Dopamine

I would still like an alternative selection method to be considered. There must be a better alternative than covering up the selected album artwork with a tick over it?

I know your thoughts on my suggestions were you had one previously and a bit Groove like, but they are just simple and still bold enough to make selection visible enough.

select1.PNGselect2.jpgselect3.jpg

12 hours ago, dakn said:

I would still like an alternative selection method to be considered. There must be a better alternative than covering up the selected album artwork with a tick over it?

I know your thoughts on my suggestions were you had one previously and a bit Groove like, but they are just simple and still bold enough to make selection visible enough.

select1.PNGselect2.jpgselect3.jpg

I guess I have no other choice than change it :) I'll try to restore it to how it was in the beginning.

3 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

For selection? Such as select the item to move or delete?

It's just a selection box. The top right corner item doesn't add any more value, than just being shown. I'm wondering which one looks better.

Edit: I'd say without. As it hides part of the cover, without adding any functionality.

14 hours ago, dakn said:

shuffle.png

Here? :)

I kinda like this (I'm wondering if that wasn't the original idea proposed much higher, can't remember :rofl:)

2 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

It's just a selection box. The top right corner item doesn't add any more value, than just being shown. I'm wondering which one looks better.

Edit: I'd say without. As it hides part of the cover, without adding any functionality.

Ah I see.  Without is good.   Hover can show it if you want. Unless click to show it.

Without for me too. Perfect.

3 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

I kinda like this (I'm wondering if that wasn't the original idea proposed much higher, can't remember :rofl:)

When you originally mentioned Shuffle all you asked for suggestions where it should go. I said there. :)

1 minute ago, dakn said:

Without for me too. Perfect.

When you originally mentioned Shuffle all you asked for suggestions where it should go. I said there. :)

Yeah, and I ignored it :)

18 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

With or without top right corner thingy?

Untitled.png

How about this. use the right style for single selection and use the left style for selecting multiple songs (i've seen a few apps do similar for selections)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

How about this. use the right style for single selection and use the left style for selecting multiple songs (i've seen a few apps do similar for selections)

I second this. Good idea! :)

21 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

yes I like this also.

I love Dopamine. I just noticed that some of my badly tagged files seems to be completely missing from my collection. See image. In that album, only the ones with tags showed up. I tried searching by filename, assuming they could not be in the correct album, but even by filename, I cannot find them.

Are files without proper tags ignored ? or is there a way to see them in Dopamine ?

snip_20161129172534.png

15 hours ago, Ikshaar said:

I love Dopamine. I just noticed that some of my badly tagged files seems to be completely missing from my collection. See image. In that album, only the ones with tags showed up. I tried searching by filename, assuming they could not be in the correct album, but even by filename, I cannot find them.

Are files without proper tags ignored ? or is there a way to see them in Dopamine ?

snip_20161129172534.png

Dopamine does include files with incorrect tags (unless reading the tags crashes due to file corruption, I think).

You should see them in under "Unkown artist" or "Unknown album". Also, when selecting no artist or album, you should see all songs in the rightmost list. The search bar should allow you to search by filename. The same can be achieved in the "Songs" screen. Do they appear there?

2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine does include files with incorrect tags (unless reading the tags crashes due to file corruption, I think).

You should see them in under "Unkown artist" or "Unknown album". Also, when selecting no artist or album, you should see all songs in the rightmost list. The search bar should allow you to search by filename. The same can be achieved in the "Songs" screen. Do they appear there?

So I could not find them, tried MediaMonkey, same error. Tried MP3tag, was finally able to see the files and that the codec infos are missing, and trying to view the extended tags crashed even mp3tag. 

See below the properties tab from mp3tag showing a correct file and a not correct one (see timestamp, file size and the entire missing MPEG infos). 

Obviously this is a very weird case of missing/wrong infos, so no worry about it, thanks for the help. FYI, i can still play those files in WMP for example, so the mp3 is not "lost".

CaptureBugTag.png

CaptureBugTag2.PNG

6 minutes ago, Ikshaar said:

So I could not find them, tried MediaMonkey, same error. Tried MP3tag, was finally able to see the files and that the codec infos are missing, and trying to view the extended tags crashed even mp3tag. 

See below the properties tab from mp3tag showing a correct file and a not correct one. 

Obviously this is a very weird case of missing infos, so no worry about it, thanks for the help. FYI, i can still play those files in WMP for example, so the mp3 is not "lost".

CaptureBugTag.png

CaptureBugTag2.PNG

Cool. Thank for the info! I'd like to improve Dopamine to include such files in the collection instead of ignoring them (if they're not too corrupted). Would you mind sharing one of those file so I can maybe fine tune indexing? 

41 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Cool. Thank for the info! I'd like to improve Dopamine to include such files in the collection instead of ignoring them (if they're not too corrupted). Would you mind sharing one of those file so I can maybe fine tune indexing? 

Sent you a private link.

Dopamine 1.2 build 812 (preview) has just been released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Changed the album selection box, as it wasn’t visible enough.
– [Fixed] Lyrics lines starting with text in square bracket are incorrectly interpreted as timestamped lyrics
– [Fixed] A lot of bugs in processing of metadata changes
– [Fixed] Non-square covers are not streched anymore
– [Fixed] Moved the “Shuffle all” button to a, hopefully, more logical place.
– [Fixed] A possible infinite loop while searching for lyrics online

Enjoy!

Download here

• Like 2

***EDIT***  -- I just went back to your last build you had posted and that is working with out an issue.  Let me know if you need me to do any further testing for this new build****

Hello!  First off I really enjoy this program.  I've been using it for quite a while and never had any issues at all until I just tried to upgrade today.  I uninstalled an older version from like March of this year.  Installed this current one you just posted today.  But I am getting an odd error whenever I try to play anything. 

Your computer does not have sufficient audio capabilities to use Dopamine.
This issue can occur if you have a N version of Windows. The N versions of Windows include the same functionality as other versions of Windows except for media-related technologies (Example: Windows Media Player and Windows Media Foundation are not preinstalled on N versions). Windows Media Foundation is required to use Dopamine.
If you are using a N version of Windows, please install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows to fix this issue.

Now I have never seen this error before until today.  I have Windows 10 Pro build 1607.  I have been playing .mp3 and .flac audio files with no issues at all.  I can play them in other programs just not Dopamine any longer.   I really don't want to install this media feature pack as I worry it could mess up something else.  Please note I did go back and install an earlier build and that is now giving me a SQL error.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jiovani said:

***EDIT***  -- I just went back to your last build you had posted and that is working with out an issue.  Let me know if you need me to do any further testing for this new build****

Hello!  First off I really enjoy this program.  I've been using it for quite a while and never had any issues at all until I just tried to upgrade today.  I uninstalled an older version from like March of this year.  Installed this current one you just posted today.  But I am getting an odd error whenever I try to play anything. 

Now I have never seen this error before until today.  I have Windows 10 Pro build 1607.  I have been playing .mp3 and .flac audio files with no issues at all.  I can play them in other programs just not Dopamine any longer.   I really don't want to install this media feature pack as I worry it could mess up something else.  Please note I did go back and install an earlier build and that is now giving me a SQL error.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Could you send me the log file? I added a check at startup, for people which have a N version of Windows. Because I get a lot of people complaining that Dopamine doesn't play their files, and put a lot of time figuring out their version of Windows, to then find out it is a N edition. However, it seems my attempt at detecting that throws false positives.

Crazy feature idea of the day ...

Spinning CDart :rofl:

CDart covers from fanart.tv. I've seen this in one of the skins in Kodi, and it's a lot smoother than the gif below.

Anyways ... just thinking outside of the case.

output_Z4GLrZ.gif

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jasondefaoite said:

CDart covers from fanart.tv. I've seen this in one of the skins in Kodi, and it's a lot smoother than the gif below.

output_Z4GLrZ.gif

O_O Spinning....oh my...

16 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

output_Z4GLrZ.gif

That sure is fancy! :) I don't know what I'll do with the info yet, but I might try it out.

In other news: I added lyrics source information to the lyrics screen (tonight's build will have it). Left shows online lyrics, right shows embedded lyrics.

lyrics source.png

• Like 4