AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

I am noticing that there are very few Links for AP available. I am in contact with my internet servers to see how much it would cost for an unlimited bandwidth host for Autopacher.

Leebobs

This is what I did for sp1

I downloaded it from MS added a button to install SP1 on the menu, and put everything on cd. Ill ask flish if its cool to post the menu with the SP1 Install button and link info, then add instructions on where to add it in the file structure so it will work properly once you click the INSTALL SP1 Button. I did this for myself for some of the clients I have that did not have sp1 yet when I picked the account up. Your not going to get any Autopatcher that has SP1 with it because frankly the file would be way too big. You can download SP1 yourself and add it to your cd and use what Ill post to make your own.

By the way, its great to be back. Had a wonderfull vacation snowboarding and then going to vegas for a few days :)!!! Hope I did not miss much.

Does that sound ok to what your wanting?

OK. I might add SP1 support (from download.microsoft.com) in my AutoPatcher Download app. :D

Edit/BTW: I have 1000 posts! Yay! :woot: :shifty: :drool:

slight problem with the "Turn on Num Lock Key" tweak...

it should be

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard]
"InitialKeyboardIndicators"="2"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard]
"InitialKeyboardIndicators"="2"

(i added the default user, that way it turns on at the logon screen as well.)

memodude, i smell APDN (ala MSDN)... AutoPatcher Developer Network :D

keep it up! and thank for supporting AutoPatcher!

/Raptor

Dude, you should do that! Two plans:

APDN Basic: Free, no registration required.

APDB Premium: $20 a year, get development info and the all the latest AP discs for all OSses every month.

Could you let us in on the secret.....?

by "figured it out" i meant that i learned (from another thread) that mirror 9 is corrupt. meaning that unless your file is about 202megs, it IS corrupt. so i just got Shifty to AIM Send it to me. :)

All the Upgrade links that says "Up" are down. I want to get it, but I can't. Can somebody kindly send it to me or mirror another one so I can get the December Update Only one? Thanks!

I'm looking to add drivers to the plug and play list and appz (what code, where to add XP_SLIPSTEAM_BUILDER.bat or in the expanded autopatcher...)

High priority: Philips 150S3F monitor: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/1/150s3f_..._00_dxp_eng.zip (24k ? files 150s3.inf, 150s3.cat, Finder.dat and Ph_LCD15.icm)

Less priority:

Radeon 9000 DDR, how to add CATALYST Windows XP 3.10 - Driver http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-cataly...2m1-012924c.exe

Soundblaster SB!Live: http://files.europe.creative.com/manualdn/...i-Pack(FRN).exe

Winrar...

Hi cpugeniusmv,

First of all, Happy Ney Year.

As agrred, I posted 3 days before the Autopatcher french links see

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...opatcher&st=360 and I've asked you kindly enclose or PM yr little program for automatic download.

Also, I asked you for a help how to add drivers see "Quote"

Many Tnx to guide me for those drivers

Kind regards

coucou

Hi cpugeniusmv,

First of all, Happy Ney Year.

As agrred, I posted 3 days before the Autopatcher french links see

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...opatcher&st=360 and I've asked you kindly enclose or PM yr little program for automatic download.

Also, I asked you for a help how to add drivers see "Quote"

Many Tnx to guide me for those drivers

Kind regards

coucou

i know, i saw it...

but the list is far from completion...and the program is only in the planning stages.

as for drivers, i've had no experience with them (yet).

for the latest updates, check out the "dutch" language thread in this forum...i think it's starting to turn into a "whatever language" update.

This is what I did for sp1

I downloaded it from MS added a button to install SP1 on the menu, and put everything on cd. Ill ask flish if its cool to post the menu with the SP1 Install button and link info, then add instructions on where to add it in the file structure so it will work properly once you click the INSTALL SP1 Button. I did this for myself for some of the clients I have that did not have sp1 yet when I picked the account up. Your not going to get any Autopatcher that has SP1 with it because frankly the file would be way too big. You can download SP1 yourself and add it to your cd and use what Ill post to make your own.

By the way, its great to be back. Had a wonderfull vacation snowboarding and then going to vegas for a few days :)!!! Hope I did not miss much.

Does that sound ok to what your wanting?

hey cool idea i want this please

okay the autpatcher forum seems to have died in the last 2 days, don't tell me everyone is on holiday, must be about time to start the official Jan wishlist before microsoft gifts us with new patches.

January wishlist ain't going to happen. 2 threads created, 2 threads closed. :rolleyes:

There are already a lot of bugfixes to fix that was made in the December release, so January release probably will be like a "service pack" :o

okay the autpatcher forum seems to have died in the last 2 days...

Can't say for everyone else, but I've been gone for about a week, but I'm back (officially tomorrow morning), and I'm gonna hit these forums hard. :) Anywho, I just sent MapleCookie back home and I'm quite sad... also, her flight has been VERY delayed so I'm kinda worried about her gettin' back, so you won't really see me postin' anymore tonight. But tomorrow... I'm back. (Y)

@OptiPlex - I had other reasons for not makin' one (a Jan wishlist). Lots of good ideas from the Dec wishlist I still want to include. :D

EDIT - And to all that PM'd me or e-mailed me while I was gone, I'll be sure to get back to you all shortly. :)

well though microsoft claimed no patches for dec, this just showed up on windows update, even though i have the nov update which is ver 1.1, the "dec culm update for ie" is version 1.2, and though they posted it on the 11th of dec, it only just showed up on winupdate today

heres the details

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-048

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (824145)

Issued: December 11, 2003

Version: 1.2

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/...in/MS03-048.asp

well when ever development on the jan update begins, how about adding the microsoft patch for XP that removes the blaster worm, i just installed it, and it works basically like a usual ms patch, would be handy for those installing autpatcher who may not even know they have the worm because they've installed the blaster patch after its infected them.

another thing that i've recently found on microsofts download section that would be handy for AP is the autofix, it checks the autorun feature for any faulty programs and options that are displayed in the autorun menu.

other than that keep up the good work.