Can the politics forum be hidden from guests or even better removed?

hello everyone... I am telling you truth.... I saw many people were talking about politics in Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG on the computer everyday when I visit republic base often.  They were so crazy about this.

10 minutes ago, kalel83 said:

Actually it was wanting a legal fund started to defend whoever assassinated Trump.

Indeed. Comments pertaining to the assassination of Trump. Or more specifically, your support for the act. You made more than one comment.

If you want to make a point, don't dance around. Make it.

The point was made. You complained about a warnings that you deemed to be unfair, but you made no mention of why you received them. Instead, you seemed to pin the blame on the moderator.

Honestly I don't know why I am writing this. The people that turn the forum into a Political nightmare are now here to protect their investment.

I have no investment in the political nightmare. I doubt that @adrynalyne does.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kalel83 said:

The point of this thread is on the community as a whole. This is a forum to share people's opinions, like I did.

Why are you making it about me and trying to distract the topic?

Even if you show I am a joke and a liar it doesn't change the point of this thread or the relevance in regards to it.

You came here to stop the thread. Then were called on it. Now you are attacking the person who called you out.

Don't forget the whole point of the topic. The focus isn't me.

Actually it was wanting a legal fund started to defend whoever assassinated Trump.

But this is a rich comment considering Trump asked for people to assassinate Hillary.

If you want to make a point, don't dance around. Make it.

Honestly I don't know why I am writing this. The people that turn the forum into a Political nightmare are now here to protect their investment.

Starting a legal fund for an assasination is encouraging it. Trump makes stupid comments but he is not posting here so that's not relevant. This is a typical political forum move: justify one side by pointing fingers at the other side. 

I'm not supporting the political forums one bit and would rather see them deleted rather than hidden. I just find it hard to take your support seriously when you have been such a polarizing figure in those forums. 

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Starting a legal fund for an assasination is encouraging it. Trump makes stupid comments but he is not posting here so that's not relevant. 

I'm not supporting the political forums one bit and would rather see them deleted rather than hidden. I just find it hard to take your support seriously when you have been such a polarizing figure in those forums. 

You don't seem to comprehend that people just talking about Trump becoming president and them wanting it, is just as alarming and troubling as someone talking about assassination.

Yet because it is in our news it is somehow some neutral topic? Because it isn't banned on this forum it is not alarming to people? No.

People including myself have gone through things that are illegal according to the Geneva Conventions due to people exactly like Trump. What you saw was a fear based reaction due to over 16 years of suffering.

Sitting on your pedestal and looking down at people is really easy when you don't comprehend the context.

I am sure people laughed at Native Americans as The United States swept across the continent.

Literally no difference, and if you think otherwise you are living a life exempt from the real suffering others have to endue every day.

14 minutes ago, kalel83 said:

he point of this thread is on the community as a whole. This is a forum to share people's opinions, like I did.

Even if you show I am a joke and a liar it doesn't change the point of this thread or the relevance in regards to it.

You came here to stop the thread. Then were called on it. Now you are attacking the person who called you out.

You posted 3 posts that wanted to take up a collection to give to someone to Kill Trump. That being said, you have the nerve to say that RWI should be removed when you yourself are the problem?

10 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'd dig being able to block that political ###### from my forum experience.  If it would require me not logging in at all 99% of the time, so be it.

So you want a filter feature in your profile that would allow you to select which sections you wouldn't want to appear on the Mini Spy or Recent Activity? That actually sounds like a decent idea that would keep everyone happy. 

14 minutes ago, kalel83 said:

he point of this thread is on the community as a whole. This is a forum to share people's opinions, like I did.

You posted 3 posts that wanted to take up a collection to give to someone to Kill Trump. That being said, you have the nerve to say that RWI should be removed when you yourself are the problem?

1 minute ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

You don't seem to comprehend that people just talking about Trump becoming president and them wanting it, is just as alarming and troubling as someone talking about assassination.

Yet because it is in our news it is somehow some neutral topic? Because it isn't banned on this forum it is not alarming to people? No.

People including myself have gone through things that are illegal according to the Geneva Conventions due to people exactly like Trump. What you saw was a fear based reaction due to over 16 years of suffering.

Sitting on your pedestal and looking down at people is really easy when you don't comprehend the context.

I am sure people laughed at Native Americans as The United States swept across the continent.

Literally no difference, and if you think otherwise you are living a life exempt from the real suffering others have to endue every day.

Good job. You took a topic complaining about political forums and made it political. :laugh:

Just now, Gary7 said:

You want to make that post a third time before I respond?

This topic is about how toxic politics are on this forum.

If anything all I have done is give a literal example of it.

2 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

You want to make that post a third time before I respond?

This topic is about how toxic politics are on this forum.

If anything all I have done is give a literal example of it.

There is a problem with posting, it is not my fault. I did NOT quote you.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Good job. You took a topic complaining about political forums and made it political. :laugh:

The fact that I connected dots and gave an example of someone's point of view didn't change anything.

Also way to continue attacking and pave right over comprehension of what someone else is saying.

Trump supporters and lack of empathy/compassion go hand in hand.

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

So you want a filter feature in your profile that would allow you to select which sections you wouldn't want to appear on the Mini Spy or Recent Activity? That actually sounds like a decent idea that would keep everyone happy. 

That feature already exists. Just click the green 'eye' icon under the number of posts for a specific forum, and that will turn red, indicating that the forum you selected (and subforums) will no longer show up in the MiniSpy at the top of the page

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

There is a problem with posting, it is not my fault. I did NOT quote you.

That is the issue with having made an alt account when once temp banned. Sometimes you accidentally log in with it.

3 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

The fact that I connected dots and gave an example of someone's point of view didn't change anything.

Also way to continue attacking and pave right over comprehension of what someone else is saying.

Trump supporters and lack of empathy/compassion go hand in hand.

How political of you. :laugh:

I'm not voting Trump nor Hilary so I have no idea what you are on about. I have zero support for either of them, nor have I shown support for either of them.  I don't discuss politics. 

Just now, Random Cannabanoid said:

That is the issue with having made an account account when once temp banned. Sometimes you accidentally log in with it.

I do not know what you are talking about Dave Legg is a Dev and he is checking into the problem

6 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

That feature already exists. Just click the green 'eye' icon under the number of posts for a specific forum, and that will turn red, indicating that the forum you selected (and subforums) will no longer show up in the MiniSpy at the top of the page

I can't be the only one that didn't even know that was there.

Thanks though.

7 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

That's neat! I never knew that.

Solves one of the problems being discussed in this thread. @Danielx64 will be pleased.

I would definitely recommend that Neowin makes people aware of its existence.

I would like to be able to block what appears on the "community activity" thingy on the homepage.  I'm tired of hearing about US politics and gun crap. I just want techie news & funny stuff

Just now, Gary7 said:

I do not know what you are talking about Dave Legg is a Dev and he is checking into the problem

I wasn't talking about the Dev. i was saying it was my alt account made during a temp ban. (free dibs for a mod, sure this is not allowed)

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

How political of you. :laugh:

I'm not voting Trump nor Hilary so I have no idea what you are on about. I have zero support for either of them, nor have I shown support for either of them.  I don't discuss politics. 

So you are just one of those people to distract the issue with some sort of personal curiosity? You spread a topic 2-3 pages past its focal point for what gain? To make me feel like I am an idiot?

You need a new hobby dude.

Also a stop to spreading distractions around when people are trying to focus on a concept wouldn't be that bad either.

(I am saying it would of been much more valuable for people to read others points of view then see you trying to deflate whatever relevance I might or might not have)

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

That's neat! I never knew that.

Solves one of the problems being discussed in this thread. @Danielx64 will be pleased.

I would definitely recommend that Neowin makes people aware of its existence.

I announced it and everything! 

Any ideas how we can adjust it to make it more discoverable would be greatly received though!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Random Cannabanoid said:

I wasn't talking about the Dev. i was saying it was my alt account made during a temp ban. (free dibs for a mod, sure this is not allowed)

So you are just one of those people to distract the issue with some sort of personal curiosity? You spread a topic 2-3 pages past its focal point for what gain? To make me feel like I am an idiot?

You need a new hobby dude.

Also a stop to spreading distractions around when people are trying to focus on a concept wouldn't be that bad either.

(I am saying it would of been much more valuable for people to read others points of view then see you trying to deflate whatever relevance I might or might not have)

Distracting the issue? I was actually discussing it when ironically enough you brought your political views into it. 

A lot like like how you brought politics into a thread discussing new writers for the site. 

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Distracting the issue? I was actually discussing it when ironically enough you brought your political views into it. 

Dude your first comment in here was political.

You keep using that word like it has some relevance or is an insult.

You can sing it if you want to. Go ahead.

fhSTifZ.png

1 minute ago, Som said:

I would like to be able to block what appears on the "community activity" thingy on the homepage.  I'm tired of hearing about US politics and gun crap. I just want techie news & funny stuff

The mini spy filter I mentioned a few posts ago filters the community activity area on the front page too!