How good is your antivirus?

Question

Since most would like to argue bout what is the best antivirus. I decided to open this thread solely for testing your preferred antivirus. This is a compilation of a group of hackers.

*************WARNING*************

THIS IS NOT FOR THE SCAREDY CATS. THERE ARE ALL VALID VIRUSES. DO NOT OPEN THEM OR EXTRACT THEM TO ANY LOCATION. SAFEST METHOD TO TEST YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS TO SCAN THE COMPRESSED FILE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTION.

Here's a link to download an archive file containing the viruses. READ THE WARNING BELOW BEFORE CLICKING HERE

TEST THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

If you dare to take this challenge, do post the screenshots of the antivirus in action and please do not use any Photoshoping skills to manipulate the results.

Try to post at least the following information for others to evaluate

1) Program/scan engine version (Exm NAV 2004, AVG 6 Paid Version, SAV 9.0.0.338 and etc)

2) Any settings you changed

3) Screenshots (Optional as proof)

EDIT: Contrary to the filename which tells you 455 viruses, no it is not. Actual total is 593. If your antivirus detected them all, well done.

Edited by dreamthief

I just got a response from AVG tech support. He wants me to send him the files for testing.

I just submitted them all to the Trend Micro website :D

is the file somewhat safe to extract? eTrust 7 only gives me Zherkov.2968 which i assume is the last file and i want to see how many it gets.

I assume if you dont double click any of them it should be OK :huh:

Well Right now it seems Kaspersky is the best...seems like norton is doing good if there is only 594 virus in it, most people with it find 589-591.

I personally use Kaspersky 5 because it seems to have the best detection about and it's not intrusive.

Norton and McAfee keep off the main threats and means most people will never have to worry. The few viruses they don't detect are incredibly uncommon and are unlikely to affect anyone using those programs - saying that, if you're gonna pay for AV protection you may as well get a good one, as there are some pretty decent free AV programs about.

This is a quote from the email I got from AVG tech:

" Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

ALL 593 files was detected by latest version of AVG7 .

Best regards,

Robert Kapp

AVG Technical Support "

I don't understand it. Mine is fully updated and not getting that kind of result.

not a single one affected me. i didnt even need to scan. they just didnt open.

way to go linux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duh.

Anyway... I wonder what would happen if you jammed all these on a CD with an autoplay.inf, and then strolled into PC World with that disc... ;)

hmm help me :)

I'am pretty sure nothing would have happended if you didnt double click on any of them