Dopamine


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

 

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available: 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

 

The biggest change in this preview lies in how playlists are handled. Playlists are now saved to m3u files in your Music folder (in a sub folder Dopamine\Playlists) instead of the Dopamine database. Playlists can now contain files which are not in the collection. And last but not least: dragging and dropping of audio files, playlist files and songs is now also possible!

 

This is the change log:

 

2017-02-23: Dopamine 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

 

IMPORTANT:
Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save you playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.

 

– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] Tweaked the ‘Frequent’ screen
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window

 

Enjoy!

 

Download here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone!

 

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available: 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

 

The biggest change in this preview lies in how playlists are handled. Playlists are now saved to m3u files in your Music folder (in a sub folder Dopamine\Playlists) instead of the Dopamine database. Playlists can now contain files which are not in the collection. And last but not least: dragging and dropping of audio files, playlist files and songs is now also possible!

 

This is the change log:

 

2017-02-23: Dopamine 1.3 Build 898 (Preview)

 

IMPORTANT:
Playlist support was rewritten from scratch. Your existing playlists will not be migrated.
Save you playlists to files manually before upgrading to this version. Import your saved
playlists after upgrading to this version.

 

– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Playlists support has been rewritten: playlists are now saved to files automatically.
– [Changed] Tweaked the ‘Frequent’ screen
– [Fixed] Automatic install or download button for updates is confusing for some users
– [Fixed] Improved sizing of time indicator on the main window

 

Enjoy!

 

Download here

Quick question. Can we just Drop a m3u file in the Dopamine\Playlists folder and have dopamine recognize it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Quick question. Can we just Drop a m3u file in the Dopamine\Playlists folder and have dopamine recognize it?

Not yet. It will be picked up only after a restart. I'll add that for the next preview.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Not yet. It will be picked up only after a restart. I'll add that for the next preview.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New build available. This is the change log:

 

2017-02-24: Dopamine 1.3 Build 900 (Preview)

 

– [Added] Changes to the Music\Dopamine\Playlists folder are now detected automatically
– [Added] Double clicking a playlist queues and plays the songs of that playlist
– [Fixed] A potential crash occuring during calculation of the albums panel layout
– [Fixed] Tray controls are positioned outside of the screen when using desktop scaling > 100%

 

Download here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another Dopamine preview is available: 1.3 build 901 (Preview)
It fixes some issues which some users have been experiencing. This is the change log:

 

2017-02-25: Dopamine 1.3 Build 901 (Preview)

 

– [Fixed] Audio files which reside on a NAS cannot be played from playlists
– [Fixed] Dopamine process remains active in Task Manager after a controlled crash
– [Fixed] Another potential crash occurring during calculation of the albums panel layout

 

Download here

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

H Raphael!

I love this music player,it is by far the best I have seen on pc!

 

The UI is THE BEST!It is so simple and sleek!

The quality is SOOOO good!There is really only 1 complaint I have:

When tracks are on repeat one,I can't use the next and previous buttons on my keyboard!

I really want that ability since I play games mostly in fullscreen while listening to music.And it's a pain to keep needing to minimize!

So can you make it so that if it is set to repeat one,the next and previous buttons still work?On most music players it does that,I want this really badly!

 

 

Also I'm new to neowin,I created my account just now for this.

So I accendentily created quotes and I don't know how to remove them!

Edited by Brandon H
removed empty quotes
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jaspeer256 said:

H Raphael!

I love this music player,it is by far the best I have seen on pc!

The UI is THE BEST!It is so simple and sleek!

The quality is SOOOO good!There is really only 1 complaint I have:

When tracks are on repeat one,I can't use the next and previous buttons on my keyboard!

I really want that ability since I play games mostly in fullscreen while listening to music.And it's a pain to keep needing to minimize!

So can you make it so that if it is set to repeat one,the next and previous buttons still work?On most music players it does that,I want this really badly!

 

 

Also I'm new to neowin,I created my account just now for this.

So I accendentily created quotes and I don't know how to remove them!

What kind of keyboard do you have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raphael - I found that once I moved all my music to my home server (Windows 10 share) everything works fine BUT If I have any other network drives that are disconnected (two godaddy drives mapped to my godaddy domain servers) Dopamine will not launch.  It looks like dopamine is checking ALL my network drives not JUST the drive I have my music on.  The drive I have my music on is never disconnected.  I have to connect my network drives to godaddy then Dopamine will work.

 

 I will post a picture of what I mean.

Untitled.png

 

The S: Drive is where all my music is, the X: and Z: drives are my godaddy drives which are mapped to my godaddy domains so I can develop my websites directly.  X: and Z: are always disconnected when I reboot, I have to double click them and confirm my username and password to connect them each time I reboot.  If I reboot and try to run Dopamine without connecting my X: and Z: drives dopamine will NOT run.

All it adds in the log file is:

2017-03-05 09:32:05.354|Info|App.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.3.0.901, IsPortable = False, Windows version = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15048.0) ###

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, jaspeer256 said:

H Raphael!

I love this music player,it is by far the best I have seen on pc!

 

The UI is THE BEST!It is so simple and sleek!

The quality is SOOOO good!There is really only 1 complaint I have:

When tracks are on repeat one,I can't use the next and previous buttons on my keyboard!

I really want that ability since I play games mostly in fullscreen while listening to music.And it's a pain to keep needing to minimize!

So can you make it so that if it is set to repeat one,the next and previous buttons still work?On most music players it does that,I want this really badly!

 

 

Also I'm new to neowin,I created my account just now for this.

So I accendentily created quotes and I don't know how to remove them!

When "repeat one" is enabled, pressing the prev and next buttons currently replays the current song. I haven't checked how other players behave. Do they override the repeat one when pressing prev and next? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

When "repeat one" is enabled, pressing the prev and next buttons currently replays the current song. I haven't checked how other players behave. Do they override the repeat one when pressing prev and next? 

yes, generally it will go to the next/previous song and then that song will repeat. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll say it.

With most players the <&> buttons still work on repeat one.

 

Explanation:

I'm listening to track #1,repeat one is turned on.Eventually I'll get bored of it.

When I press > it goes to Track #2,it still is in repeat one.So Track #2 now will loop.

When I want to go back I press <I'm back at Track #1.Repeat one is still on.Track #1 will now once again loop.

And if I press < on Track #1 I'll go to the end of the playlist.

 

Also Ravensky,it is not the keyboard even the buttons in the app do this.(I think)But still...A trust GXT 285

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

yes, generally it will go to the next/previous song and then that song will repeat. :)

 

2 hours ago, jaspeer256 said:

I'll say it.

With most players the <&> buttons still work on repeat one.

 

Explanation:

I'm listening to track #1,repeat one is turned on.Eventually I'll get bored of it.

When I press > it goes to Track #2,it still is in repeat one.So Track #2 now will loop.

When I want to go back I press <I'm back at Track #1.Repeat one is still on.Track #1 will now once again loop.

And if I press < on Track #1 I'll go to the end of the playlist.

 

Also Ravensky,it is not the keyboard even the buttons in the app do this.(I think)But still...A trust GXT 285

Ok Thanks for the explanation. I'll fix that for the next build. I've logged the issue here: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/343

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Ravensky said:

Raphael - I found that once I moved all my music to my home server (Windows 10 share) everything works fine BUT If I have any other network drives that are disconnected (two godaddy drives mapped to my godaddy domain servers) Dopamine will not launch.  It looks like dopamine is checking ALL my network drives not JUST the drive I have my music on.  The drive I have my music on is never disconnected.  I have to connect my network drives to godaddy then Dopamine will work.

 

 I will post a picture of what I mean.

Untitled.png

 

The S: Drive is where all my music is, the X: and Z: drives are my godaddy drives which are mapped to my godaddy domains so I can develop my websites directly.  X: and Z: are always disconnected when I reboot, I have to double click them and confirm my username and password to connect them each time I reboot.  If I reboot and try to run Dopamine without connecting my X: and Z: drives dopamine will NOT run.

All it adds in the log file is:

2017-03-05 09:32:05.354|Info|App.ExecuteStartup|### STARTING Dopamine, version 1.3.0.901, IsPortable = False, Windows version = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15048.0) ###

 

 

Strange... Could you send me a screenshot of your collection folders in Dopamine? Dopamine only checks the folders which are configured in the collecton folders screen.

Is it still running in the background when that happens? Because, according to the log, it started, but then did nothing else.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Strange... Could you send me a screenshot of your collection folders in Dopamine? Dopamine only checks the folders which are configured in the collecton folders screen.

Is it still running in the background when that happens? Because, according to the log, it started, but then did nothing else.

A Windows revision fixed the issue... go figure.  I am using Windows 10 Insider version 15048 and its working now. Sorry for the false alarm :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new Dopamine preview is available. This is the change log:

 

2017-03-13: Dopamine 1.3 Build 905 (Preview)

 

– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.

 

Download here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

A new Dopamine preview is available. This is the change log:

 

2017-03-13: Dopamine 1.3 Build 905 (Preview)

 

– [Added] Added NeteaseLyrics support
– [Added] Added XiamiLyrics support
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] When using “Loop one”, pressing Previous or Next now skips to the previous or next song.

 

Download here

Thank you Sir :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Ralph, I created an account here just to tell you how much I appreciate the player.

 

I do have a few small (well one not so small) suggestions that would make it more perfect :)

 

1. Allow user to choose monitor for notifications, rather than defaulting to primary monitor

 

2.  Allow user to type first few letters in album and song pane (you can do this in artist and genre, but only these two)

 

3. Ignore the word "the" in album titles as is done for artists (also possibly in song titles)

 

I'd also love the ability to have multiple "Collections", so I can put my electronic music in one collection and everything else in another, but I understand that's not a feature that is likely to be implemented.

 

Mostly I wanted to say thanks though.  Also the FAQ item about compilation albums was very helpful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GeneralStan said:

Hey Ralph, I created an account here just to tell you how much I appreciate the player.

 

I do have a few small (well one not so small) suggestions that would make it more perfect :)

 

1. Allow user to choose monitor for notifications, rather than defaulting to primary monitor

 

2.  Allow user to type first few letters in album and song pane (you can do this in artist and genre, but only these two)

 

3. Ignore the word "the" in album titles as is done for artists (also possibly in song titles)

 

I'd also love the ability to have multiple "Collections", so I can put my electronic music in one collection and everything else in another, but I understand that's not a feature that is likely to be implemented.

 

Mostly I wanted to say thanks though.  Also the FAQ item about compilation albums was very helpful

#1 is HUGE for me...that would be an Awesome feature!  2. and 3. would be nice also...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, GeneralStan said:

Hey Ralph, I created an account here just to tell you how much I appreciate the player.

 

I do have a few small (well one not so small) suggestions that would make it more perfect :)

 

1. Allow user to choose monitor for notifications, rather than defaulting to primary monitor

 

2.  Allow user to type first few letters in album and song pane (you can do this in artist and genre, but only these two)

 

3. Ignore the word "the" in album titles as is done for artists (also possibly in song titles)

 

I'd also love the ability to have multiple "Collections", so I can put my electronic music in one collection and everything else in another, but I understand that's not a feature that is likely to be implemented.

 

Mostly I wanted to say thanks though.  Also the FAQ item about compilation albums was very helpful

Hi! Thanks for liking Dopamine.

 

For number 1, I created this feature request Issue 370

Number 2 requires me to overcome some technical difficulty: performance. I Haven't yet found (well, I have, but it costs 900 $) a way to add semantic search/separation without making the album list crawl. This is the GitHub issue: Issue 69

For number 3, I created Issue 371

 

I currently have no plans to implement a multiple collections thing. You can however put them in separate folders, add those folders to the collection, and check/uncheck which folders to display.

Glad the FAQ was helpful! You are one of the few who read it :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new preview of Dopamine 1.3 is available. This is the change log:

 

Dopamine 1.3 Build 912 (Preview)

 

– [Changed] Lyrics are not downloaded anymore when the lyrics screen is not visible
– [Changed] Updated the French translation
– [Changed] Updated the Turkish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Added] Added button to export album and song covers to file
– [Added] Added option to switch between 4 styles of spectrum analyzers
– [Added] Smoother list animations
– [Fixed] Sorting of albums is broken on the albums screen

 

Downoad here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By Usama Jawad96
      Windows 11 Dev Channel gets a new Media Player app
      by Usama Jawad

      A couple of months ago, Microsoft inadvertently showed off a new media playing experience that it was working on. However, little was known about it due to the fact that only a screenshot of it had appeared online. Today, Microsoft has confirmed the existence of a new "Media Player" app for Windows 11, and it is rolling it out to those on the Dev Channel right now.

      Microsoft has noted that the Media Player app will replace Groove Music on Windows 11 eventually and all existing libraries and playlists will seamlessly and automatically migrate to the new experience. Apart from that, Media Player will obviously be able to play local music and video content as well. Microsoft has noted that the new app has been designed with Windows 11 aesthetics in mind, so do expect rounded corners and other design elements related to the OS.

      Other features that Microsoft has touted are album art and "rich artist imagery" that will be visible both in the full screen mode as well as the mini player. Keyboard shortcuts and accessibility-focused enhancements are in tow too.

      The legacy Windows Media Player will apparently co-exist with the new Media Player app for now though, if you would rather use that. Microsoft has noted that it is already aware of issues related to playing content stored in network locations, and those related to editing metadata or UI components not respecting app theme preferences. That said, the company will be looking to fix these problems and add new features to the app with the passage of time. Microsoft has not committed to a general release date for Media Player on Windows 11 yet, and has not indicated that it will arrive on Windows 10.

    • By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.8
      by Razvan Serea



      foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

      foobar2000 features:

      Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.8 changelog:

      Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software. Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output. Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives. Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries. Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo). Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header. Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link. Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name". Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library. Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered. Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes). Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags - some files were entirely unplayable. More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack. Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page. Made possible to add attached pictures by drag and drop to relevant Properties dialog page. Download page: foobar2000 1.6.8 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)
      Links: Home Page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | Android

      Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

    • By Copernic
      iTunes 12.12.2
      by Razvan Serea



      iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.

      Organize your music into playlists Edit file information Record compact discs Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music Encode music into a number of different audio formats. Download: iTunes 12.12.2 (64-bit) | 201.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: iTunes 12.12.2 (32-bit) | 171.0 MB
      Links: Apple iTunes Website

      Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

    • By MJacobs
      20th Anniversary of iPod and a look at an early prototype
      by Moshe Jacobs

      October 23rd, 2021 marked the 20th anniversary of the most iconic music player in history, the iPod. Apple's once leading music product has seen sales of over 400 million units to date as reported by Cult of Mac. Although there had been rumors swirling about a Fall 2021 revision of the iPod Touch, nothing has come of it quite yet. Even though the iPad has been relegated to a product buried in the Apple Store online not immediately apparent to purchase, it has seen such popularity through the years that more than 10 models in total ranging from the original iPods, iPod minis, iPod shuffles, and iPod nanos have been released.

      Blog writer from Panic, Cabel Sasser, has shared a first look at a very early prototype of the original iPod intended to mask the actual product design while development was occurring. Having seemingly aged through the years, what was most likely a white body has now taken on a yellowish appearance.



      Despite the behemoth size of this unit, it shares a display identical in size to the original consumer iPod. The prototype unit also included a standard headphone port as well as FireWire like the original iPod. A large scroll wheel was featured at the top left of the unit which, according to one of the founders of the iPod Tony Fadell, was poorly functional.

      Other parts of the button interface include an Up, Down, Left, and Right selection that may have corresponded to Menu, Play/Pause, Back, and Forward respectively.

      Despite the lack of similarity in physical aesthetics between this prototype and the original iPod released, the unit does date to September 3rd, 2001 indicating a date close to the release of the original iPod on October 23rd, 2001.

      For more pictures, and a much more detailed look at the prototype unit, check out the Panic's blog.

    • By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.8 Beta 1
      by Razvan Serea



      foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

      foobar2000 features:

      Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.8 Beta 1 changelog:

      Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software. Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output. Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives. Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries. Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo). Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header. Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link. Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name". Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library. Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered. Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes). Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags - some files were entirely unplayable. More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack. Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page. Download page: foobar2000 1.6.8 Beta 1 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)
      Links: Home Page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | Android

      Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware