Dopamine

dakn    24

For a little while now I've been having problems opening Dopamine, with the process just hanging and/or just a black screen. It had made me stop using it cos I couldn't figure out why, but I have just discovered it is because it's conflicting with MSI Afterburner. Once I close that Dopamine opens.

Has something changed that might have caused this? I was running the latest Release build.

+Raphaël G.    2,434
35 minutes ago, dakn said:

For a little while now I've been having problems opening Dopamine, with the process just hanging and/or just a black screen. It had made me stop using it cos I couldn't figure out why, but I have just discovered it is because it's conflicting with MSI Afterburner. Once I close that Dopamine opens.

Has something changed that might have caused this? I was running the latest Release build.

Hi. Sad to hear that another application caused Dopamine to misbehave. It wasn't my doing though. A bit of searching on the web shows that this is not an isolated case. Other WPF applications also fail to work because of MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner. I have no idea what these tools are for though (overclocking?). It seems it's those developers that would need to whitelist Dopamine or something at least.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77292/crashes-on-windows-10-creators-update-caused-by-riva-tuner

dakn    24

Thanks for the reply mate. It's not a big deal now I know what's causing it. The only reason I thought to check Afterburner was because I had the same issue when trying to use Handbrake (encoding software) and found the solution online.

I'll have to see if there is a beta version that might fix it !

Cheers.