AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

I have a request. When installing, is there anyway that you could make it so it doesn't ping the cpu? It really makes the system crawl.

What do you mean, exactly? What's pinging the CPU?

Ahhh, I cant get it anywhere, just reformatted, and I cant download it

I know, my newest host just went down... I'm workin' on uploadin' it to a new one! (Y)

Some possible additions:

Sun Java VM adds a startup entry....remove it!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=-

the Bluetooth Update adds a startup entry...i don't have bluetooth, hmm....remove :D

"BluetoothAuthenticationAgent"=-

Some possible additions:

Sun Java VM adds a startup entry....remove it!

"SunJavaUpdateSched"=-

the Bluetooth Update adds a startup entry...i don't have bluetooth, hmm....remove :D

"BluetoothAuthenticationAgent"=-

Good ones! (Y)

i'm putting another one of my most important ones in a reg file right now...

it disables the automatic enabling of "StickyKeys" and other annoying Accessibility Options that enable themselves after you press such and such a key 5 times in a row.

hum. im new to this patcher. i read it was pre-sp2 patches, but does it have sp1 installed? its not listed.

hum plus.....someone should update the links. they're all dead now.

hum. im new to this patcher. i read it was pre-sp2 patches, but does it have sp1 installed? its not listed.

hum plus.....someone should update the links. they're all dead now.

It doesn't contain SP1, and I'm workin' on it. :)

i cant use autopatcher

the full update is corrupted to bad like the program much.

as i see it its windows update for me again.

dont matter much enymore sp2 is here soon.

have fun and take care

i cant use autopatcher

the full update is corrupted to bad like the program much.

as i see it its windows update for me again.

dont matter much enymore sp2 is here soon.

have fun and take care

did you try redownloading it?

Hello,

Very nice job! congratulations!

I've downloaded autopatcher.... Working nice!

The only snag, it's english version and I'm using french. I've started downloading the main update french main files : WindowsXP-KB826939-x86-FRA.exe (rolup1), xpsp1a_fr_x86.exe, dotnetfx.exe, q824145.exe, WindowsMedia8-KB817787-x86-FRA.exe, Q811114_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe... there are about 225 files STOOOOOOP.

How/where can I get all the appropriate french files in few download as a package without installing the basic Windows WinXP SP1 and downloading the catalog.

Kind regards

coucou

did you try redownloading it?

yes i did 22 times redownloaded.

on various days all say damaged zip and missing files when u try to unpak it :(

i still have auto patcher 4 gold that works maybe u the maker can keep it in mind.

and try a other pakking system.

i have a high speed connection cable

what i did also is use normal download and flashget.

grrr, i would host it, but ummmmmm wait i will host it, just let me get off work first. im only gonna have 40GB of Transfer, so you will have to grab it when you can. and i know this one i have it error free.

Hello,

Very nice job! congratulations!

I've downloaded autopatcher.... Working nice!

The only snag, it's english version and I'm using french. I've started downloading the main update french main files : WindowsXP-KB826939-x86-FRA.exe (rolup1), xpsp1a_fr_x86.exe, dotnetfx.exe, q824145.exe, WindowsMedia8-KB817787-x86-FRA.exe, Q811114_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe... there are about 225 files STOOOOOOP.

How/where can I get all the appropriate french files in few download as a package without installing the basic Windows WinXP SP1 and downloading the catalog.

Kind regards

coucou

unfortunately, downloading the packages one by one is currently the only way to make a different language version :-\ here's instructions (also included in the Documentation folder of AutoPatcher)

If you'd like to make AP in a language other than English, here are the steps you need to take:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You need to download all of the files that you want to be in your custom language from Microsoft.

2. You need to open all the axp files for the files you will be overwriting.  Inside there you'll see something like this (I'll use Q322011.axp as an example):

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe" /q /z

You'll note on the file you downloaded it will be written like Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_XXX.exe Now where the XXX is will be your specific language code. For example, English is ENU, German is DEU, etc. In each of these axp files you need to just take out the ENU and replace it with the country code you're using. So if you were converting to German, it would go from:

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe" /q /z

to

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_DEU.exe" /q /z

Then you'd just save it and go to the next. You don't need to change the name of the axp file or anything else. Just those three letters inside. On some files the custom language name of the file is the same, in that case you don't need to edit the axp file.

3. When you're all done with those, you'd need to open the ProgFiles directory. Delete out all the files you plan on replacing, and then copy in yours.

4.  Finally, open the autopatcherxp.apdb file and where it says:

Language=English

Change it to your language, for example, if you were making a German install, you'd make it say:

Language=German

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Now that you've done that, when running the AutoPatcher, it will install your Language version of the updates, rather than the English Version. If you'd like to add extra updates, just follow the instructions on how to make a custom install.

also, if you wouldn't mind....if you do download all the packages individually...could you put all the urls along with the name of the update in a text file and post it?

i know that would make it a lot easier for others to make a language version later...and i'm also beginning work on a project that may make it easier...

but i need urls, and i'm having all kinds of trouble finding them :s

also, if you wouldn't mind....if you do download all the packages individually...could you put all the urls along with the name of the update in a text file and post it?

i know that would make it a lot easier for others to make a language version later...and i'm also beginning work on a project that may make it easier...

but i need urls, and i'm having all kinds of trouble finding them :s

As i wrote above, i've already started downloading.

But, OK i'll restart

I can upload you the french files. It may much help our community.

It will take sometime. I let you know

Cheers

coucou