Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Forget Detroit goaltending, they need to focus on the players.. their lack of D and lack of scoring is what is losing this series. They just get out worked on almost every shift, except may be for the "grind line" of Detroit.

Actually, Manny is a good goalie, but he's letting soft goals in. Please tell me you watched the last two games where the Wings forwards were turning it up the entire game. Sure, it's a lack of scoring, but what are you suggesting they do? They're still trying.

And, the D has been rather solid, minus a few errant passes. "Lack of D"? That's what won them the first two games.

Good point. Detroit had many quality opportunities and shots, but they just didn't go in. Man, this is reminding me of last year... I did notice in the two losses, the Preds were really putting the pressure on Detroit.

Actually, Manny is a good goalie, but he's letting soft goals in. Please tell me you watched the last two games where the Wings forwards were turning it up the entire game. Sure, it's a lack of scoring, but what are you suggesting they do? They're still trying.

And, the D has been rather solid, minus a few errant passes. "Lack of D"? That's what won them the first two games.

Their D isn't doing that great, I don't see how that won them the first, scoring in the 3rd is what won them those games. Hatcher for one doesn't match up well with anyone, the guy just lacks the speed needed to take on the preds, sullivan(sp?) has been given shot after shot and even a breakaway.. they need to pick it up on their end.

Until they can actually play like the all-stars that they are, making plays and scoring on them, then this series is over just like last year.

Tonight scores:

Flyers 3 Devils 0 - Flyers lead 3-1

Senators 4 Leafs 1 - Series tied at 2-2

Lightning 3 Islanders 0 - Lightning lead 3-1

In process: Avs 2 Stars 2, end of 1st OT

Tonight scores:

Flyers 3 Devils 0 - Flyers lead 3-1

Senators 4 Leafs 1 - Series tied at 2-2

Lightning 3 Islanders 0 - Lightning lead 3-1

In process: Avs 2 Stars 2, end of 1st OT

Please do not post recaps. that is the purpose of the first post in this thread. :rolleyes:

Please do not post recaps. that is the purpose of the first post in this thread. :rolleyes:

oops...sorry... :blush:

btw, go avs

they will switch back over when the period is about to begin

so don't :wacko:

:rolleyes:

I would have to because it's intermission, if I change the channel I may miss the end of the game since it's OT! Baseball is ****, I would rather watch the intermission report, thanks.

Just got in today and turn on ESPN to see Detroit leading 3-0 :D

Hope they can keep this lead..

edit - 4-0 :woot:

Edited by myie2_user