Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Driver's Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Will Stevens
    • Roberto Merhi
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Felipe Nasr
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015 Constructor's Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • McLaren Honda
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team

at least, mclarens strategy for todays race is the easiest. take the soft tire, race it till the end and hope for a safetycar in the last laps.

The day can't come soon enough when Monaco gets dropped from the race calendar; it always has been and always will be an awful circuit.

• Like 2

The day can't come soon enough when Monaco gets dropped from the race calendar; it always has been and always will be an awful circuit.

Wrongy McWrong from Wrong Town on national let's not be right day!

I'd hate to be on the receiving end of Lewis's anger come the de-brief.

On the plus side Fezza came second - nice one Seb. Laughed when you said you were happy to Brundle

What a ###### up! Good news for Nico!

Man of the race.... Kimi; those radio calls were brilliant "that's not very nice" hahahaha

Wait, what happened to Hamilton? I stopped watching after Alonso's car broke.

Safety car came out, they pitted Lewis stupidly, he lost his lead, no one else pitted, safety car went in, Ros, Vet, Ham finish lololololol

You also missed the spectacular crash that caused the SC.... Verstappen punted it hard into the wall.... BIG hit!

Bernie will probably have this taken down soon, but this one has all the different camera angles in it.
Very nasty, glad he's OK, and WFT were Mercedes playing at with that pit stop...seems like big teams have been making a lot of odd and stupid mistakes this weekend, Riccardo's engine map in Q3 was wrong else he might have got 3rd. Simple things that these teams shouldn't be doing wrong.

That was an utterly absurd call. I don't know what else to say. I got that doesn't end up being what decides this year's title

Monaco really needs to be dropped from the calendar. It's a procession where the outcome of races is determined by qualifying and accidents during the race. The first two-thirds of the race was beyond dull, while the last part was only interesting because of the crash and a mistake at Mercedes. That isn't motor racing - it's a parade. They might as well stick Mickey Mouse heads on the drivers and have the drivers handing out sweets to children as they drive by.

• Like 1

Monaco really needs to be dropped from the calendar. It's a procession where the outcome of races is determined by qualifying and accidents during the race. The first two-thirds of the race was beyond dull, while the last part was only interesting because of the crash and a mistake at Mercedes. That isn't motor racing - it's a parade. They might as well stick Mickey Mouse heads on the drivers and have the drivers handing out sweets to children as they drive by.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think it will ever happen, Monaco is a prestige event that makes a hell of a lot of money for F1 so it will probably stay but I do agree that it tends to lend to poor quality racing. Though I can't really say I'm a fan of street circuits in general, Singapore is about the only one it's possible to pass on and even there you need quite a big advantage to do it.

• Like 2

Neowin's swear filter will not allow me to describe my feelings after Sundays race.

That bitter, eh?

Bernie will probably have this taken down soon, but this one has all the different camera angles in it.
Very nasty, glad he's OK, and WFT were Mercedes playing at with that pit stop...seems like big teams have been making a lot of odd and stupid mistakes this weekend, Riccardo's engine map in Q3 was wrong else he might have got 3rd. Simple things that these teams shouldn't be doing wrong.

Good job the wheels are tethered on these days. Verstappens front left could easily have launched into his head.

Good job the wheels are tethered on these days. Verstappens front left could easily have launched into his head.

Yeh, I even thought at the time the wheel tethers have got a lot better in recent years, I remember when they there 1st introduced they didn't seem to do a thing. Wheels still flew off all over the place. Nice to see thats been sorted now.

I'm a big Hamilton fan :(

Yeh, it was just such a stupid mistake by the team, but last year Lewis was 4 points behind Nico at this point and still won the championship (and with a good few more pieces of bad luck along the way IIRC) so I think he'll still be OK and he'll still go on to win it again.

<snip>

Yeh, it was just such a stupid mistake by the team, but last year Lewis was 4 points behind Nico at this point and still won the championship (and with a good few more pieces of bad luck along the way IIRC) so I think he'll still be OK and he'll still go on to win it again.

Oh yeah I know, Its a hell of a long way left to start thinking about that. For all we know right now, Vettel could be on his way to his 5th.

The BBC did an interview with him and he said at this stage he isn't thinking about points, he isn't thinking about the championship - for him he was more interested in winning Monaco then anything else. He's only done it once before and he's wanted to repeat the likes of Senna's achievements at this track in particular since he started racing. I just felt really bad for the guy because other than that team decision - which he admits he went with so he is just as much to blame in one sense, he had a near perfect weekend. Rosberg said it himself, Hamilton deserved that win, he did everything correct and he was the better driver on the day.

• Like 1

FIA launches selection process to find new Formula 1 team for 2016

The FIA has launched a new selection process that could bring a new Formula 1 team onto the grid as early as 2016.

Candidates must approach the FIA by June 30, after which they will be sent more detailed selection criteria, with full applications due by September 1 ahead of a final decision on September 30.

A statement from the FIA said a decision would be made based on "the overall long-term interests of the championship", and it will not select an additional team if there is no viable candidate.

The FIA said it would assess:

• The technical ability and resources of the team
  • The ability of the team to raise and maintain sufficient funding to allow participation in the championship at a competitive level
  • The team's experience and human resources
  • The value the candidate may bring to the championship as a whole

American outfit Haas F1 will become the 11th team when it joins next year, while an additional entrant would return the grid to 12 squads for the first time since the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Before NASCAR team boss Gene Haas' entry was confirmed last year, F1 tsar Bernie Ecclestone had suggested two new teams could join the grid.

Since Sochi last year the largest grid has been 20 cars, as the Caterham team folded over the winter while Marussia has undergone a phoenix-like revival as the Manor team.

Source: Autosport

Is FIA trying to pre-empt some teams dropping out (Red Bull, Manor again, maybe even Force India or Torro Rosso) or are they actually trying to add quality? Here is a plot twist: whoever is the newcomer, they will use Audi's engines and be a real competitor. Wishful thinking, but I might as well...