The US and the 9 harbingers(judgements) end of the US?

scientific theory - a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scientific+theory

Try again.  

Anyway, Archaea's age are hardly a "unproven belief".  

The oldest evidence for life may be 3.5-billion-year-old sedimentary structures from Australia that resemble stromatolitesStromatolites are created today by living mats of microorganisms (mostly cyanobacteria, or blue-green algae). These primitive organisms trap thin layers of sediment with their sticky filaments and grow upward to get light for photosynthesis. Modern-day examples of stromatolites can be found in waters off Australia, the Bahamas, and Belize.

In the Archean structures, layers similar to those seen in living stromatolites are evident, and secondary structures interpreted as simple filamentous microfossils have been recovered from the layers. The biotic origin of the structures has, however, been questioned. Both the supposed Archean stromatolites and the microfossils may have been produced by inorganic processes. Regardless, uncontested microfossils and chemical traces of life were present at least by 2.7 billion years ago. Stromatolites that were produced by microorganisms are abundant later in the Archean and throughout the Proterozoic. These sedimentary structures, formed by organic processes, provide important evidence of early life. At present, we can say with certainty that life had evolved by 2.7 billion years ago, and possibly as early as 3.5 billion years ago.

http://paleobiology.si.edu/geotime/main/htmlversion/archean3.html

It certainly isn't some dude with a missing rib and a chick. 

Whether I'm right or wrong is irrelevant except in that you will just add that to whatever bad comments you have thus far, GOD is not wrong.

It is not irrelevant. If you are wrong about your prediction(s)—which you were—what incentive is there for others to believe what you say when it comes to your religious convictions?

• Like 2

Here's a novel idea for everyone going back and forth with this guy in this thread... quit responding.

A - what do you stand to gain from arguing with him.
B - He's going to respond to whatever you guys retort back with with your scientific reasoning.

It's a forum, you know, a type of medium designed for this thing called discussion.

• Like 3

"If there are no transitional forms found in the fossil record then my theory is false” – Charles Darwin

When thus reflecting I feel compelled to look to a First Cause having an intelligent mind in some degree analogous to that of man; and I deserve to be called a Theist” – Charles Darwin Autobiography

Charles Darwin Admits to Being A Liar
"I may here also confess that as a little boy I was much given to inventing deliberate falsehoods, and this was always done for the sake of causing excitement" - Letters of Charles Darwin

There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher mammals in their mental faculties” - Charles Darwin Descent of Man

Then he goes on to state the following:

"There can be no doubt that the difference between the mind of the lowest man and that of the highest animal is immense”- Charles Darwin Descent of Man

Here are just a few quotes from Darwin himself. The Darwin sycophants will never accept that Darwin was a fraud, who sought not to be truthful, but to undermine the truth of God's word rooted in the axiom that God spoke and in six days created the heavens and the earth.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091127155529AAd5VAr 7th answer down.

Proverbs 29:23 One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091127155529AAd5VAr 7th answer down.

Proverbs 29:23 One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

Wow, so you are taking "Yahoo Answers" over a wealth of scientific data to debunk evolution?  Darwin was one of the first (if not the first) to look at evolution so therein lies the problem with some of his work but not his theory overall.  He laid the foundation and opened the eyes for people to start making connections and to create/extend branches off of the evolution tree.  Darwin didn't understand anything about genetics so he observed the pattern of evolution but didn't understand the mechanism (which is why he had to make assumptions/guesses which were later found incorrect or missing "links").  This incorporation of genetics and Darwin's theory is used today and known as the modern evolutionary synthesis.  There is a wealth of undeniable evidence for evolution...much more so than creationism.  Creationism is nothing more than a creation by people believing in fairy tales or through the interpretations of narratives in religious texts (written by man).  Over the years, more missing links have been discovered (transitional species) which further support Darwin's theory.

Creationism/Divine Creation … not so much.

What kind of god is it when you need Yahoo answers to prove he exits?

Godgle?  ... or Godhooooo!

Edited by jjkusaf

This sins of the father are not the fault of the son.

Seeing as your god is the all powerful and all knowing, he already knew that Adam would sin and eat of the apple, yet not only did he still punish him knowing full well that when he made him that he was going to do that, but he continues to punish countless generations of Adams descendants, who had nothing to do with Adam's sin. Where's the fairness there, hmm?

Also, as your god is all powerful and all seeing, why is it necessary to bath the world in blood to purify it? Has the dude never heard of water? He invented the stuff, after all... Right?  Blood's not exactly clean, and if you think it is, go get a transfusion from someone with HIV.

Like I said. Your god is a monster. I want nothing to do with such a malignant entity.

Numbers 14:18 The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.'

This means, that the sins committed by the parents will be committed by their children unto the 3rd or 4th generation. In other words: Our children do, say and act according to the parents. the best biblical example is Abraham. Most would say, But Abraham was a patriarch of the Old testament, a holy man. YES!, however, he was yet a sinful man. He tried to pass his wife Sarah off as his sister in fear of Abimelech king of Gerar Genesis 20. and then Isaac sinned in that he allowed favoritism in his family Isaac favored Esau and his wife Rebekah favored Jacob. Then Jacob deceived his father by his mom cooking Isaacs favorite dish and putting sheep skin on Jacob because Jacob had smooth skin while Esau was hairy. and Jacob tricked his father by getting the blessing. then we find that Jacob had 12 sons and they conspired to sell Joseph into slavery and we are now about in the 4th generation as a result.

Here's a novel idea for everyone going back and forth with this guy in this thread... quit responding.

A - what do you stand to gain from arguing with him.
B - He's going to respond to whatever you guys retort back with with your scientific reasoning.

A: Hilarity
B: Well duh, that's the point of a discussion forum

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

You're fighting evidence backed links with Yahoo Answers?! That's it I'm done. I'm out.

What's funny about the quote is that there are a bunch of transitional forms in the fossil record.

Edit: Also, I don't really trust the veracity of quotes supposedly from Charles Darwin unless they can be verified to be from him. Quite a few people who have no idea how science works, think that by discrediting Charles Darwin they would also discredit Biology, and so make fake quotes attributed to him. That's like me saying that if Issac Newton was crazy, then Gravity would no longer exist and we'd fly off into space.

Numbers 14:18 The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.'

This means, that the sins committed by the parents will be committed by their children unto the 3rd or 4th generation. In other words: Our children do, say and act according to the parents. the best biblical example is Abraham. Most would say, But Abraham was a patriarch of the Old testament, a holy man. YES!, however, he was yet a sinful man. He tried to pass his wife Sarah off as his sister in fear of Abimelech king of Gerar Genesis 20. and then Isaac sinned in that he allowed favoritism in his family Isaac favored Esau and his wife Rebekah favored Jacob. Then Jacob deceived his father by his mom cooking Isaacs favorite dish and putting sheep skin on Jacob because Jacob had smooth skin while Esau was hairy. and Jacob tricked his father by getting the blessing. then we find that Jacob had 12 sons and they conspired to sell Joseph into slavery and we are now about in the 4th generation as a result.

A single generation is roughly 30 years. Considerably more than 120 years have passed since the time Adam was supposed to have lived. So, apparently you can't even manage simple multiplication.

because that is How GOD makes us. He made us in his image. with emotions, the ability to think and make choices in our lives. Christians tend, I included, tend to think that what we look like on the outward appearances, shows our righteousness. But the bible tells no one is righteous not one. So When Christ Died for us, I don't need to be perfect because as a person, with sin still a part of my human aspect, I'll never measure up. However, With Jesus, who took my sin, past, present and future on the cross, after I believed he died for me in my place and was resurrected which proves the penalty was paid in full. I will fail. I always fail because no matter how good I try to be on my own, I'll always fall short.

But as for my daughter, My emotions are simply a part of me that, GOD made me. we as people are like him in appearance, emotions and ability to think and choose, a sense of personal awareness that he also has. He created us to be just like him in all ways. It was just when Adam and Eve sinned, we lost that connection and fellowship with GOD because he cannot be in the presence of sin. He has to deal with sin and judge that sin accordingly. but my emotions have nothing to do with going against GOD. He knows what I feel. He came to the Earth as a PERFECT human being, to die on the cross in our place so we wouldn't have to suffer the penalty of our sins if we trust in him.

Emotions is a GOD given trait. We lose a loved one to death or cancer etc... we will grieve, grieving is an emotion and not a sin. Death is a by product of sin. But losing a loved one evokes our most inner most emotions and isn't a sin and GOD will help us through our grieving

I don't know about others, but i don't see your answer in there. Be happy for your misfortunes... its a gift from your god.

A single generation is roughly 30 years. Considerably more than 120 years have passed since the time Adam was supposed to have lived. So, apparently you can't even manage simple multiplication.

But if you need a strong starting point, Abraham is a good example. But it isn't just Abraham that is being used as an example, simple deduction is that people TODAY are no different. Go to a McDonalds or in open society. Look in the news. When you see a kid commit a crime, in a lot of cases, you see a repeat of behavior from the parents. Now don't take that as a blanket statement for all parents. but there are those obvious examples where you think and are reminded of the adage : "like father, like son or like mother, like daughter." that's a strong case in point.

But if you need a strong starting point, Abraham is a good example. But it isn't just Abraham that is being used as an example, simple deduction is that people TODAY are no different. Go to a McDonalds or in open society. Look in the news. When you see a kid commit a crime, in a lot of cases, you see a repeat of behavior from the parents. Now don't take that as a blanket statement for all parents. but there are those obvious examples where you think and are reminded of the adage : "like father, like son or like mother, like daughter." that's a strong case in point.

Still waiting for the proof/images of Noah's Ark.

• Like 1

That's NOT what you said. You claim god holds the children responsible for Adam's sin unto the 3rd or 4th generation. We are WAY past that, so why are we still held responsible for what he supposedly did?

Even so, your god is STILL an ass. My son is not responsible for anything I do, nor am I responsible for what he does.

After predicting for the entire last year that "The Shemitah" on Sunday, September 13, would usher in some cataclysmic event in America — possibly an economic crash, inclement weather, war or terrorist attacks — messianic rabbi Jonathan Cahn appeared on “The 700 Club” today to save face (and sell more books) after September 13 came and went without anything out of the ordinary happening.

When host Pat Robertson asked him if anything noteworthy happened on the 13th, Cahn first tried to avoid the question but eventually told the televangelist that “you can’t put God in a box or He’ll get out of it,” saying that God doesn’t work in exact dates.

Of course, Cahn himself declared that this potential disaster would occur on an “exact date … in accordance with the ancient mystery” of the Shemitah, a day when the land is left fallow and debts are forgiven. “The coming Shemitah will end September 2015. Its final climatic day, Elul 29, the Day of Remission, will fall on Sunday, September 13,” he wrote in “The Harbinger.”

WorldNetDaily repeatedly reported on Cahn’s September 13 prophecy, with messages like “Mark This Date For Potential Disaster,” “Get Ready: Biblical Shemitah’ Begins This Week,” and “Countdown To Disaster.” WND is even making a movie about Cahn’s prophetic message.

Cahn, however, said that the stock market selloff that occurred on August 18 of this year came close enough to the September 13 date to count as a fulfillment of his prophecy. “It started in the summer,” he said. He also pointed to Sunday’s relatively minor earthquake off the Gulf of California, which is actually located in Mexico and doesn’t even touch the U.S. As if Cahn couldn’t get any more vague, he also said that the Shemitah period marked America’s decline from the world’s leading economic power.

Moving the goalposts even further, Cahn went on to claim that his prophecy would be proven correct as long as something bad happens anytime between now and September 2016: “That’s the period.”

So once something, anything, bad happens within the year, Cahn will take credit for predicting it!

The preacher went on to allege that the construction of a new skyscraper at Ground Zero, the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality and the White House’s rainbow light display celebrating LGBT Pride Month are all bringing God’s wrath upon America.

Cahn then presented the most conclusive proof of all: He once spoke to a man who said he had a dream before the 9/11 attacks of an angel telling him that the Twin Towers would collapse, but he didn’t tell anybody, and now this unnamed prophet who failed to warn everyone about 9/11 is having similar dreams of something bad happening in the future!

That article sounds terribly twins-separated-at-birth to what was going in the pre September 13th parts of the thread

Videos in the article http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/jonathan-cahn-blows-september-13-doomsday-prophecy-finds-convenient-explanation

Good quote. I love it. GOD is slow to anger. Gentiles are not under the Mosaic laws. However GOD does demand that peoples and nations still obey his laws. I have a jewish friend and from the jewish perspective, at a minimum, Gentiles, the unsaved ar eunder the Noahic laws. http://www.gotquestions.org/Noahic-covenant.html as far as I understand, they are 7 basic laws for gentiles.

However, from the Christian doctrine, We are not under the law. http://biblehub.com/romans/6-14.htm Paul tells us that, I'll use myself as an example, Since I put my faith in Jesus and his sacrifice, I'm not under the law. however, to allow for the sanctification of our Christian lives

http://www.gotquestions.org/sanctification.html But conversely, Jesus DID say if you love me, keep my commandments which goes in hand with the process of sanctification. Floatingman, you have a soul in you. you are redeemable. Angels, satan and evil demons are not because that are in the presence of GOD (or were in the terms of demons) and have no souls. So the whole concept of Christianity is, is that Satan and Jesus/GOD/Holy Spirit are in a spiritual battle for our souls. You and I were originally meant to be caretakers of the garden of Eden and Satan hated that because he was cast into the second heaven, the part of space beyond where our eyes cannot see. Satan thought in his pride, HE should be in charge or control of the garden. So he hated GOD and man, because we were made in his image. Since he was a fallen angel at this time, he hates you and I. So Satan for about 6,000 years, has set out to destroy GOD's plans. But Jesus still sits back and lets man decide through his/her free will who they want to follow. HELL was never meant originally for man until man sinned and died in his sin.  http://www.gotquestions.org/where-is-hell.html Hell and the lake of fire, two distinct locations are meant for the unbelievers but because of sin, GOD uses it to separate himself from the unbelievers. As I stated earlier, GOD cannot be in the presence of sin.

I would like to state that satan still has access to heaven for a time. He is the accuser of the brethren http://biblehub.com/revelation/12-10.htm . The battle was won By Jesus on the cross according to genesis 3:15 http://biblehub.com/genesis/3-15.htm the first messianic prophecy whereby the LORD is telling Satan that he will be in strife with Satan and his minions in a manner of speaking, the battle for our souls. Which is why Christians are so adamant about people accepting Jesus as their savior and trusting him. There are millions who have died ahead of us unsaved, waiting in hell for the white throne judgement. We Christians go to the mercy seat of Christ, again two distinct thrones of judgement. Christians will gain rewards or lose them according to how they lived and obeyed the LORD.

I pray for you Floatingman, you are a wise man I sense that. I pray not in a condescending manner mind you but out of love and hope that Jesus will touch your life as he touched mine. I pray for you all! :)

Edited by chrisj1968