Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

Here's an option...

B-3SG1uVEAAL1JC.jpg

Seriously though, it's good for once to see justice win over money; clearly, Sauber reneged on a deal they had in place with Van der Garde in favour of another pay driver (probably Nasr; he was signed after Ericsson and his Banco do Brasil sponsorship is reportedly bringing in a lot of money for Sauber).

Sorry... this lost me at Ricciardo P1 :p

Given they basically changed colour of the car, I suspect your right on that one :p

That sucks for Manor, I really wanted to see them this weekend :(

• Like 1

All drama aside the first two sessions of the season have been run. McLaren fans: Start praying.

post-1302-0-58165700-1426233167.png

post-1302-0-94042100-1426233170.png

Australian GP: Daniel Ricciardo already onto second F1 engine

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo is already onto the second of his four Renault engines for the 2015 Formula 1 season after a problem in Australian Grand Prix practice.

AUTOSPORT understands that the V6 that failed in Ricciardo's car in Melbourne on Friday cannot be repaired for re-use.

The number of engines a driver can use before receiving a penalty has been reduced from five to four this season.

"We had some issues this morning so just didn't get enough time to get everything sorted for P2," Ricciardo explained.

"Instead of rushing it, it was a case of fix it properly and get back out there tomorrow.

"It's pretty complex, with the ICE [internal combustion engine], but there's some stuff going on there which we need to fix for tomorrow."

Ricciardo said the loss of Friday running was frustrating but not a large setback.

"The whole week has been a bit of a tease, we've talked about racing a lot but haven't done much of it and today was my chance to do a few more laps," he said.

"I'm more and more anxious to drive. I've got ants in my pants so it's just a bit more frustrating.

"It helps having two cars on track rather than one but we will pick ourselves up and do what we can.

"It's a small setback but I think we can still get our stuff together tomorrow morning in free practice three."

Red Bull was only 10th and 11th in first practice with Ricciardo and team-mate Daniil Kvyat, with the Russian then taking sixth in practice two.

Source: Autosport

This Sauber stuff is getting exciting! Also the new graphics for this season are gorgeous.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

This Sauber stuff is getting exciting! Also the new graphics for this season are gorgeous.

Any pics of the graphics? I don't have Sky so I won't be seeing much of them :p

i see two interesting main battles for this season.. hamilton vs rosberg and ferrari vs williams.

lets see what the race brings tomorrow.

-andy-

:s

The translation isn't entirely correct.

The servers were sold in order to gather money to the "bankruptcy estate" (?).

Ferrari are unwilling to give the software away, unless the old bills are paid first. They DO have the software, of course.

The Sauber situation was an absolute farce, Kaltenbourn (SP?) handled that situation poorly. I get the rather distinct feeling that paying VDG off is going to end up dealing the team it's death blow as that's the inevitable end result of this whole scenario. Offering contracts to 3 drivers was a rookie mistake for a team principal to make. The McLaren situation is equally farcical, it's seriously silly that their engine wasn't ready by now. Honda have been developing it for... about 3 years now? and it should have been more ready than it is. I'm sure the points will eventually start coming but McLaren seem to just keep going backwards at the moment.

The engine situation is also silly. I'm pretty sure Renault will soon lose RBR's business unless they get their act together really soon, though I also believe the FIA should have given them another year before reducing the engine allowance from 5 to 4.

Loved Hamilton's form though, if he carries on qualifying like that the title race will be over early this year.

I think Honda has been developing for 1.5 or so years, so it hasn't been that many.

Still, they've been working on this season longer than all the other teams, so it's shocking that they're right at the back of the grid (until Manor make it on, if they're able to).

I think Honda has been developing for 1.5 or so years, so it hasn't been that many.

Ah my bad I thought it had been announced in 2012. That said though McLaren should have stayed with Mercedes for another year until the engine was mature enough to be used IMO.

Well, that's one McLaren out before the race even started. Plus Kvyat out and Bottas unable to drive because of a back problem. 

I don't recall a race with only 15 starters... anyway, let's hope it's still going to be a good one. 1 minute to go!