Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

Is it just me or the word "driveability" has been used way too often so far this season? It seems to feature in just about every other sentence  :angry:

Ah its just this years catch phrase, a year or two ago it was degradation :p

oooh, shots fired!

Renault managing director Cyril Abiteboul has responded angrily to Adrian Newey's suggestion that the engine is the only thing holding Red Bull back in 2015.

Red Bull endured a difficult start to the season and after the Australian Grand Prix it was revealed Renault had a 100bhp deficit to Mercedes. Technical guru Newey said during the weekend there was no light at the end of the tunnel with Red Bull's engine supplier, suggesting the power unit had "all sorts of failings".

But Renault's Abiteboul has hit back at this remark, stating Red Bull deserves as much of the blame as Renault.

"Yes, it's difficult to have a partner who lies," Abiteboul told Auto Hebdo when asked if Newey's comments were hard to hear. "Adrian is a charming man and an engineer without parallel, but he's spent his life criticising engine partners. He's too old to change his ways."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/195405.html#k1mOjOBatKQ0cQIF.99

Anyone have any thoughts on Alonso's claims in the press conference about his steering locking during testing?

Even though he's my favorite driver, I think he's lying. Now I have 2 theories...

1. He is trolling the press for some bizarre reason.

2. He unwilling to admit it was driver error.

I'm leaning towards the first. What a strange thing to do if my hunch is correct.

And I just watched The Notebook and McL have told the press not to ask about it anymore. Ron Dennis told Ted that he was being naughty by asking about it and that both stories were true. I hope the press does it's job and stops playing nice for the good or whomever. Get to the bottom of this bizarre situation!

That was an unexpected result. We may just have a real fight for the title at our hands, not just Mercedes dominating the field.

• Like 1

I'll bet Seb want's to go out and get ######! Shame he can get away with that on Live TV and we can't  :rofl:

Glad to see there's competition at the top now - here's hoping it wasn't just a track that suits the Ferrari and that it'll be like this in future! It's definitely been a while since last hearing that pair of anthems!

• Like 1

Mercedes messed this one up.

Decision to use extra sets of softs on both cars in Q1: Mistake

Decision to send Lewis out on Hards for his last stint: Mistake

Simply assuming that they would be fast enough to catch and pass: Mistake.

Hubris cost Mercedes here, they simply assumed they could waste their tyres and still win, this result keeps them grounded. I think the calls that Ferrari are all of a sudden back in the championship and are going to sweep everything up like the Schumi days are very premature... if anything I agree with the pundits that the low tyre wear doesn't bode well for races that are generally cooler. But it's nice to see Ferrari keep Mercedes grounded and remind them that they don't win just by turning up (though I'd rather see literally anyone other than Vettel taking that challenge to them). I still expect Merc to take both titles but they need to keep their eyes on the ball. That said, Lewis still gained ground over Nico so I don't think he will sleep that badly this evening.

Credit to Ferrari though: They showed Christian "Sour Grapes" Horner how a real racing team works... They up their game rather than whining that the opposition are doing better and have to be slowed down. Good on them.

So boring, predictable, and unfair this F1, eh?

Good stuff from Ferrari in both races so far. Do they have a championship winning car? I don't think so, but they are starting off better than years past and they will be right there to pounce on any mistake AMG make. Williams did quite well as did Toro Rosso. Should make for a great season of racing.

Well that was nostalgic hearing the German and Italian national anthems, not heard that in a long time.

Glad we might well have a fight on our hands, lets see what happens next time out, should give us a better idea.

Also nice to see McLaren making the performance gains they said they'd have, shame about the retirements though, would have been good to get them to then end.

philcruicks, on 29 Mar 2015 - 18:39, said: Also nice to see McLaren making the performance gains they said they'd have, shame about the retirements though, would have been good to get them to then end.

I had hoped for a stronger return of Honda power, but as long as McLaren and Honda (and the drivers) are in it for the long run, they'll be a powerhouse in a few years. Just gotta gather more data and apply it correctly. Every team has had a slump/dominate spree. It seems Ferrari is rising from the ashes and McLaren will too, it's just a few years away.

Anyone have any thoughts on Alonso's claims in the press conference about his steering locking during testing?

If my car was that bad of a joke, I would probably drive it into a wall so I could get out of the race early and have lunch.

As much as it pains me to not see Hamilton on that top step, I'm happy Vettel got that win, It was well deserved and Ferrari handled that brilliantly.

As mentioned earlier, I can't help but think if they hadn't used that set of options in Q1 and maybe if they hadn't pitted so early it might have been a little closer but I still think Vettel had the measure of both Mercs.

I was a little disappointing to see how race rusty Rosberg can be at times, he struggled far more than Hamilton  (yes I know I'm a fanboy :p) to get past some of that traffic and seemed really hesitant to make any real moves. Unfortunately if he can only hope to win by driving from the front he is gonna have an even harder time of it this year, I know its early but to be behind Vettel at this early stage is very telling.

China should be good, I think the top 3 have all had good drives in China and with that big long straight, Ferrari are going to be pretty dangerous to Merc.