AMD Ryzen CPU lineup leaked, will have 17 versions with the flagship R7 1800X 'Black Edition' CPU at 4GHz

46 minutes ago, Javik said:

The Ryzen 7 1700 is a fascinating processor... a CPU that can match a $1K intel product, and with a 65 watt TDP compared to the 140 watt TDP of Intel's LGA2011 lineup... AMD have made some impressive headway with these processors, and I'll be ordering a setup with one as soon as I can.

Also, news about Ryzen has been conspicuously absent from this site's front page. Is this site becoming a mouthpiece for Intel and Microsoft?

Almost none of the Ryzen news is official yet.  Is there really a point to throwing rumors about on the front page?

• Like 3

I do want AMD to succeed, I would buy a CPU from them if its good, but so far all the Ryzen boards are really low to mid-range, there is not a single board that was revealed that made me say wow....

Even if the CPU is great, you still need a solid platform (board) 

1 hour ago, Javik said:

The Ryzen 7 1700 is a fascinating processor... a CPU that can match a $1K intel product, and with a 65 watt TDP compared to the 140 watt TDP of Intel's LGA2011 lineup... AMD have made some impressive headway with these processors, and I'll be ordering a setup with one as soon as I can.

Also, news about Ryzen has been conspicuously absent from this site's front page. Is this site becoming a mouthpiece for Intel and Microsoft?

Maybe cause they have mostly been rumours?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nekrosoft13 said:

I do want AMD to succeed, I would buy a CPU from them if its good, but so far all the Ryzen boards are really low to mid-range, there is not a single board that was revealed that made me say wow....

Motherboards make you say wow?  I've almost been considering moving to ITX (won't, but could) because I just don't have any reason to care anymore.

7 hours ago, Javik said:

Actually, the leaked benchmark is from the Ryzen 7 1700X not the Ryzen 7 1700.

6 hours ago, nekrosoft13 said:

Really?

You don't like any of these?

http://imgur.com/a/wlE7m

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 1:57 AM, Mockingbird said:

Actually, the leaked benchmark is from the Ryzen 7 1700X not the Ryzen 7 1700.

It matters very little, as the board was B320 without support for Turbo or XFR and the result would have been more or less the same on R7  1700.

This is looking better than I expected. The low clock speeds are a good sign, indicating lots of room for improvement in manufacturing and that this architecture can stay competitive for a long time.

Very eager to see the final benchmarks and pricing.

53 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

This is making me more and more glad I waited to do a ground-up rebuild of my gaming rig. I cannot wait for this CPU.

I'm just annoyed I didn't even know this i7 920 still worked and it still manages to be better than my newer CPU.  If I can sell my other computer off I'll have the money to start the build straight away, otherwise it might take a bit.

Here is the latest Engineering Sample (newer sample than the previous leaks) of Ryzen 5 1600X benchmark and as the article says Intel should be very worried. Take a look at how efficient is multithreading on Ryzen...astonishing.

CPU-Z-Ryzen-Benchmark.png

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2017/02/18/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-performance-leak-intel-will-be-worried/#69f2a96369ce

"Note: Ryzen 5 1600X runs at 3.7GHz turbo frequency here, Intel i7 6850K @3.8Ghz and Intel i7 770k at whooping 4.5GHz and thus it is the fastest in single core operations.

Based on improvements over the ES1 the final silicon should be few percents faster than ES2.

Edited by Yogurth

Since 2003 I've been strictly AMD in this household

AMD K6 II belive it was Windows ME era

AMD Athlon XP 2003-2005 (til a boot sector virus killed that motherboard)

AMD Sempron 2005-2009--Windows XP/Windows 7

AMD Duron--Windows XP, Secondary PC, 2009-2012

AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 2010-2012, Windows Vista/7, til New System to support WIndows 8.0/8.1 and 10--Out of use

HP P6-2133W, AMD A6 based, 2012-2015-_Windows 8.0/8.1, 10 Pro--Stil in use by Mom

AMD FX 8310 8 Core, January 2016 To Present-Windows 10 Pro

My Next laptop is gonna be probably AMD also, hopefully Ryzen APU based so I can do moderate gaming like my Desktops, will have to see on money and funds, sure i'd try an Intel Processor again, but so far can't afford one, so sticked with AMD every new system upgrade that I went thru, video cards all AMD as well

36 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

Since 2003 I've been strictly AMD in this household

AMD K6 II belive it was Windows ME era

AMD Athlon XP 2003-2005 (til a boot sector virus killed that motherboard)

AMD Sempron 2005-2009--Windows XP/Windows 7

AMD Duron--Windows XP, Secondary PC, 2009-2012

AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 2010-2012, Windows Vista/7, til New System to support WIndows 8.0/8.1 and 10--Out of use

HP P6-2133W, AMD A6 based, 2012-2015-_Windows 8.0/8.1, 10 Pro--Stil in use by Mom

AMD FX 8310 8 Core, January 2016 To Present-Windows 10 Pro

My Next laptop is gonna be probably AMD also, hopefully Ryzen APU based so I can do moderate gaming like my Desktops, will have to see on money and funds, sure i'd try an Intel Processor again, but so far can't afford one, so sticked with AMD every new system upgrade that I went thru, video cards all AMD as well

I got more out of my money that you did.

I've been using the same Intel Core i7-920 since 2009 waiting for the next big upgrade.

Ryzen 7 1700X is probably going to  be it.

• Like 2

Looks like there will be packaging with and without heatsink/fan. The former could be retail packaging while the later OEM.

Wraith coolers are really great and it's wonderful to see AMD bundle with it by default.

AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X-1700X-170-confirmed.pn

AMD-Wraith-Ryzen-Coolers.jpg

Oh, and AMD must be proud consider that AMD wrote "RYZEN" nice and big on the processors.

AMD-Ryzen-CPUs-2.jpg

Source: informaticacero

Edited by Mockingbird

140W TDP? lol wtf

I remember the AMD XP chips, like the 1800+ or 2200+ - S_AMD-AX1800DMT3C%20(green).jpg

They had 0 thermal protection, if the fan failed or heat sink came loose, your CPU was smoked instantly.

17 hours ago, bikeman25 said:

They really need to get a good 15w (and 6w) mobile chip out that is actually competitive in terms of battery life. AMD's mobile chips have seriously underperformed the Intel i3/i5 chips to the point that they are generally only found in entry-level 15.6" and larger systems. 

It'd be great to get an alternate to the Atom chips in sub-notebooks and have alternates to the U series in ultrabooks. 

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They really need to get a good 15w (and 6w) mobile chip out that is actually competitive in terms of battery life. AMD's mobile chips have seriously underperformed the Intel i3/i5 chips to the point that they are generally only found in entry-level 15.6" and larger systems. 

It'd be great to get an alternate to the Atom chips in sub-notebooks and have alternates to the U series in ultrabooks. 

I have no doubt about this if the laptop/tablet lineup will be based on Ryzen architecture as it is already clear that these first gen desktop CPUs are  very efficient. I hope that Vega tech will be a part of those mobile chips by the year's end.

13 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

I have no doubt about this if the laptop/tablet lineup will be based on Ryzen architecture as it is already clear that these first gen desktop CPUs are  very efficient. I hope that Vega tech will be a part of those mobile chips by the year's end.

Zen is the name of the microarchitecture. It will be follow by Zen+.

Ryzen is the brand.

Here are some codenames that're helpful to know (release dates in parentheses):

Summit Ridge (Q1 2017): desktop processors without iGPU (shipping next week) based on the Zen microarchitecture

Naples (Q2 2017): server processors based on the Zen microarchitecture

Raven Ridge (H2 2017): APUs for desktops and laptops based on the Zen microarchitecture

2 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Zen is the name of the microarchitecture. It will be follow by Zen+.

Ryzen is the brand.

Here are some codenames that're helpful to know:

Summit Ridge: desktop processors without iGPU (shipping next week) based on the Zen microarchitecture

Naples: server processors based on the Zen microarchitecture

Raven Ridge: APUs for desktops and laptops based on the Zen microarchitecture

Ye thx, I knew that just was too lazy to lookup for actual code names :)

Oh and btw....In an unprecedented move motherboard manufacturers will have 42 motherboards ready on the Ryzen's launch day. This speaks volumes on their confidence in the Zen ecosystem.

News seem to keep getting better and better about AMD's baby  I am really anxious to see the official benchmarks.

1 hour ago, xendrome said:

140W TDP? lol wtf

I remember the AMD XP chips, like the 1800+ or 2200+ - S_AMD-AX1800DMT3C%20(green).jpg

They had 0 thermal protection, if the fan failed or heat sink came loose, your CPU was smoked instantly.

That's the TDP for the cooler, not the processor.  The processors are 65 or 95.