Paris attacks: More than 120 killed at Bataclan and restaurants

Where's the facepalm icon when you need one..

Muslims have no restrictions in Japan whatsoever.  It's an internet myth and hoax, and you fell for it.... 

1) I can't believe you still don't know what I am saying.

2) I STILL can't believe you still don't know what I am saying.

Just sickening, my thoughts are with Paris

Its sad that this vicious cycle continues. U.S politicians will claim we need to go attack ISIS and thats what they want just more of a reason to attack us or anyone else in the western world. 

1) I can't believe you still don't know what I am saying.

2) I STILL can't believe you still don't know what I am saying.

I'm not the one who fell for an internet hoax.  Nice try at saving face...

I thought the world realized by now that NOT EVERY MUSLIM PERSON IS AN EXTREMIST?

It doesn't matter... Most people just lump "Muslim" and "Arab" into the same general "brown person" category, thus "one bad Muslim makes them all bad." Which is sad, because no one ever does this for other religions. No one in America assumes Westboro Baptist Church is what all Christians are like. Rather, seems the Western mentality is simply to "kill them all." Certainly when things like this happen, I can understand that reaction. If someone I knew was personally killed in these attacks, I'd feel the same way.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter... Most people just lump "Muslim" and "Arab" into the same general "brown person" category, thus "one bad Muslim makes them all bad." Which is sad, because no one ever does this for other religions. No one in America assumes Westboro Baptist Church is what all Christians are like. Rather, seems the Western mentality is simply to "kill them all." Certainly when things like this happen, I can understand that reaction. If someone I knew was personally killed in these attacks, I'd feel the same way.

These kinds of events also serve the purpose to expose those ripe with Islamophobia.....  

The world now needs to realize that "I support you being beheaded, but won't act on it myself" is nonetheless an unacceptable belief. More generally any person who thinks religious law is above national law should be deported.

This is a good point. This is why I unilaterally never believe that religious beliefs should have any legal basis, ever. Whether it's ISIS, Kim Davis or anyone else trying to inject their interpretation of some holy book into public policy, no, it should never be allowed. Unfortunately, this fuels the "war on religion" that motivates terrorists such as those who make up ISIS.

Those two things are on completely different levels. Don't compare Christian fundamentalism with Islamic fundamentalism - it is insane.

Where do you draw the line? It's very true that most Christian fundamentalists are not committing mass terrorist attacks, but they still seem very committed to taking away human rights from those that they simply don't like. And judging by some of the laws that have been passed in the states, it seems they are slowly but surely starting to succeed.

This is why I believe you don't tolerate religious fundamentalism at any level, no matter how minor it may seem. I would argue that Christian fundamentalism and Islamic fundamentalism are the same: they are fundamentalists. They want a world consisting of them and only them. Anyone who doesn't share in their beliefs is not allowed. It's the danger of fundamentalism itself.

I'm not the one who fell for an internet hoax.  Nice try at saving face...

i do not believe anything on the internet with investigation. Seems you believed it more then anyone else since I don't even know what you are talking about.

Exactly. The media dehumanises Muslims, especially those in the Middle East - it makes it easier for governments to justify atrocious actions. Imagine if the situation were reversed and it was Iraq and Afghanistan that were assassinating people in the US and UK, killing innocent civilians to hit their intended targets - people would be outraged and would do whatever they could to stop it, yet in the eyes of Iraq and Afghanistan they'd be terrorists. It's why I find the Israel-Palestine situation so frustrating - Israel is an occupying forces committing war crimes against Palestinians yet many perceive Israel to be the victim. Hamas is no different to the French Resistance during World War II, doing whatever it can to oppose the occupation. Imagine if Germany had won the war, the French Resistance would be depicted as terrorists.

If you want to get a real appreciation of the situation you have to consider it from different perspectives.

Imagine a theater with 10 or 15 citizens with concealed carry permits. We live in an age when evil men have to be killed by good people

— Newt Gingrich 

Doesn't look like morons waited too long. 

• Like 2

Just sickening, my thoughts are with Paris

Its sad that this vicious cycle continues. U.S politicians will claim we need to go attack ISIS and thats what they want just more of a reason to attack us or anyone else in the western world. 

I feel the same way. This is pretty much exactly what ISIS wants: justification to continue their attacks, and every additional bombing and drone strike within the Middle East is justification enough for them. It seems the repeated strategy of "bomb, bomb, and bomb some more" isn't working. Negotiations do not seem to work either. Seems the only solution is to simply no longer interact with the Middle East, and leave their problems to them. But, for better or for worse, there are too many interests in the Middle East (especially oil), for that to ever stop.

• Like 1

i do not believe anything on the internet with investigation. Seems you believed it more then anyone else since I don't even know what you are talking about.

Tell you what, why don't you try and explain exactly what you meant to follow Japans lead when it comes to Muslims?

Exactly. The media dehumanises Muslims, especially those in the Middle East - it makes it easier for governments to justify atrocious actions. Imagine if the situation were reversed and it was Iraq and Afghanistan that were assassinating people in the US and UK, killing innocent civilians to hit their intended targets - people would be outraged and would do whatever they could to stop it, yet in the eyes of Iraq and Afghanistan they'd be terrorists. It's why I find the Israel-Palestine situation so frustrating - Israel is an occupying forces committing war crimes against Palestinians yet many perceive Israel to be the victim. Hamas is no different to the French Resistance during World War II, doing whatever it can to oppose the occupation. Imagine if Germany had won the war, the French Resistance would be depicted as terrorists.

If you want to get a real appreciation of the situation you have to consider it from different perspectives.

I agree. Which is why I've completely stopped watching the news on TV. Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, etc. It's all the same crap with the same spin over and over again. Sure, one might lean right, one might lean left, but it's the same Western-centric bias (which, of course, makes sense given their locations). There is never any fresh perspective.

I really do believe that negotiation and nonviolent solutions can work. As you noted, it worked with the IRA, another situation that was thought hopeless. But with each passing day on this world, it seems harder and harder to believe that. I think I've just come to accept that these kinds of attacks are going to become more and more commonplace as long as the current ways of doing things are in place.

• Like 1

I feel the same way. This is pretty much exactly what ISIS wants: justification to continue their attacks, and every additional bombing and drone strike within the Middle East is justification enough for them. It seems the repeated strategy of "bomb, bomb, and bomb some more" isn't working. Negotiations do not seem to work either. Seems the only solution is to simply no longer interact with the Middle East, and leave their problems to them. But, for better or for worse, there are too many interests in the Middle East (especially oil), for that to ever stop.

Exactly, Its been going on for decades now. We aren't going to wipe out ISIS like we tried in Iraq and Afganistan. If any one puts boots on the ground over there its just going to stir the pot even more

Exactly, Its been going on for decades now. We aren't going to wipe out ISIS like we tried in Iraq and Afganistan. If any one puts boots on the ground over there its just going to stir the pot even more

How could we, anyway? There isn't some official list of ISIS members. It's like trying to rid the world of anyone who likes the color orange... Try as you might, you'll never kill them all. And those that survive will seek revenge.

It's just an endless cycle of violence in the Middle East. Some attack occurs against the West. The West seeks revenge. This justifies more attacks out of the MIddle East for their own revenge. Rinse and repeat. It's humanity that needs to find new approaches to doing things. Religious fundamentalism is a product of how we as a species treat one another.

Honestly, I believe that we've now been engaged in World War 3 for decades now.

• Like 4

Tell you what, why don't you try and explain exactly what you meant to follow Japans lead when it comes to Muslims?

I didn't say just Japans lead. I also included china. China restricts their rights while japan has same result by restricting immigration. The western world needs to seriously consider these same options (one or the other or both) to stop the problems that happen with a large Muslim population.

Possibly some form of extreme containment. Move all the Moslems back into their lands, and if they attempt to cross borders into civilization, they would be met with instant death. The Moslems will eventually kill each other or run out of resources due to their insane spawning rate, at which point the oil will be available for the taking.