Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

As much as it pains me to not see Hamilton on that top step, I'm happy Vettel got that win, It was well deserved and Ferrari handled that brilliantly.

As mentioned earlier, I can't help but think if they hadn't used that set of options in Q1 and maybe if they hadn't pitted so early it might have been a little closer but I still think Vettel had the measure of both Mercs.

I was a little disappointing to see how race rusty Rosberg can be at times, he struggled far more than Hamilton  (yes I know I'm a fanboy :p) to get past some of that traffic and seemed really hesitant to make any real moves. Unfortunately if he can only hope to win by driving from the front he is gonna have an even harder time of it this year, I know its early but to be behind Vettel at this early stage is very telling.

China should be good, I think the top 3 have all had good drives in China and with that big long straight, Ferrari are going to be pretty dangerous to Merc.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. His racecraft still is nowhere as good as Hamilton's, and this year's title campaign could be a short one for him if he doesn't find a way to beat Lewis soon.

I hope they're right, F1 is much better to watch when McLaren and Ferrari are both strong.

You know what hasn't been mentioned yet and I think should be, how good of a race Kimi had. Qualified 11th, puncture on the pit straight at the beginning of the race (I think 2nd maybe 3rd lap) and still managed to finish 4th. 

I know its been said that Ferrari might not do so well with cooler track conditions but it does show they have a very very quick car under them, much quicker than some may have predicted.

Good to see Mercs getting a run for their money. After the big yawn that was Australian GP it is good to see Vettel in fine fettle, giving a none-too-happy Hamilton a much needed wake-up call.

Man of the race was definitely Kimi.

post-1302-0-00300900-1428825732.png

Man of the race: Max Verstappen. A great drive until his retirement.

Reject of the race: Jenson Button for bumping into Pastor Maldonado. Unnecessary.

Hamilton is clearly getting under Rosberg's skin, it's funny watching him get some payback after trying to do it to Lewis last year. This was another win made to look stupidly easy, and the better sign for lewis was that Merc managed it's tyres just as well as Ferrari this time out. Will be interesting to see if Rosberg can fight back.

F1 Chinese GP: Jenson Button penalised for Pastor Maldonado clash

McLaren's Jenson Button has been given a Formula 1 licence points penalty and demoted to 14th place in the Chinese Grand Prix for his collision with Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado.

A five-second penalty dropped Button - who called the incident a "misjudgement" - from 13th to 14th behind Carlos Sainz Jr in the race results.

Button and Maldonado were involved in the biggest scrap of the race, exchanging 13th place over the course of several fraught laps.

It came to a head on lap 48, when Button made contact with the rear of the Lotus entering Turn 1, spinning Maldonado while the McLaren also ran wide.

Having finished the race with a damaged front wing, Button was tight-lipped before reviewing video footage and visiting the stewards' office.

"I thought there was room on the inside and, yeah, I can't really say anything else," he said.

"An incident you never want to happen, but just a misjudgement I guess."

Maldonado said he was taken by surprise when Button hit him.

"We were having a good fight, but then I think he completely lost his braking point," said the Venezuelan.

"We were completely off-line and he had the DRS open so I think he made a mistake."

Maldonado's eventful afternoon

Rear-end damage from the clash - which was his third incident of the race - ended Maldonado's afternoon

The Venezuelan had been in points contention, running seventh before overshooting the pitlane entry for his second stop, and his comeback was delayed further by another spin.

"It started to go wrong in the pit entry. I completely lost my race there," he admitted.

"I had a big lock-up, especially on the inside wheel, in the entry.

"We need to see what happened, it was very easy to lock. I was not expecting to have this."

Romain Grosjean scored Lotus's first points of the campaign, finishing seventh.

Source: Autosport

Justified IMO. It was actually very unlike Jenson to make an error like that.

Looks like Hamilton is the latest target for feminist outrage over nothing (Link)

Seriously, just don't volunteer to stand on the sodding podium if you don't want to get soaked in champagne.

Looks like Hamilton is the latest target for feminist outrage over nothing (Link)

Seriously, just don't volunteer to stand on the sodding podium if you don't want to get soaked in champagne.

while lewis might be a good driver, do we really need f1 to turn into a puff daddy contest with drivers draped in gold.?

while lewis might be a good driver, do we really need f1 to turn into a puff daddy contest with drivers draped in gold.?

No we don't!He's the biggest chav on the planet with his earrings,chains,tattoos & weird beards.Just like a 5 year old trying to live up to his black half.He might grow up in 60 years.