Nintendo DS VS Sony PSP

Wich one is the best?!?!?!  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one is the best?!?!?!

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP

i think everybody should really keep quiet about the battery for now, too much speculation, and i'm sure if it is less than 8 hours for games sony will figure something out.

another thing. some people are basing their impressions on the success of the psp by comparing it to the 9 (or however many) handhelds that failed to take the market vs the gameboy in the past. the one thing they seem to forget is sony's got cash. sega was strong in the time of the gamegear, but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as sony is. sony can push the psp for a long time if it needs to, whereas sega (and the few developers, seemed to kinda just give up after a while... similar to what happened with the dreamcast).

if the psp doesnt catch on, it will be because nintendo's marketing is better than the PSP. the only thing i see holding it back is a POSSIBLE battery life that is shorter than should be expected of a handheld, but that is just a possibility, and unlikely of sony to keep the battery as it's weakest link.

what it will really come down to is marketing and which system people flock to. each system needs to have a lot of hype at launch and keep that momentum. whichever can do that will win this gen of handhelds. sony is really good at hype. nintendo is still finding its way. while i think the DS is a better toy for myself, I see the PSP as a quality piece of equipment that sony could easily use to turn the market in its favor.

If PSP is going to have some original games, I think it'll have a chance. People keep talking about how the DS is just gettings rehashes; what about the PSP? The GT, the MGS, and there are a few others. When I think about the DS, the games might be made on existing brands, but at least it's something I won't find myself playing on a console. I look for a different type of game on the handheld as well as the portable aspect and that's why to me the DS is the prime choice at this time.

Exactly. But either way I think we should wait until everything is final.

So far it seems that the PSP has the disadvantage...you know with the faked videos, low battery, no innovation, and no support for media. Plus, as you can see, Nintendo stole the show, and the developers (100 for Nintendo, 99 for Sony... lol, Nintendo even has Square Enix).

But of course, I may change my mind...either way I still hate Sony.

I think this battery myth is all FUD, I don't believe for one minute Sony would ship a handheld that can only play games for 2.5 hours. It's absurd. Wait until the release.

i disagree with this simplistic breakdown. I happen to fall into the adult category but with mortgage, insurance, car, water, hydro, etc etc bills, I don't want to spend alot of money on a portable gaming system. Not that I don't have the money to do it, just with all my other bills, other things are more important.

so its not so simple to break it down into 2 groups like you did.

well said spyder.. throw three kids in the mix.. and we will keep the two GBAs we have and buy games online for cheep.. :p

Pure sex in Silicon and Plastic :|

Yay! I like the design a lot! But when it comes to price...I think it will be expensive, probably 1.5 or 2 times the price of PS2 :/

The only reason everyone is going to nintendo is because they have alot more experience in the portable buisness and everyone trusts them. But nintendo is just getting to weak. Look at 80% of teh games on GBA, there all lame. "OOO MOMMY I WANT ELMO COUNTS TO 5!" no thanks.. ow a kid with PSP. "OO MOMMY I WANT GTA: Mobile Madness!" hehe

And you know this for a fact? I'm going with Nintendo DS because I think that it is better than the PSP and it has better games. And Nintendo is not getting weak. Have you seen the new Zelda and Metroid? Obviously not. Look at 95% of games on the PlayStation 2, most of them aren't even worth looking at to buy. ;)

Is it me or is nintendo just using 2 screens because they cant afford a large widescreen like sony? Who already mass produces the same exact screen for high end PDAs

ummm.... two normal screens costs more than one widescreen last time I checked. They also have to pay for dual processors, too, you forget.

Is it me or is nintendo just using 2 screens because they cant afford a large widescreen like sony? Who already mass produces the same exact screen for high end PDAs

Are you serious? If you really think Nintendo put 2 smaller screens on the DS because they 'couldn't afford' a larger one then you really need to do some research!

PSP.

1) its Sony

2) the design is ridiculus

3) 1.8 gig mini disks

4) the design is awsome

5) mature games

6) did i mention the deisng

couldn't of said it better myself :) :D PSP all the way! :yes: :D

Nintendo DS - im a loyal supporter

i like my battery life, portable gaming is kinda meant to b used for a long time where theres no power available...so whats the use of 2.5hrs of battery life? :p

& the DS will hopefully b able to play Tetris :D

plus the PSP looks horrible, its far too big, the few games that r gonna b on it will also b on the PS2, the PSP will just have poorer graphics.

who can resist MarioKart games aswell! & F-Zero hopefully :happy:

VOTE DS

plus the PSP...far too big

The PSP is around the size of the GBA SP flipped open, which would put it around the size of the GBA.

And people need to stop basing there arguements on battery life, as Sony hasn't released the specs on battery life for the PSP yet (atleast not to my knowledge). And to keep with the topic, I voted PSP, but I'll probably end up getting both at some point in time, at the moment I'm still happy with my GBA. :D

Just clear one thing, I do believe, what was said about the PSP power, in a conference was something like this "pixel per pixel, the psp is more powerful than the PS2", (slightly) - wich means that IT IS NOT MORE NOR' AS POWERFUL AS THE PS2, it just means that for its screen it can deliver a set of instructions similar to the ones the ps2 can. Anyway, quality wise it looks great, both in gaming as in design.

Still, i'm a PC gamer above all, & the PSP games sp far look only as a rehash of the PS2 games "GT4, MetalGear : ACID" & so on,

On the DS part, it's the know How of Nintendo, combined with the innovative goodies, & let me tell you that I play a lot of GBA games on my Emulator, & there aren't many PS2 games I'd really like to play, just a few,

For me It would be the DS, I have an N-gage & gaming wise it sucks, (not that I bught it for that - but it still does - good try nevertheless - I hope it keeps evolving - If it'd just emulate GBA, & not just GB)

Still the new card I'm curious as to where it is a standart format or a commercial silution like an SD or something???

Oh - & keep in mind that the DS is still a non final prototype, so I should change considerably before the lauch

One thing I always loved about Nintendo was the design & the beauty of it's simplicity, & the DS is't there yet, I assume they are still worried with other things than the design part. Still...

let's wait & see

Oh - & keep in mind that the DS is still a non final prototype, so I should change considerably before the lauch

One thing I always loved about Nintendo was the design & the beauty of it's simplicity, & the DS is't there yet, I assume they are still worried with other things than the design part. Still...

let's wait & see

e3-2004-hands-on-nintendo-ds-200405110418968.jpg

DS Featureset -

DualScreen (approximatly the size of two GBA-SP's side by side - the size of the GBA )

One touchscreen

Clamshell design

Voice Recognition

GBA compatible

Powerful 3D capabilities (downplayed by nintendo) (only functions in either one of the screens)

(toon-shaded 3D to plasma flame effects to transparent sprite and background overlays)

Wireless technology, up to 16players in a local network

I'm equally excited for both of them, but voted PSP because of MGS, DMC, and GT. Like I said though, I'm equally excited about playing Metroid/Zelda.

why doz everyone think the PSP is huge....BECAUSE OF THE SCREEN!!!!!!!

the DS is a N64....do you think you would be able to play a N64 on a screen the same size of a GBA????

thats why i think the HUGE screen on the PSP is gonna be good as

PSP PSP PSP PSP PSP PSP all the way

They look to be going towards different people or such. The PSP is very PDA'ish, and so very expensive. The DS is cheaper and fully game oriented.

Edit: and alas, the PSP may be out of my preffered price range. If so I'd go DS, and it is indeed probable.

Edit 2: Metroid Prime : Hunters looks awesome on the DS. I can't tell the true visual quality due to the cruddyness of the video, but it still looks sweet.

Edited by Suddenly_Dead