Windows XP Service Pack 2 Technical Preview

Just installed RC1...so far...so good. One question, however. My Cisco VPN won't work.....tells me that "Internet Connection Sharing must be uninstalled in Windows XP". How??? Please. :crazy:

Maybe it doesn't work because this is a beta

I've tried it 3 times on GetRight, twice using Firebird, and twice using FlashGet... thats why!

So... IE was my last hope in getting this download to work.

Actually I'm on the phone to my ISP now, they're having similar problems downloading it, so it might be a problem with my ISP. The download started at 2MB per sec, and is slowly dropping down below 300kb/sec on their connection.

They're gonna ring me back shortly to tell me how the download went.

Use Newsgroups. I posted the file there 2 days ago. its maybe still be there. Take 5mins of your life and learn NNTP. You'll have the file within a half hour. :p

I can't get custom themes to work, am I doing something wrong?

I used the patcher here, but its not working. Do I need to go into safe mode or do something special? Please help!

I can't seem to get the UXtheme.dll that is supposed to work for this release to work...Do I have to install it while in safe mode or something? I'm too lazy for that. :(

Use Newsgroups. I posted the file there 2 days ago. its maybe still be there. Take 5mins of your life and learn NNTP. You'll have the file within a half hour. :p

Thanks, ill take a look at the News groups.

My isp downloaded it just fine, so I dunno whats going on. They basicly said there was nothing they could do, and got rid of me.

All i really need is a mirror to get the last 10MB from (Ive managed to get one of my downloads up to 96%). I have that arranged, so ill see what happens.

well it took 36 hours but i got it and i must say it looks good and i like the way the windows updates looks :D

btw i downloaded it on my dial up LOL

bennett

1 day 2 hours uptime so far and been used all the time, stable as rock, gfx oc'd, cpu oc'd and no slowdowns anywhere.

firefox is working tpoo, i found out some extensions were messing it up

Anyone else noticed that UT is a little laggy on it? or meybie its just the display drivers i have...

You got the latest display driver?

eh? there was about 16MB worth of updates, all downloaded and installed through windows update site (works now) and all is fine

they're even on Add/remove

They're used for testing the new Windows Update site, nothing more. There are NO updates for SP2 yet, because SP2 isn't released, and as such, any new updates between now and the SP2 launch will be included in SP2.

i always have a problem installing this when it gets to plylst9.wp_ (plylst9.wpl). it gives me an error saying it couldnt copy the file. so two things:

1) is it possible my download was corrupt and could be creating problems when trying to copy the files?

2) does anyone else have a problem with this, and does anyone have a solution to it?

[edit]

i forgot, also after uninstalling (since i cant install fully in the first place... i cant use the welcome screen for logins. anyone know what could cause this also? thanks

lol, i was hoping to play with all the new features :D instead i get this :( .... o well, betas will do that :pinch:

[/edit]

Edited by family guy

hmm /even/though/the updates required for me to restart my machine after install and read 2 updates EULA ?

yep.. they are just for testing the windows update ability to give correct patches to users.

,Mar 23 2004, 02:17] yep.. they are just for testing the windows update ability to give correct patches to users.

so i guess ill just..uninstall them :/