality which we really want, but can't have right now.

it looked like it did till I went to do something one day that told me to install it. I'm going to be doing another format here in a few days and I'll check it out. Just need to find something that needs .NET installed for it to run. It does add in DX9 though that I know

it looked like it did till I went to do something one day that told me to install it. I'm going to be doing another format here in a few days and I'll check it out. Just need to find something that needs .NET installed for it to run. It does add in DX9 though that I know

I know... I have my fingers crossed that they will include it. :)

:argh:

Flish I am new and your great work is going to save my life.......but I

am puzzled I have 150 new T40 laptop to roll out, I am using xp pro sp1a

OEM preload I have the Dec build and run all Criticals and Recommend IE and OE

when I chk winupdate it sayes I still need 11 critiacls. On the Admin Catalog it

says 3 criticals have been released in past month??????????????

But no matter what your work RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSSSSS

I was doing this with a batch file ,47 call bats and qchain at the end a pain in arse

Hope the Jan release wil knock out most of it out. Unattended with screen log is a show in itself.

SkunkWerkz

I know... I have my fingers crossed that they will include it. :)

Could always ask in the sp2 beta newsgroups :) then again I could as well but I've yet to be there since the XP tests ended hehe

:argh:

Flish I am new and your great work is going to save my life.......but I

am puzzled I have 150 new T40 laptop to roll out, I am using xp pro sp1a

OEM preload I have the Dec build and run all Criticals and Recommend IE and OE

when I chk winupdate it sayes I still need 11 critiacls.  On the Admin Catalog it

says 3 criticals have been released in past month?????????????? 

But no matter what your work RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSSSSS

I was doing this with a batch file ,47 call bats and qchain at the end a pain in arse

Hope the Jan release wil knock out most of it out.  Unattended with screen log is a show in itself.

SkunkWerkz

First, Welcome! Second, what 11 does it say you need? That's quite odd. Anywho, wait a day or two and try the Jan update. :)

Is there any way that I can configure the Messenger Plus installer so I can change the directory it installs to? This is my only gripe with AutoPatcher at the moment :)

Is there any way that I can configure the Messenger Plus installer so I can change the directory it installs to? This is my only gripe with AutoPatcher at the moment :)

As far as I know, no you can't. This actually isn't the AutoPatcher's fault, it's the way Messenger Plus was designed to run silently.

@Kriz - Uploadin' the Jan Update today... it's final, baby! (Y)

Why do you guys have to tease me about the Feb release when the Jan release isnt even out? Its like Emeril telling me how good the next meal is going to be when Im at the dinner table. Or Stephen King telling me how good his next book is when Im checking out to buy his current. Cruel and unusual punishment for sure.

Anyway, you guys rock.

Why do you guys have to tease me about the Feb release when the Jan release isnt even out? Its like Emeril telling me how good the next meal is going to be when Im at the dinner table. Or Stephen King telling me how good his next book is when Im checking out to buy his current. Cruel and unusual punishment for sure.

Anyway, you guys rock.

Aww, don't let Raptor get to ya! He's just excited about the new Feb release because it's being coded differently! ;)

hehe, Good work guys, i might be able to download it before i goto work(Friday atm) tommorrow :p so i can use it ther for system installs. (i work saturdays)

hehe, Good work guys, i might be able to download it before i goto work(Friday atm) tommorrow :p so i can use it ther for system installs. (i work saturdays)

Well, should have some links up with the Jan update by then! :D

Okay, the Jan Release has gone gold, and I'm now uploading it to my servers. So, here's the info you've been waiting for (revised since the last time I posted it):

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Gold (January Update) - Change Log - Final

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Added Popup Warning when Selecting "Remove Windows Messenger".

** Added Confirmation Box when choosing to "Set as Defaults".

** Added /noregchecks switch.

** Cleaned up Code for Added Stability

** Added New DLL file: regobj.dll

** Fixed Bug and Misspellings in AutoRun Menu

** Fixed Mispellings in Database

** Updated all Documentation

** Updated Database Editor to Build 1.0.1.4

** Fixed .Net Install Issue

** Fixed .Net Update Install Issue

** Updated "Turn On Numlock" RegTweak

** Updated "Windows Uptime Tool" to new GUI version.

** Updated "Messenger Plus!" to version 2.5.4

** Updated "MSN Messenger" to version 6.1.0207

** Updated Patched Uxtheme.dll to version 6.0.2800.1129

** Updated IE Spy AD

** Updated "10 Downloads in IE" to "20 Downloads in IE"

** Renamed "WindowsXPMediaPlayer9DVDPack.msi" to "DVDPack.msi"

** Deleted "Install.exe", "Setup.exe", and "Bootstrap.exe"

** Fixed "Must install MSN Messenger 6 to Uninstall Windows Messenger" bug

** Updated File Tree Defaults

** Added "Switches.txt" to Documentation Folder

** 13 New Windows XP Pre-SP2 Critical & Recommended Updates

-- "Q319233: Keypad "=" Key May Not Work on NEC PC98 USB Keyboard"

-- "Q324230: A Domain Driver-Signing Policy Is Not Applied"

-- "Q326119: Event Viewer May Show IrEvents Error 8205 If the Irmon Service Is Stopped"

-- "Q328070: Netmeeting Does Not Disconnect When You Use It Through a Windows XP Firewall"

-- "Q328237: Some Programs Do Not Work As Expected When Large Files Are Opened"

-- "Q329059: Themed Programs May Stop Working During Long Operations"

-- "Q330836: Shortcuts to Mapped Drives on Windows 95 or Windows 98 May Not Work in Windows XP"

-- "Q816736: CD-RW Drive Does Not Eject Blank Media"

-- "Q823291: File List in the Windows Explorer Folder Is Not Refreshed After You Create, Move, or Delete Files"

-- "Q828940: Wireless Client Cannot Reconnect to a Wireless Access Point"

-- "Q829637: Programs That Run Correctly with Windows 2000 Do Not Run Correctly with Window XP"

-- "Q833330: Blaster Virus Patch"

--"Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Connection 5.2 Update"

** 06 Optional (and Bonus) Programs & Features

-- "Device Manager Shortcut to All Programs Menu"

-- "Desktop Icon Restore Tool"

-- "Windows Media Player Classic version 6.4.7.5"

-- "Microsoft Virtual CD Tool"

--"Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2"

--"MSXML 3.0 SP4 Update"

** 05 New RegTweaks

-- "Add Administrative Tools to Control Panel"

-- "Enable Boot Optimization"

-- "Place My Computer, My Docs, Etc on Desktop"

-- "Add Encrypt to Right Click Menu"

-- "Disable Bad DNS Caching in IE"

** 01 Windows Media Player Update

-- "Windows Media Player 9 Update (Build 3093)"

** 01 Microsoft Data Access Components Update

-- "FIX: Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code execution"

** Updated Executable Version to 4.2.32

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package Size: 217.0 MB (7z Executable)

Update Package Size: 24.8 MB (7z Executable)

Patcher Version: 4.2.32 Final - January Update

Build Date: January 23, 2004 12:00 PM

Number of Updates: 208

Also, quick side note... AutoPatcher CD's will be able to be purchased some time today (struck a deal with a guy who does this for other people online). I'll make a thread about it when it happens. And yes, they will be able to be sent worldwide. (Y)

Can't wait Flish... :D

What you project the CD's to go for?

It will be $10.00 for N. America (Mexico, US, Canada)... that's for AutoPatcher XP Jan Full on a disk (with SP1 included), with a Jewel case. I believe it's $15.00 for anywhere else.