Longhorn Systray Clock

No more features please, it's perfect. If you want to know the weather just look through a window and that's all lazy :p

Finally like ch1ck3n said: Why do you need the week number?

Excellent app! I use this both on my work computer and home computer.

Like have been requested before, a outlook synchronizing ability would be nice.

Also if it could display the week number. I actually use the week number alot in my line of work. I'm sure it's not all that useful to everyone but we all have different needs,

Anyway, looking forward to updates and new functiones :)

I dont understand... Why do you guys want week numbers to be displayed?

What purpose does it serve when you know what week of the year it is?

I'm sure that I am just missing something.. Plz fill me in.

584758727[/snapback]

Hi,

Let me try to explain.

The follow up of a project is pretty much based on a planning.

And in Europe (maybe it's different for other continents) we use week-numbers to indicate planning & scheduling actions.

eg. In week 41 the drawings should be ready.

eg. In week 43 the first samples have to be sent to customers

etc.

It would therefore be much appreciated to have the week numbers in both the clock and the popup calendar.

During meetings evrybody comes with his laptop nowadays, and it would be extremely handy for us to have the week numbers at hand.

Please try to bring them in, it would be of an enormous help to a lot of people !

Thanks,

Pluizebol.

You can do your own skin, no need to wait anything :D .

He must be busy you know something called real life :p

584835588[/snapback]

I do most of my own skins anyway, but I was just wondering. There isn't much more you could add.

I noticed the Glass skin has a typo. The Calendar.ini has a mistake under the [calendar] section:

WeekdayNames=S/M/T/W/R/F/S

...Should be:

WeekdayNames=S/M/T/W/T/F/S

Thursday has an 'R' instead of a 'T'.

This has probably already been mentioned here, but for those others like me who can't be bothered wading throught 60-odd pages on this topic, I thought I'd mention it :shifty:

Thursday has an 'R' instead of a 'T'.

It's not a typo. "R" is a common single-letter reference to Thursday so as to differentiate it from Tuesday. People don't bother as much with Saturday/Sunday since they're weekend days.

"R" is used a lot in class schedules for unis...

ciaran

• 2 weeks later...

RCube, nice work man, but I have a problem with the way the calendar handles the alarms.

After you have put in several, it locks up and you can't even remove older ones. I had to go and manually remove them from the .ini file just to make it usable again. Is there a way to increase the ammount of alarms?

Also, in the future update, would it be possible that the calendar automatically color the major holidays ie; New Years, X-Mas, Easter, etc. differently?

I would also like to go on to second the motion of adding both the user definable sounds and durations, (I would like the ability to use whatever codec I chose, such as m4a, wma, ogg, etc.) I realize that I can use any sized file with it, I want to be able to better customize the alarm so as to use it to wake me up for example, then set the next alarm to alert me to a meeting, using different sound files.

The other I would like to second is the addition of the inclusion of the current weather into the calendar function, if it's possible. (So the weather shows for the current day at the top of the month bar maybe?)

Most importantly IMO, is the calendar functionality, that it be more customizable, and if possible even fix the time feature so as to use 12 hour clock features with it as well, (instead of the current 24 hour clock that it's currently using.)

I would also like a slate colored version of the Royale theme, if anyone's up to making one. (See Royale 5 Color Theme for color scheme.)

For those with problems with the date, I changed mine to use two letter names for the weekdays, though it may be possible to use three letter names, I stuck with the two. You can change that in the clock properties, which is where I changed it at.

Actually I was able to adjust the days to three letters by adjusting the week spacing in calendar metrics to 1 instead of 2. Now if I can just figure out why the background coloring for the weekdays isn't changable.

Hi I'm new to neowin have been usin it 4 news and decided to try the forums. I love this prog but i have two suggestions, one how to find out your current versions and an updater, and better theme support letting you choose from a list which theme you want to apply.

-frogger

BTW if there is a way to check what version you have please tell me.

Hi I'm new to neowin have been usin it 4 news and decided to try the forums. I love this prog but i have two suggestions, one how to find out your current versions and an updater, and better theme support letting you choose from a list which theme you want to apply.

-frogger

BTW if there is a way to check what version you have please tell me.

584944990[/snapback]

Hi.. Welcome to Neowin.. I am also sorta new around here too.

But anyways, I don't know of an updater.. But to check what version you have. Just right click on LClock.. Select LClock properties... In the window that opens you should see a tab labeled "ABOUT".. Click that tab the info is in there.

i will ask some things for the next version:

1) i like to use the start menu from the clock but that needs some imporvement likke changing the position of the clock to the left so the start menu looks better or changing the arrow position in the start menu.

2) when i use clokc as start menu i can use the calendar so i would like some way of opening it like souble right click or something.

3) i would be nice Tclock feature of transparency but that is just fancy stuff.

thats all for today