1. 1. Wich one is the best?!?!?!

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP

^^^^Lucifer360

PSP is not more powerful then PS2 as far as graphical ability

secondly

DS is said to be between N64 and Gamecube

a qoute straight from IGN

The system features some really impressive 3D capabilities, and though Nintendo seems to be downplaying its 3D prowess the system can definitely pull off some stunning effects. It sits somewhere between the Nintendo 64 and the GameCube in its abilities, and much of these 3D effects were shown off in the game and graphic demos in Nintendo's booth. 

gba.ign.com

ign also has some SUPER impressive vids up... the screen shots from Nintendo's site SUX... the vids on ign are amazing. in particular the Sonic and Metroid Hunter Videos

Well the PSP has graphics BETTER than the Playstation 2, as announced by the producers and by judging the screenshots.

Only GT4. Every other game is clearly not as pretty as the PS2 counterpart. I wonder why that difference between PSP titles exists...

if GT4 is in game i'll eat my hat.. :)

dont get me wrong i still REALLY want both...

PSP is just plain old SEXY...

But the DS is a lil more innovative...

plus its nintendo i have to get it...

^^^^Lucifer360

PSP is not more powerful then PS2 as far as graphical ability

Yes it is, technically its supirior to the PS2, as said in a conference by Songy when PSP was first announced.

Pure sex in Silicon and Plastic :|

It certainly looks nice - you do know that GT4 isn't running on PSP hardware yet, right? Everything is just videos of the PS2 GT4 running on the PSP.

I don't like the fact that it's likely to cost 2-3x as much, and you will need to buy two accessories just to use it - a memory stick duo pro for saving, and a cover to protect that screen. (even the ones on display have had some scratches)

The battery life is ~2 hours for movies, and ~8 for music. (running off a memory stick and the screen turned off) I'm guessing that means, depending on how much drive access the game uses it could possibly be between two and five hours. The DS is 10+ hours.

Sony also said Soul Calibur II was an exclusive game at last year's E3 conference...

Seriously though I hope they aren't fibbing here. I'd love to own a PSP.

It certainly looks nice - you do know that GT4 isn't running on PSP hardware yet, right? Everything is just videos of the PS2 GT4 running on the PSP.

I don't like the fact that it's likely to cost 2-3x as much, and you will need to buy two accessories just to use it - a memory stick duo pro for saving, and a cover to protect that screen. (even the ones on display have had some scratches)

The battery life is ~2 hours for movies, and ~8 for music. (running off a memory stick and the screen turned off) I'm guessing that means, depending on how much drive access the game uses it could possibly be between two and five hours. The DS is 10+ hours.

GT4 Mobile was running on a PSP Dev Kit. No doubt you will have to buy a memory stick, I can't see them going away from that little money making scheme that they got away with with the PS2. I'd imagine it'll come with a soft pouch, like most of their other high end portables.

One thing they've gotta sort out is the battery life, anything less than 10 for gaming is ****e.

No doubt I'll buy both, I always do. I've owned every Nintendo console so far, I can't see the DS bucking the trend,

Yes it is, technically its supirior to the PS2, as said in a conference by Songy when PSP was first announced.

who in particular?

Kaz him self said its inbetween ps1 and ps2.

if i'm wrong then thats even better for psp...

which i still can't wait to get.

nice looking thing

meh

we all know that's all it takes for most people to jump on the wagon ;p yeah, psp will get you chicks, go ahead and get one and let me know how that turns out for you. if you are in it for the games though, maybe you should pay a little more attention to things other than the plastic exterior. this wasnt directed at spyder ;p or daz...or, anyone in particular...

nobody take any of this as a jab, there is a mob mentality when it comes to these things, lots people forget what they think, forget what they know, and post biased unarguable trash. i read this, well i read this. wtf difference does it make if you read something....just because LOTR comes in written form, does that mean its a REAL story?

i'm tired of the nintendo hating and the biased voting and uneducated babble. ****ing read up on both systems before you post your lame uneducated opinions, and even then, think before you post, who knows what you are reading, very few people have actual experience with these systems, and those that have may have a very different perspective on things than you. looking at what each system will provide me with, i think the ds will be a much better buy, even if it cost equal to the psp. i do, however, think sony has always had the upper hand in terms of hype, and that will help them with developers and a pretty rapid production of third party games.

nintendo making sequels of mario, zelda, metroid etc is what keeps them afloat, nintendo fans love the characters and the gameplay they get when they buy those games. saying you hate nintendo because all they do is remake games is like saying you hate nintendo for doing it's job, keeping it's userbase happy (nintendo DOESNT just remake games, btw, that was an ignorant thing to say, shoot your argument in the face). If you liked the games, and the characters, you'd like the sequels.

both systems SHOULD have good futures. marketing and.. battery life will play an important role in each of their successes. i vote ds. i look forward to using both.

regarding graphical capabilities on both systems, the psp looks like its between ps1 and ps2, its not as strong as a real ps2, but given the much smaller screen, developers will be able to make very pretty games (almost as good as the ps2). again, if sony says it's like a portable ps2, its marketing, its hype. the ds IS between the n64 and the gamecube. i would say its just a little bit less powerful than the psp. sort of like the ps2 is less powerful than the gamecube.

and finally....if you don't think nintendo have a good reason for the dual screen, check out some of the videos on ign, theres some pretty cool looking stuff over there (even if most of it is demo's it gives you a pretty good idea of what can really be done), the baby mario game where he is floating downward and you must create cloud paths to get coins and save him from baddies, the sonic game has some interesting ideas, the metroid game looks like it will even make good use of the system. mario64x4 looks like it could be a real good time, not a super use of the second screen, but fun as hell ;p. bomberman ds? even if the dual screen isnt used in lots of creative ways, we have a reasonably priced next gen portable that can play 3d and 2d games, with wifi and other great little things.

Edited by Bant

wow the opinions are so equal!!

but i'm still with the DS

uh?? :huh: i tough there was 5 pages??

Edited by Hankyone

Regarding PSP battery life:

I thought the 2.5 hours of battery life was for movie playback and for games it would be in the 8-10 hour range.

???

No, the PSP will have very crappy batterlife. All its components will suck battery power. More 3D power means more power consumption. Larger screen = more power. Disc drives need to be powered and will also draw power. The PSP is either gonna be huge, have really short battery-life, or both. Also, movies only require decoding processing. Video games require real-time rendering, much more processor intensive, so watching videos should take less power than gaming.

I thought the DS wasn't Nintendo's answer to the PSP.. didn't they say another GB would compete with it?

Anyways, I like the DS a little better for the 2 screens, just something that looks cool and hopefully the games take advantage of it.

I thought the DS wasn't Nintendo's answer to the PSP.. didn't they say another GB would compete with it?

Yep. Nintendo is also developing a successor to the GBA/GBASP.

However, if the DS sells better than the PSP I wouldn't exactly expect them to rush a new Game Boy out ;)

is there any hint of a xbox portable coz ya gotta love xbox

i don't think the words xbox and portable will ever be used in the same sentence ;)

I thought the DS wasn't Nintendo's answer to the PSP..  didn't they say another GB would compete with it?

Anyways, I like the DS a little better for the 2 screens, just something that looks cool and hopefully the games take advantage of it.

Actually, Nintendo called the DS the "PSP killer" as Sony is calling theirs the "Gameboy killer", quoth G4@E3.

Wich one is the best?!?!?!

Nintendo DS [ 46 ] [50.00%]

Sony PSP [ 44 ] [47.83%]

Total Votes: 90

eat that Monkeh ;)

and true, DS is not the PSP killer, the "GBE" will be...suck on that while your momma takes your temprature up your @55!

Actually ya, I will probably get both, and the new gameboy. But again..I think Sony, will in the end, fail...as 9 before them. Everyone who has challenged Nintendo has had hype, have been big companies etc...but all have failed. Why?

Battery life, Games (Good ones...not ports like GT4 Portable....see..the first part of the word 'Port'able... heh), Price, and most importantly Innovation!

The Gamegear was far superior to the GB at the time, and is near the GBA right now, same as the PSP to the DS. The Gamegear failed...what can make anyone think Sony is different? Both had a great reputation at their time, both have ****ty batterylife, both had the SAME old games, they were the same as every system before them! Try to make me change my mind...please!

2 diiferent markets I fear are being created here.

You have the "on the bus" take anywhere gaming of the DS

and teh convergance area ofgaming and video that is the sony unit. Portable MP4 players have been growing so it makes sense to have a gaming unit with video capabilities. I know that Id be interested in a console that does that.

Only problem is with the nintendo unit, by sticking with what they are good at are they not seeing future markets or is sony trying to be a jack of all trades and master of none?