Dopamine

16 hours ago, ThisIsStockerHD said:

Is there any chance this could be made to work on Mac/Linux? Perhaps using Mono or something like that?

Use this on my Windows PC and would love to have it on my Mac too.

could always run it in wine; it's rather stable now a days :)

34 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

could always run it in wine; it's rather stable now a days :)

.NET might give some issues. I failed to get 1 of my applications to work in Wine because of a .NET issue. I didn't spend too much time troubleshooting though.

• 2 weeks later...

Smart playlists finally work! It's about damn time, as I really really didn't enjoy adding that feature :) (it took about a month to add...) This picture illustrates the file format that it generates and the icons which differentiate static and smart playlists.

Screenshot from 2018-10-08 22-55-08.png

Hey everyone!

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 2 has just been released! This is the change log:

– [Added] Added folder view
– [Added] Added smart playlists
– [Added] Added support for the AIFF format
– [Added] It is now possible to sort songs by album, even when no album is selected.
– [Added] The search field can now be activated by pressing CTRL+F
– [Added] Added Japanese language
– [Changed] Removed the “Frequent” page. It’s usefulness was limited.
– [Changed] Temporarily removed the “Theme” selector. Until a next preview, only the dark theme will be available.
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Simplified) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Traditional) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Hungarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Italian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Ukrainian translation
– [Fixed] Fixed an issue where a same Artist, but with different casing, was shown as multiple artists. The same issue was fixed for Genres.
– [Fixed] Fixed a crash caused by the spectrum analyzer

Download here

Hey there, great Player.

Just a quick note, Preview 1 as well as preview 2 may have a memory leak.

Trying to import a 20.000 songs collection from an HDD overloads the memory. Seen some 12GB in my task manager by dopamine and force closed it.

Other than that, is my app of choice for music

Not sure if this is a bug or an intentional behavior change.

In Artists view, select artist with multiple albums. All albums from that artist show correctly. However, clicking an album here doesn't appear to filter the songs list to the right.

11 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

Not sure if this is a bug or an intentional behavior change.

In Artists view, select artist with multiple albums. All albums from that artist show correctly. However, clicking an album here doesn't appear to filter the songs list to the right.

this is no longer working for me either...  I would think this is  a bug. :( Going to roll back to preview 1 until this gets fixed which won't be long I'm sure :)

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Ravensky said:

this is no longer working for me either...  I would think this is  a bug. :( Going to roll back to preview 1 until this gets fixed which won't be long I'm sure :)

Raphael is this something that will be fixed soon?

11 hours ago, Ravensky said:

Raphael is this something that will be fixed soon?

I wasn't aware of that issue. I'll have a look today and will let you know what can be done.

Edit: I found the issue. What a silly mistake :) I'll release a preview 3 tonight.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, idominikos said:

Hey there, great Player.

Just a quick note, Preview 1 as well as preview 2 may have a memory leak.

Trying to import a 20.000 songs collection from an HDD overloads the memory. Seen some 12GB in my task manager by dopamine and force closed it.

Other than that, is my app of choice for music

That's troublesome. Does this happen consistently?

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 3  has just been released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Fixed] Fixed Tracks list not updating when selecting an album, after an artist or genre is selected.
– [Fixed] Tracks ordered incorrectly when selecting “By album”

Download here

On 10/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, Raphaël G. said:

That's troublesome. Does this happen consistently?

Yes, tried that with preview 1 and end up with that problem and when I tried with preview 2 same thing happened. I don't load Dopamine preview cause it resumes loading those songs and eventually the same memory-thing happens.

Whatever more info you might need just tell me!

Annotation 2018-10-30 215543.jpg

Edited by idominikos
added screenshot (same is happening with preview 3)

I recently did some folder renaming in my music collection, the result was invalid entries in my playlists (which was expected) and in dopamine's library (unexpected).  I thought I had it set up to find new songs on boot, but I'm manually doing that now (going to "add music" and hitting "refresh now").

Annotation.thumb.png.4984f8ff9859c613685f8b033c11b4a4.png

So after manually updating the library the song can be added back into the playlist, but the invalid entries in the playlist cannot be removed using dopamine...which is new to this preview i think.  I think the library not updating issue was in preview 2.

A fresh profile didn't help.

Also this:

Annotation2.thumb.png.34b333f8e28c0f7d0e5f361b0f782c1f.png

...I didn't even know this menu existed until I found this visual bug.

8 hours ago, Ned said:

I recently did some folder renaming in my music collection, the result was invalid entries in my playlists (which was expected) and in dopamine's library (unexpected).  I thought I had it set up to find new songs on boot, but I'm manually doing that now (going to add songs and hitting refresh).

Annotation.thumb.png.4984f8ff9859c613685f8b033c11b4a4.png

So after manually updating the library the song can be added back into the playlist, but the invalid entries cannot be removed using dopamine...which is new to this preview i think.  I think the library not updating was in preview 2.  I'm going to try a fresh profile...

Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it for the next preview. The issue was logged here: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/896

9 hours ago, idominikos said:

Yes, tried that with preview 1 and end up with that problem and when I tried with preview 2 same thing happened. I don't load Dopamine preview cause it resumes loading those songs and eventually the same memory-thing happens.

Annotation 2018-10-30 215543.jpg

That's weird. Does the memory thing happen while the collection is indexing?

Could you send me your log file? It's in folder %appdata%\dopamine

Using Preview 3 but I noticed the following earlier.

Artists with The in the name:

Artist list is split into 3 sections. A->Tha, Then T with all the 'The ... something' artists ... then Thi -> Z.
I prefer the sorting of old, where 'The' is essentially removed in the list, so The Stone Roses are sorted under S for example. Is this a bug or an intended behaviour change? Any ways to switch back if this is intended?

In Artists view .. Select Artist, Albums show for that artist, but under the Album name is shows Unknown Artist. I assume this is something to do with Artist/Album Artist? If the Artist field is populated and the Album Artist is blank, could we show the Artist field instead of Unknown?

Cheers!

The memory she uses is pretty good for me.  It starts with 80-90mb and scrolls up to 170mb. Maybe more sometimes.  Quite often it crashes and forced to stop by task maneger. Here is an example.

After looking into it, that setting seems to only check whether folders specifically added to the collection settings are still there, but it doesn't check subfolders under those folders...which doesn't make sense.  [edit: actually it's only when I rename a folder]

Any updates on this? :

On 10/30/2018 at 3:48 PM, idominikos said:

I guess removing or renaming the dopamine.db file will stop the indexing, since it removes the folders from the collection settings.

21 hours ago, kukata said:

The memory she uses is pretty good for me. It starts with 80-90mb and scrolls up to 170mb. Maybe more sometimes. Quite often it crashes and forced to stop by task maneger. Here is an example.

P. S. I have wrongly expressed myself.

The memory it uses is too much. It starts with 80-90mb and scrolls up to 170mb. Maybe more sometimes.  In same conditions Groove (for example) uses at maximum 70MB. Quite often it crashes and forced to stop by task manager. Here is an example.

Edited by kukata

3 hours ago, kukata said:

P. S. I have wrongly expressed myself.

The memory it uses is too much. It starts with 80-90mb and scrolls up to 170mb. Maybe more sometimes.  In same conditions Groove (for example) uses at maximum 70MB. Quite often it crashes and forced to stop by task manager. Here is an example.

if I remember previous discussions correctly that memory use is partially false because it's actually .net reserving extra memory; not that the memory is being actively used.

but Raphael should be able to confirm if that is still the case or not :)

Seems like I'm the only one not liking the Artist sort on Dopamine 2 at all.

Downgraded back to 1.5.14

Edited by jasondefaoite

21 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

Seems like I'm the only one not liking the Artist sort on Dopamine 2 at all.

Downgraded back to 1.5.14

You may have actually found a bug with how that list is being displayed, it looks like it's intended for those artists to appear higher in the list than they are.  For example, "The Chainsmokers" is labled C on the list... under T.  So there is two C's on the list.

Okay, I also want to point out that you can reproduce the playlist bug that I'm seeing by removing and adding songs to a playlist (.M3U).  It's loosing track of the playlist order and doesn't remove the correct song after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delayed answer. I've lost track of this post. Notifications seemed to be disabled, so I didn't get any notification when something new was posted. That has now been fixed.

@jasondefaoite The artist sorting is not supposed to behave like that. This is a bug. It should work like in the 1.5.x releases. I've created this issue on my GitHub and will fix that for preview 5: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/907

@kukata and @Brandon H While .NET indeed reserves more memory than is actually used by the application, there was a very nasty memory leak in the version 2.0 releases (it might have been in 1.5 also, but I'm not sure). This leak only happens while playing with the window minimized. It doesn't happen when the window is visible. The leak is fixed in Preview 4.

@Ned I'm going to put your reports together in a issue on Github after this post. This will require some more investigation.

Last but not least! -> Dopamine 2.0 Preview 4 has just been released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Hungarian translation
– [Fixed] Fixed unresponsive UI when rating songs
– [Fixed] Fixed a nasty memory leak which occurs when the player is minimized
– [Fixed] Fixed Last.fm scrobbling not working anymore since Preview 2
– [Fixed] Fixed “Unknown artists” and “Unknown genres” categories remain visible even when empty
– [Fixed] Fixed a crash which occurs when trying to enable the system notification on Windows 10 N

As usual, download here