Firefox 0.8

i see the link but what is IT? geez what i ment was where can i gte more info about it i didnt want a direct link.

thanks for being nice to a newbie... you firebird/firefox users are always trying to get people to switch and then when they switch you treat them like that?

Is it possible to watch music videos using Firefox at Launch.com?

Perhaps it's based on the User Agent.

When you can, download the User Agent plugin for Firefox and pretend to be Internet Explorer, then try loading the page. Also be sure you have the appropriate plugins for Firebird. (Yahoo uses both Windows Media and RealPlayer).

Typing about:plugins into Firefox's address bar will tell you what you have installed.

o ok thanks

@Alien Venom: Where can I find the user agent plugin? I am also havin the same problem w/ Yahoo!

On the default site, when it's online again. :-\ I need to download all of my extensions again. I prefer doing clean installs when I upgrade Firebird. Oh well, just have to wait -- I guess.

hello firefox people... just a few questions...

i downloaded firefox 0.8 like 5 minutes ago... but before i install it... can anyone answer this questions first...

1) i'm using Guard-IE as my "web privacy" tool... it takes care of pop-ups, cookies, history, web bugs... i really like it... anything similar like this for FF 0.8?

2) i also have mcafee security center... is FF 0.8 compatible with that?

i think that's it... thanks

here's a screenshot of my task manager with the excessive use of cpu shown by firefox.exe..with only 2 tabs open. this reply tab and one in the msn messenger downtime threat

Is there a flash animation running in one of the pages? I know that causes a similar problem for me.

1) i'm using Guard-IE as my "web privacy" tool... it takes care of pop-ups, cookies, history, web bugs... i really like it... anything similar like this for FF 0.8?

2) i also have mcafee security center... is FF 0.8 compatible with that?

1) Firefox has it's own popup blocker, and it's enabled by default. There are cookie management tools built-in. I think it's possible to disable the history in the options. Don't know about web bugs though.

2) It should be.

I think there's a plugin called paranoia or X that does all that, but texturizer's down right now and mozdev is going slow for me but look up those names. Firefox doesn't need a pop-up blocker program since it's included and in my opinion all the other privacy options(cookie blocker history and cache cleaning programs are useless since every browser can be configured to erase on exit. Alot of that privacy software is just paranoia ware and doesn't really serve a purpose.

Mcafee security center has nothing to do with your browser it will work just fine with McAfee firewall or VS8.

Hmm i got another question for you guys, how can i make it so that when i do the good old IE "Shif + Click" it opens in a new tab, or a new window but it should open in a new window as i selected single browser option in TBE.

Thx in advance :)

Ritalin

if i understand you correctly....right click on link and tell it to open in new window

if i didnt understand you correctly...middle click will open in new tab or ctrl+cleft mouse click

Hmm i got another question for you guys, how can i make it so that when i do the good old IE "Shif + Click" it opens in a new tab, or a new window but it should open in a new window as i selected single browser option in TBE.

Thx in advance :)

Ritalin

Ctrl+Click does the same thing

I think he's asking to change that closebox icon to a more classic themed closebox, not how to get the closebox.

TBH I don't know if you can theme that.

Is there a flash animation running in one of the pages? I know that causes a similar problem for me.

nope, they're both neowin posts, as i said, about the msn messenger downtime and this thread i believe.. they both don't have any flash or shockwave or java or anything plugin-related...just gifs at most..

I think he's asking to change that closebox icon to a more classic themed closebox, not how to get the closebox.

TBH I don't know if you can theme that.

Oohhhh... that didn't occur to me. You CAN change it in a theme: Find the .jar file for your theme. Change the extension to .zip, open it. Search around, the image for the tab close button is there, somewhere. Replace it, change the extension back to .jar, and you're good to go.