Suse 9.1 etc for FREE

Sweet! :D I'll look at this when it arrives............if I can get my DVD drive working again :( Ordered linux 8.3 pro I think it was a few years ago........never got the hang of it though couldnt get on the net with it either :(

how long was it after you get this email:

Thank you for ordering the Linux Technical Resource Kit from the Novell Customer Communities. Your order has been received, and will ship within the next 7-10 business days.

This comprehensive Novell Linux collection includes the following on 3 DVDs (10 GB):

- SUSE Linux Professional 9.1 (Bootable Installation DVD)

- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (ISO Installation Images)

- SUSE Linux Professional 8.2 (Installation ISO images for use with Ximian Desktop)

- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)

- Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)

- GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)

- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)

- And more...

Please contact kwright@novell.com if you have any questions about your order.

Sincerely,

Novell Customer Communities

that you get the email saying it has been shiped.

thats weird !

I alredy got that mail 1 month (or might be 20 days) ago !

But I DON'T RECIEVE ANYTHING BY MAIL FROM NOVELL!

I didn't complain them (bcoz its free stuff)

Its been close to a month since I registered and havent recieved it yet! Although I recieved the confirmation mail 2 weeks back, havent recieved it! I am not sure what has happened!

Anyone from India recieved it ??? How did you get it ? By post, courier etc...

I am from Pakistan and i got my kit just a 1 week back. and i registered for that kit when this thread was started.

Umer.

Hungary checking in. Just got my set in today - shipping time was 3 weeks or so from when the Novell guy mailed me after the delay to add SLES 9 (vs SLES 8). It looks pretty. Installing tomorrow night ;)

NLTRK_Closed_thumb.jpg

NLTRK_Open_thumb.jpg

Don't worry - the white "marks" on the discs are just bits of cardboard/paper - the discs them selves, after pulling out, are 100% fine.

Ah well ur from Hungary so that might have something to do with the really long wait. I got my email today so I'm gonna say at least a week before it comes to me. (canada). And then I'll need to just wait it out till I get a dvd drive.

I noticed all the disks say EVALUATION ONLY... Does this mean they arnt the full thing? Or is that just saying you cant re-sell it.

I have (and others have, too) offered to share our copies of the Novell SUSE kit.

The closest person to you that is willing to share can probably send you thier set. :yes:

I'm sure if you're really interested, contact one of their customer support people. Seriously, big corps (IBM, Novell, Sun, etc) are always willing to help here or there, especially with demos and kits and such. Yeah there's a lot of marketing mumbo jumbo included (some of it is actually a decent read), but this is how these companies continue to help their name out in the world - and Novell is on this big push right now as they migrate from OldWorldMega NetWare to NewWorldMega Linux company.

Talk to Customer Relations or an Account Manager or something. This is what these people are there for.

:cry: im too late it says:

We appreciate your interest in the Linux Technical Resource Kit, offered by the Novell Customer Communities.

At this time we are not accepting any more orders.

Got my comfirmation today yes ima be a linux user again i used mandrake 8 before and i won redhat CD's one year but i would like to know if theres any drivers for my rockwell modem i'm not lookin for the modem drivers but for sound because with mandrake and redhat i wasnt able to hear no sounds because of the modem/sound combo

but heres the email comfirmation i got

D**** H*****,

Thank you for ordering the Linux Technical Resource Kit from the Novell Customer Communities. Your order has been received, and will ship within the next 7-10 business days.

This comprehensive Novell Linux collection includes the following on 3 DVDs (10 GB):

- SUSE Linux Professional 9.1 (Bootable Installation DVD)

- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (ISO Installation Images)

- SUSE Linux Professional 8.2 (Installation ISO images for use with Ximian Desktop)

- Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)

- Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)

- GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger (ISO Images)

- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)

- And more...

Please contact kwright@novell.com if you have any questions about your order.

Sincerely,

Novell Customer Communities