Dopamine

Hi everyone!

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available: 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

The biggest change in this preview lies in how playlists are handled. Playlists are now saved to m3u files in your Music folder (in a sub folder Dopamine\Playlists) instead of the Dopamine database. Playlists can now contain files which are not in the collection. And last but not least: dragging and dropping of audio files, playlist files and songs is now also possible!

This is the change log:

2017-02-23: Dopamine 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

IMPORTANT:
Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save you playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.

– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] Tweaked the ‘Frequent’ screen
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window

Enjoy!

Download here

24 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone!

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available: 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

The biggest change in this preview lies in how playlists are handled. Playlists are now saved to m3u files in your Music folder (in a sub folder Dopamine\Playlists) instead of the Dopamine database. Playlists can now contain files which are not in the collection. And last but not least: dragging and dropping of audio files, playlist files and songs is now also possible!

This is the change log:

2017-02-23: Dopamine 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

IMPORTANT:
Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save you playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.

– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] Tweaked the ‘Frequent’ screen
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window

Enjoy!

Download here

Quick question. Can we just Drop a m3u file in the Dopamine\Playlists folder and have dopamine recognize it?

52 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Quick question. Can we just Drop a m3u file in the Dopamine\Playlists folder and have dopamine recognize it?

Not yet. It will be picked up only after a restart. I'll add that for the next preview.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Not yet. It will be picked up only after a restart. I'll add that for the next preview.

Thanks.

New build available. This is the change log:

2017-02-24: Dopamine 1.3 Build 900 (Preview)

– [Added] Changes to the Music\Dopamine\Playlists folder are now detected automatically
– [Added] Double clicking a playlist queues and plays the songs of that playlist
– [Fixed] A potential crash occuring during calculation of the albums panel layout
– [Fixed] Tray controls are positioned outside of the screen when using desktop scaling > 100%

Download here

Another Dopamine preview is available: 1.3 build 901 (Preview)
It fixes some issues which some users have been experiencing. This is the change log:

2017-02-25: Dopamine 1.3 Build 901 (Preview)

– [Fixed] Audio files which reside on a NAS cannot be played from playlists
– [Fixed] Dopamine process remains active in Task Manager after a controlled crash
– [Fixed] Another potential crash occurring during calculation of the albums panel layout

Download here

H Raphael!

I love this music player,it is by far the best I have seen on pc!

The UI is THE BEST!It is so simple and sleek!

The quality is SOOOO good!There is really only 1 complaint I have:

When tracks are on repeat one,I can't use the next and previous buttons on my keyboard!

I really want that ability since I play games mostly in fullscreen while listening to music.And it's a pain to keep needing to minimize!

So can you make it so that if it is set to repeat one,the next and previous buttons still work?On most music players it does that,I want this really badly!

Also I'm new to neowin,I created my account just now for this.

So I accendentily created quotes and I don't know how to remove them!

Edited by Brandon H
removed empty quotes
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jaspeer256 said:

H Raphael!

When tracks are on repeat one,I can't use the next and previous buttons on my keyboard!

I really want that ability since I play games mostly in fullscreen while listening to music.And it's a pain to keep needing to minimize!

So can you make it so that if it is set to repeat one,the next and previous buttons still work?On most music players it does that,I want this really badly!

What kind of keyboard do you have?

Raphael - I found that once I moved all my music to my home server (Windows 10 share) everything works fine BUT If I have any other network drives that are disconnected (two godaddy drives mapped to my godaddy domain servers) Dopamine will not launch.  It looks like dopamine is checking ALL my network drives not JUST the drive I have my music on.  The drive I have my music on is never disconnected.  I have to connect my network drives to godaddy then Dopamine will work.

I will post a picture of what I mean.

Untitled.png

The S: Drive is where all my music is, the X: and Z: drives are my godaddy drives which are mapped to my godaddy domains so I can develop my websites directly.  X: and Z: are always disconnected when I reboot, I have to double click them and confirm my username and password to connect them each time I reboot.  If I reboot and try to run Dopamine without connecting my X: and Z: drives dopamine will NOT run.

All it adds in the log file is:

2017-03-05 09:32:05.354|Info|App.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.3.0.901, IsPortable = False, Windows version = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15048.0) ###

On ‎5‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, jaspeer256 said:

H Raphael!

When "repeat one" is enabled, pressing the prev and next buttons currently replays the current song. I haven't checked how other players behave. Do they override the repeat one when pressing prev and next? 

6 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

When "repeat one" is enabled, pressing the prev and next buttons currently replays the current song. I haven't checked how other players behave. Do they override the repeat one when pressing prev and next? 

yes, generally it will go to the next/previous song and then that song will repeat. :)

I'll say it.

With most players the <&> buttons still work on repeat one.

Explanation:

I'm listening to track #1,repeat one is turned on.Eventually I'll get bored of it.

When I press > it goes to Track #2,it still is in repeat one.So Track #2 now will loop.

When I want to go back I press <I'm back at Track #1.Repeat one is still on.Track #1 will now once again loop.

And if I press < on Track #1 I'll go to the end of the playlist.

Also Ravensky,it is not the keyboard even the buttons in the app do this.(I think)But still...A trust GXT 285

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

yes, generally it will go to the next/previous song and then that song will repeat. :)

2 hours ago, jaspeer256 said:

I'll say it.

With most players the <&> buttons still work on repeat one.

Explanation:

I'm listening to track #1,repeat one is turned on.Eventually I'll get bored of it.

When I press > it goes to Track #2,it still is in repeat one.So Track #2 now will loop.

When I want to go back I press <I'm back at Track #1.Repeat one is still on.Track #1 will now once again loop.

And if I press < on Track #1 I'll go to the end of the playlist.

Also Ravensky,it is not the keyboard even the buttons in the app do this.(I think)But still...A trust GXT 285

Ok Thanks for the explanation. I'll fix that for the next build. I've logged the issue here: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/343

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Ravensky said:

Raphael - I found that once I moved all my music to my home server (Windows 10 share) everything works fine BUT If I have any other network drives that are disconnected (two godaddy drives mapped to my godaddy domain servers) Dopamine will not launch.  It looks like dopamine is checking ALL my network drives not JUST the drive I have my music on.  The drive I have my music on is never disconnected.  I have to connect my network drives to godaddy then Dopamine will work.

I will post a picture of what I mean.

Untitled.png

The S: Drive is where all my music is, the X: and Z: drives are my godaddy drives which are mapped to my godaddy domains so I can develop my websites directly.  X: and Z: are always disconnected when I reboot, I have to double click them and confirm my username and password to connect them each time I reboot.  If I reboot and try to run Dopamine without connecting my X: and Z: drives dopamine will NOT run.

All it adds in the log file is:

2017-03-05 09:32:05.354|Info|App.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.3.0.901, IsPortable = False, Windows version = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15048.0) ###

Strange... Could you send me a screenshot of your collection folders in Dopamine? Dopamine only checks the folders which are configured in the collecton folders screen.

Is it still running in the background when that happens? Because, according to the log, it started, but then did nothing else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Strange... Could you send me a screenshot of your collection folders in Dopamine? Dopamine only checks the folders which are configured in the collecton folders screen.

Is it still running in the background when that happens? Because, according to the log, it started, but then did nothing else.

A Windows revision fixed the issue... go figure.  I am using Windows 10 Insider version 15048 and its working now. Sorry for the false alarm :)

A new Dopamine preview is available. This is the change log:

2017-03-13: Dopamine 1.3 Build 905 (Preview)

– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.

Download here

34 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

A new Dopamine preview is available. This is the change log:

2017-03-13: Dopamine 1.3 Build 905 (Preview)

– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.

Download here

Thank you Sir :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ralph, I created an account here just to tell you how much I appreciate the player.

I do have a few small (well one not so small) suggestions that would make it more perfect :)

1. Allow user to choose monitor for notifications, rather than defaulting to primary monitor

2.  Allow user to type first few letters in album and song pane (you can do this in artist and genre, but only these two)

3. Ignore the word "the" in album titles as is done for artists (also possibly in song titles)

I'd also love the ability to have multiple "Collections", so I can put my electronic music in one collection and everything else in another, but I understand that's not a feature that is likely to be implemented.

Mostly I wanted to say thanks though.  Also the FAQ item about compilation albums was very helpful

5 hours ago, GeneralStan said:

Hey Ralph, I created an account here just to tell you how much I appreciate the player.

I do have a few small (well one not so small) suggestions that would make it more perfect :)

1. Allow user to choose monitor for notifications, rather than defaulting to primary monitor

2.  Allow user to type first few letters in album and song pane (you can do this in artist and genre, but only these two)

3. Ignore the word "the" in album titles as is done for artists (also possibly in song titles)

I'd also love the ability to have multiple "Collections", so I can put my electronic music in one collection and everything else in another, but I understand that's not a feature that is likely to be implemented.

Mostly I wanted to say thanks though.  Also the FAQ item about compilation albums was very helpful

#1 is HUGE for me...that would be an Awesome feature!  2. and 3. would be nice also...

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, GeneralStan said:

Hi! Thanks for liking Dopamine.

For number 1, I created this feature request Issue 370

Number 2 requires me to overcome some technical difficulty: performance. I Haven't yet found (well, I have, but it costs 900 $) a way to add semantic search/separation without making the album list crawl. This is the GitHub issue: Issue 69

For number 3, I created Issue 371

I currently have no plans to implement a multiple collections thing. You can however put them in separate folders, add those folders to the collection, and check/uncheck which folders to display.

Glad the FAQ was helpful! You are one of the few who read it :)

• Like 1

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available. This is the change log:

Dopamine 1.3 Build 912 (Preview)

– [Changed] Lyrics are not downloaded anymore when the lyrics screen is not visible
– [Changed] Updated the Turkish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Added] Added button to export album and song covers to file
– [Added] Added option to switch between 4 styles of spectrum analyzers
– [Added] Smoother list animations
– [Fixed] Sorting of albums is broken on the albums screen

Downoad here