Ikea founder overtakes Gates as Richest Man

Bill Gates would still be the richest man in the world if he hadn't given half of his money to charity. *cough* *cough*

Ikea has nice furniture and I love their Ad's. :)

Maybe Bill Gates & Microsoft should buy out Ikea and then I can have my Microsoft Windows PC + Microsoft Mouse + Microsoft Keyboard + Microsoft Desk + Chair! (Y)

Really. Would be cool. :D

Ikea has nice furniture and I love their Ad's. :)

Maybe Bill Gates & Microsoft should buy out Ikea and then I can have my Microsoft Windows PC + Microsoft Mouse + Microsoft Keyboard + Microsoft Desk + Chair! (Y)

Really. Would be cool. :D

Good idea. :happy:

Bill Gates would still be the richest man in the world if he hadn't given half of his money to charity. *cough* *cough*

i'm pretty sure that part of that money (from the Gates Foundation, or whatever) went to my school district, but only for buildings and stuff, not to actually pay teachers or fund programs or anything....so now they're remodeling one highschool a whole bunch, building a whole new huge really fancy middle school, going to soon redo the other highschool, and after spending all these millions and millions of dollars, they dont have a freaking dime to spend on teachers or programs to put inside all of these fancy schools...our programs and classes are still getting cut all around us.... :(

*gets off soapbox*

I wonder if that ingvar guy buys his own produce. Compressed recycled cardboard tables, shoddy and mungo fabric chairs, and those crappy lamp shades!! AGH!

I wonder if that ingvar guy buys his own produce. Compressed recycled cardboard tables, shoddy and mungo fabric chairs, and those crappy lamp shades!! AGH!

i take it you have no opinion of IKEA outside from those you would have heard from other people, had they actually given one to you. After 2 minutes of browsing, I give you:

solid birch dining table

solid oak dining table

solid pine dining table

Sure a number of their desks are laminated particleboard, but I don't recall ever seeing a solid oak computer desk.

IKEA makes quality, economical furniture.

ROFL, how wooden are you mate, my previous post is what is called a j-o-k-e, yes go ahead you try it!............well done! as a matter of fact i have plenty of stuff from IKEA and im happy :)

ROFL, how wooden are you mate, my previous post is what is called a j-o-k-e...

i have plenty of stuff from IKEA and im happy :)

right...and i was supposed to know this how? perhaps reach through cyberspace and read your mind?

read your post again...let me know which part made it apparent that you were joking.

:rolleyes:

I explain myself to No-one :) and neither will i re-iterate the obvious.

wow...that's even worse than the "well if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you" bit that chicks pull :blink:

Is it worse? well thanks for letting me know that. Im sure in later life ill come to use that info and it will make me remmenice of your pathetic comeback :)

Is it worse? well thanks for letting me know that. Im sure in later life ill come to use that info and it will make me remmenice of your pathetic comeback :)

aww, what's wrong arrowhead? can't take a...how'd you call it...a "j-o-k-e"??

:D

everthing else aside...I still think your original post doesn't sound like a joke in the least...you don't want to admit it, that's fine by me. besides, it's about time we stop hijacking this thread.