Deaths confirmed after Manchester Arena blast reports

what pees me off is the police always say "the perp was known to us"

why can't we do away with these people so they can't do this......stupid uk laws

2 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

why can't we do away with these people so they can't do this......stupid uk laws

Not just UK laws.  We might suspect people of being involved in certain groups, but our own laws prevent us from doing anything until we actually have evidence. Sadly, this means that sometimes they're too late. This is the price we pay for not being savages.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

"Innocent until proven guilty", it's kind of a thing.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

Known to us is a vague comment.  Suspected of something entirely unrelated - such as burglary?  See, a lot of the radicalisation occurs in our prisons (not the mosques as the tabloids would suggest).  They go in as disenfranchised yobs, come out ready to do things like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sjokkel said:

Often we do know who they are. After the attacks on Brussels and now in Manchester we had people partying on the streets here after the news got out, people that are protected by both our social security and law.

I'm still waiting for the confirmation "...was known by the police for several crimes and relations with muslim fundamentalists" ....

There were videos of people partying on the streets celebrating after 9-11 (in Pakistan I think) and burning US flags. These were proven to be FAKE NEWS. Someone found the original video, and that proved that it was taken many years earlier and edited to scandalise Muslims. I suspect many of the videos of people partying on the streets about this news (or Brussels) were also the same.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Known to us is a vague comment.  Suspected of something entirely unrelated - such as burglary?  See, a lot of the radicalisation occurs in our prisons (not the mosques as the tabloids would suggest).  They go in as disenfranchised yobs, come out ready to do things like this.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but its more complex than that.

Someone I knew was radicalised when away from home while at University (within 3 months). While staying in the University dorms, he complained about the culture he experience during fresher's week. Since there were no mosques nearby, he isolated himself to his room and that made him susceptible to radicalisation, via the Internet and possibly on campus by someone. I think its isolating yourself that plays a big factor, because that make the idea of belonging to a larger group (i.e. ISIS) more alluring.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Legendary said:

Someone I knew was radicalised when away from home while at University (within 3 months). While staying in the University dorms, he complained about the culture he experience during fresher's week. Since there were no mosques nearby, he isolated himself to his room and that made him susceptible to radicalisation, via the Internet and possibly on campus by someone. I think its isolating yourself that plays a big factor, because that make the idea of belonging to a larger group (i.e. ISIS) more alluring.

I think that's a similar situation to why so many Muslims get radicalised in prisons, enclosed environment that they're stuck in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Not very surprising. Of course, whether or not they were responsible remains to be seen.

And it's just come to light that the youngest victim of the attack was of primary school age. I'm not quite sure I understand how ISIS thinks that this will win them any supporters. Then again, these are the same people who strap bombs to their own children and have them walk to military checkpoints. Yet they still manage to entice people to their cause. Sickening.

If you remember a few years back, I reported an extremely graphic link, I can offer the description via pm if you prefer, part of their aim is to make life hard for all Muslims, so they will rally to their side, and escalate from there..

2 hours ago, Slarlac249 said:

Because if capital punishment was to be brought to bear on 'known to us' criminals, the amount of people who would be killed, just because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time would be astounding.

I remember an armed police incident where a man was shot dead in his home because the police had the wrong information, and the criminal they were looking for didn't even live on that street.

Or the Brazilian in the tube.

• Like 2

This couldn't have come at a worse time for Manchester. On Friday we have the Great City Games (athletics in the city centre - airing on BBC 2). Take That have concerts at the same venue (Manchester Arena) on Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, there's also another concert by some local Greater Manchester rock band at Lancashire County Cricket ground (3 miles from Manchester city centre). Then Sunday is the Great Manchester Run (marathon). Security is going to be extra high.

In case you can't tell, I'm from Manchester. And I'm also a Muslim. This cowardly attack is not Islam.

2 hours ago, Legendary said:

I entirely agree.

1 minute ago, Legendary said:

This cowardly attack is not Islam.

Of course any right minded person agrees with you but...

It is being done deliberately in the name of Islam.  Why?  To create more of a divide by people who don't want integration, don't want peaceful coexistence.

i am truly lost for words......this reminds me in the 80s when a certain non- UK mainland group, would nailbomb mostley millitary events...but to hit kids and families....there are no words, truly shocked.

to counter it, what the world needs to do is regardless of beliefs, religion or race, all come together and out them all, then round em up and stick them in a pit.

Edited by Mando
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Of course any right minded person agrees with you but...

It is being done deliberately in the name of Islam.  Why?  To create more of a divide by people who don't want integration, don't want peaceful coexistence.

Corrupted Islam, twisted beyond all recognition. 

26 minutes ago, Mando said:

i am truly lost for words......this reminds me in the 80s when a certain non- UK mainland group, would nailbomb mostley millitary events...but to hit kids and families....there are no words, truly shocked.

to counter it, what the world needs to do is regardless of beliefs, religion or race, all come together and out them all, then round em up and stick them in a pit.

Specifically IRA or Sinn Fein?

Yes, I'm as outraged as you are, and rage posted on page 2 about it.

7 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

A huge factor in this is the Iraq invasion though, the formulation of ISIS has been proven to be a direct consequence of what happened there, the stories, crimes and tortures that were carried out there against a nation which, at that time, had no quarrel with the west was a huge factor in affecting the judgement of Muslims there against the western countries as well as Muslims in our own countries watching this happening to, what is in effect, their brothers as Islam teaches it's followers that they are all brothers and sisters.

Bush and his idiots have a lot to answer for.

Way to turn it into your own liberal agenda!  Islamic Radicals have been blowing themselves up and killing others way before Bush was a president... You know 9/11 happened before Saddam was ousted...

So sad to see this happening in London.. i have a lot friends there, and fortunately none of them were harmed...

1 minute ago, Euphoria said:

Way to turn it into your own liberal agenda!  Islamic Radicals have been blowing themselves up and killing others way before Bush was a president... You know 9/11 happened before Saddam was ousted...

You sound like a Fox Bot. Stop.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

So sad to see this happening in London.. i have a lot friends there, and fortunately none of them were harmed...

Umm

OK?

The suspected suicide bomber behind Monday's attack on a concert venue in Manchester has been identified as Salman Abedi, U.S. officials told Reuters on Tuesday.

Two of the officials who have been in contact with British authorities said the suspect has been identified as Salman Abedi or Salman Ramadan Abedi and was believed to have travelled to Manchester from London by train.

A third U.S. government source said the bomber had been identified as Salman Abedi.

Source: Reuters

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/

The suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the Manchester Arena has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi.

Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

Son of Libyan refugees... one more proof that these refugee families with Islamic background are just ticking bombs that can explode tomorrow or 10 years later...

But hey, lets not jump to conclusions because Islamophobia is a serious offense worse than blowing up 20+ girls...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/

Son of Libyan refugees... one more proof that these refugee families with Islamic background are just ticking bombs that can explode tomorrow or 10 years later...

But hey, lets not jump to conclusions because Islamophobia is a serious offense worse than blowing up 20+ girls...

Guess what Steve Jobs was? the son of a Syrian immigrant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Looks like a similar attack is going on in Marawi 

Knowing Duerte and him not being bound by some of the issues we face in the EU, he will manage to clean up the mess in no time however I do not think that this is related.

President Duterte declared a 60-day martial law throughout the province of Mindanao as fighting continues to rage between Maute fighters and government forces. The public has been asked not to share any information which could “compromise operational security.”

A government official said in a press conference Tuesday that the whole of Marawi city has been blacked out with snipers patrolling the streets as government troops continue to engage with the insurgents.

Duterte is cutting short his state visit to Moscow to return to the Philippines.

Late last month Philippines security forces claimed they killed 36 Maute fighters and captured the rebels’ base during a three-day operation. 

https://www.rt.com/news/389452-duterte-isis-philippines-martial-law/