AMD Ryzen CPU lineup leaked, will have 17 versions with the flagship R7 1800X 'Black Edition' CPU at 4GHz

On 2/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, LostCat said:

Almost none of the Ryzen news is official yet.  Is there really a point to throwing rumors about on the front page?

On 2/15/2017 at 6:58 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Maybe cause they have mostly been rumours?

Neither is some of the stuff about Intel, but it still gets posted. Intel make vague unproven claim about their CPU being 15% faster... yeah, let's totally run with that!

58 minutes ago, Javik said:

Neither is some of the stuff about Intel, but it still gets posted. Intel make vague unproven claim about their CPU being 15% faster... yeah, let's totally run with that!

Eh, I'm sure we'll see something after launch given the general interest around the web.  I'm excited, and while I suspect I know enough I'd really like to see the reviews.

Chinese review site accident post review early. It has since been taken down.

https://news.xfastest.com/amd/31741/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-benchmark/

Translate via Google Translator

AMD RYZEN 7 1700X performance exposure, INTEL to be careful

AMD Ryzen news everywhere, it seems from the market is not far away, we are looking forward to it with Intel a higher, so players in the procurement of CPU can have a more diverse choice. According to the current news AMD new generation Ryzen product line is quite complete, to meet more different consumers. I now have a new AMD Ryzen CPU, model Ryzen 7 1700X.

Left for the FX CPU, right for the latest AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU.jpg

Back of the CPU

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-back.jpg

Want to know the performance of the players look down !! Measured down with the opponent i7-5960X is a match!

CPU-Z seems to be 8-core 16 implementation, from the definition of Windows 10 computer administrator seems to be the core number 8, logical core 16, the core clock 3.4GHz, Turbo 3.8GHz, it is understood that the temperature is based on the frequency, L3 cache 16MB , Using DDR4 memory.

CPU Mark99 583(i7-5960X 561)

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPUZ.png

CINBENCH R15 1537(i7-5960X CPU 1318 ;i7-5960X CPU Single 138  )

P.S: unit cb, the greater the better the number of performance

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Cinebench.jpg

3DMARK2013 FIRE STRIKE Physics score 17916 (i7-5960X 3DMARK2013 FIRE STRIKE Physics score 16126)

P.S: The bigger the number, the better the performance

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Fire-Strike-Physics.pn

Edited by Mockingbird

I swear that someone is going to buy the Ryzen 3 1200X or whatever because it's cheaper than what Intel is offering then after assembling the computer realizes that there's no video.

After that, he's going to write nasty reviews because something is obviously wrong with the motherboard/processor.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-am4-motherboard-round-up-msi-gigabyte-asrock-asus-x370/

I like the mobo selection now.  I think I'll go with the MSI B350 Mortar...USB 3.1 options, some expandability I might not even need and less of what I don't (VGA, etc.)  It's too bad it has less power phases than other boards but who knows if that will even matter.

Holy ###### those LED/huge graphic encrusted boards make me want to throw up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LostCat said:

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-am4-motherboard-round-up-msi-gigabyte-asrock-asus-x370/

I like the mobo selection now.  I think I'll go with the MSI B350 Mortar...USB 3.1 options, some expandability I might not even need and less of what I don't (VGA, etc.)  It's too bad it has less power phases than other boards but who knows if that will even matter.

Holy ###### those LED/huge graphic encrusted boards make me want to throw up.

I hope someone will release some kind of Pro mobo without a single LED onboard. Can't stand it either, had to clip off LEDs from my fans they were that annoying :)

13 hours ago, Yogurth said:

I hope someone will release some kind of Pro mobo without a single LED onboard. Can't stand it either, had to clip off LEDs from my fans they were that annoying :)

I just have it in a windowless case anyway so they're utterly pointless.

I did take apart my external HD to remove one, but that's about as far as I've gone with modding.

17 hours ago, Yogurth said:

Most motherboards now use LEDs for error codes, rather than a system speaker. I doubt you find a board without LEDs onboard.

I just pre-ordered all the parts for a new rig, including the Ryzen 1700X. Should be ready to build by March 3rd or 4th so once I'm done putting it all together I'll let you guys know what my experience is. I'm not going to be too surprised if there's some problems, as I remember hiccups back with Bulldozer.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

I just pre-ordered all the parts for a new rig, including the Ryzen 1700X. Should be ready to build by March 3rd or 4th so once I'm done putting it all together I'll let you guys know what my experience is. I'm not going to be too surprised if there's some problems, as I remember hiccups back with Bulldozer.

Which motherboard did you pre-ordered?

I don't like to be the Guiana pig so I'll wait.

RRRRRRRRRRRRYZEN!

At $500 I may have to go straight in with the 1800X.

Not doing anything until Vega comes out, though.

Edited by Shiranui

30 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Which motherboard did you pre-ordered?

I don't like to be the Guiana pig so I'll wait.

GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3

26 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I am surprise that you pre-ordered an B350 motherboard instead of an X370 motherboard.

Cause that thing looks like it wants to eat my hands, I wanted something more basic. The B350 has all the features I want without being double the price.

12 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Cause that thing looks like it wants to eat my hands, I wanted something more basic. The B350 has all the features I want without being double the price.

I would consider $30 more to be "double the price".

6 minutes ago, Nerd Rage said:

I went with the X370 Gaming 5 in my build. :)

I am a little stringy so I want to buy the ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac.

I am waiting for reviews before purchasing so that I don't end up with a buggy motherboard.

ASRock is the Toyota of computing: reliable, but completely boring and does nothing interesting.

I am a little bit bummed that the Wrath cooler isn't included with the 7 1700X.

2 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I would consider $30 more to be "double the price".

I am a little stringy so I want to buy the ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac.

I am waiting for reviews before purchasing so that I don't end up with a buggy motherboard.

ASRock is the Toyota of computing: reliable, but completely boring and does nothing interesting.

Amazon has a price difference between the X370 and the B350 of $71 ($99 vs $170).

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Amazon has a price difference between the X370 and the B350 of $71 ($99 vs $170).

You do realize that there are cheaper X370 motherboards right?

Just now, Mockingbird said:

You do realize that there are cheaper X370 motherboards right?

Yes, but is there a problem with the B350 that I am not aware of?

7 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Yes, but is there a problem with the B350 that I am not aware of?

Nope, not at all, although X370 motherboard have more phases for obvious reason.

7 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Nope, not at all, although X370 motherboard have more phases for obvious reason.

The obvious answer is I am not overclocking, so I don't think it matters for me.

3 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Most motherboards now use LEDs for error codes, rather than a system speaker. I doubt you find a board without LEDs onboard.

Think he was referring to LED illumination as opposed to the health and error readout, though I could be wrong

The B350, from all accounts, will be the mainstream AMD board.  Its main "drawbacks", when compared to the X370, are a couple less ports (like USB 2.0, 3.0, SATA, 2 less PCIe2 lanes, etc.) and it doesn't support SLI ... I'm not sure about CF.  It supports OC .. and the "more phases" I believe would be dependent on the actual mobo ... not necessarily the chipset (since both the X370 and B350 are overclockable) 

I mean ... I see no reason why the B350 wouldn't be solid choice (at least on paper).  Obviously this is all before trusted source reviews ... but I hope Ryzen lives up to the hype.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim K said:

The B350, from all accounts, will be the mainstream AMD board.  Its main "drawbacks", when compared to the X370, are a couple less ports (like USB 2.0, 3.0, SATA, 2 less PCIe2 lanes, etc.) and it doesn't support SLI ... not sure about CF.  It supports OC .. and the "more phases" I believe would be dependent on the actual mobo ... not necessarily the chipset (since both the X370 and B350 are overclockable) 

I mean ... I see no reason why the B350 wouldn't be solid choice (at least on paper).

And I'm prepared to be replacing the CPU/mobo if necessary so we'll see how it goes. The confidence I'm seeing from them after the poor Bulldozer rollout gives me some faith but that doesn't keep it from bugging out in the first run :laugh:. I don't usually do early adoption, but I might as well give it a wirl while I still have a perfectly functional rig in my back pocket in case this goes south.

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

And I'm prepared to be replacing the CPU/mobo if necessary so we'll see how it goes. The confidence I'm seeing from them after the poor Bulldozer rollout gives me some faith but that doesn't keep it from bugging out in the first run :laugh:. I don't usually do early adoption, but I might as well give it a wirl while I still have a perfectly functional rig in my back pocket in case this goes south.

After getting burned with a buggy X58 motherboard, I am more incline to wait until the bugs are worked out.