Windows XP Service Pack 2 Technical Preview

off the topic........

i lov these emo btw.... :yes:

( newbie in the house :cool: )

Welcome to neowin!

sooo should i uninstall my old beta version and install this release.. ( i love the improved firewall btw ) :p

You have to. You cannot upgrade to the new build.

sweet downloading now! (thank god i brought my USB memory key to school today)

i hate my school. we have novel and we cannot use any progs. we also haved internet taht most of the time is teh speed of dialup. (probably highspeed dsl or cable but for 500 comps). we also have old p3 gateways that suck total ass and take as hitload of time to turn on.

i hate my school. we have novel and we cannot use any progs. we also haved internet taht most of the time is teh speed of dialup. (probably highspeed dsl or cable but for 500 comps). we also have old p3 gateways that suck total ass and take as hitload of time to turn on.

yes well, we use Novell as well, but they allow us to attach memory keys.. with certain restrictions. plus UBC owns a major backbone here in Vancouver (we are the biggest university in BC) so the connection is superfast ;)

You have to. You cannot upgrade to the new build.

Yes, that stinks. We'll have to uninstall again when the final comes out. :yes: :rolleyes:

When will people learn to use newsgroups? :p

You do know not every ISP gives you NNTP? :huh:

My school uses Novell too. What's so great about Novell vs the standard Windows AD server?

haha that sucks.. we got about 400 P4s at our school with a 3 T1 connections!

it makes for very very fun time at school.. and fortress (program that blocks everything on our comps) is easy to turn off. *cough* running a fake scheduled task in xp crashes it haha *cough*

Yes, that stinks. We'll have to uninstall again when the final comes out. :yes: :rolleyes:

No it does not stink at all. Real world scenarios don't have the general public installing betas and upgrading them. This is better and proper procedure.

Wow, xStainDx, your nick is *****-**** ****? Wow I never guessed that :rofl:

Yeah me thinks a lot of people are stealing is nick in the Newsgroups too. Shame on them! :p

Took me forver to find the newsgroup you posted to, since I would never knew that group existed. ;)

Thanks xStainDX.

Is anyone going to talk about anything besides their connection speeds and if they are able to get the file? Results of installations would be nice - increased speed? anything?

if I install this sp2 technical, will sp2 final be able to install over this?

nope. must completely uninstall it. it forces you makes a restore point to install it tho.

Hi,

is there a SP2RC1 for the spanish version of XP?

(or can I use this release?)

Thanks

nope, only english and german versions out right now and your windows language would have to match the service packs to install, i think. i guess you'll just have to wait until it's final. ;)

Umm... For the life of me, I can't get that uxtheme.dll to copy over the one in the system32 folder. I booted into Safe Mode and everything. What am I doing wrong?