Youvegotpost.com is reading personal mail!

Well then, I think Slashdot should /. this one.

Most assuredly.

How does one /. something....I've only ever seen one site bought down by /. and at the time I wasn't on /.'s side.

Chode - regarding the post condemning neowin on official spin, lets take two things into account:

1) neowin is the largest and most respected forum on the net, nobody can change that

2) does anyone ever even go on this officialspin website? it was already mentioned that this was simply a "propaganda" site used by the Youvegotpost admin to promote their own products

oh and ermm...

3) their site seems to be down :unsure:

EDIT: Ok, YouveGotPost is down too :unsure: :unsure:

I wouldn't be surprised if all BCC'd emails get scanned by some automated software for reusable stuff, like CC numbers (who sends that via email), Paypal account names, logins to whatever sites, and what not. Additionally I expect them to sell the email addresses you validified the account with (if that was a step).

,Jun 30 2004, 17:57] Chode - regarding the post condemning neowin on official spin, lets take two things into account:
1) neowin is the largest and most respected forum on the net, nobody can change that
110% agreed, but it's the principle of the matter.
3) their site seems to be down :unsure:

pwned?:cool::

If their site is down, I'd seriously hope no one from Neowin is causing them problems like that.

One bad thing doesn't deserve another.

If their site is down, I'd seriously hope no one from Neowin is causing them problems like that.

One bad thing doesn't deserve another.

Exactly. And if Neowin members are taking down other sites, its gonna make us look pretty bad.

Ah I wouldn't worry where we are in the top 84908374897 boards.

We all know Neowin pwnz them all. Plus when you are talking over 1 million posts and 50k members, does it really matter? lol

,Jun 30 2004, 14:54] You've Got Post Limited

Level 36, Menara Citibank

165 Jalan Ampang

Kuala Lumpur 50450 Malaysia

Email

Fax: +(60) 321.69.61.68

Maybe the next time my mum goes to Kuala Lumpur for her work-related matters, I will follow her. Then I will go to this address and then...

Ah I wouldn't worry where we are in the top 84908374897 boards.

We all know Neowin pwnz them all. Plus when you are talking over 1 million posts and 50k members, does it really matter? lol

No.

No it doesnt. :happy:

here is a good quote from Amy (Greg Lloyd Smith) to a YGP user who dared complain.....

Well, I am not sure there sas, I have logged into your account from the backend and I can see all of your folders and your emails, etc.

Yeah, I remember that one lol

She (he, it) was trying to help someone who couldn't log into their account I believe, or maybe was missing a folder that the user created. Either way....:|

Most respected forum? Hah! This is one of my least respected forums, ever. Well, to be presice, the forum itself is pretty damn good....good speeds, nice news layout / system, mods seem to be rather efficient....it's just the members here absolutely blow at times. Endless spam, half-brained trend-######, People who try to force what software they use onto others (Read: Constantly), people who seem to have a problem with letting people customize their computers how THEY want to, ust plain idiots....you name it, there's a few hundred members here that fall under X negative category. It's a shame such a good forum has such a ****ty userbase.

Anyone dumb enough to stay with that site when they get messages like that deserves what they get. Morons.

I think the point is that people are not staying with the site. And, while they're busy leaving, they also are making sure to tell everyone else to stay far away.

Most respected forum? Hah! This is one of my least respected forums, ever. Well, to be presice, the forum itself is pretty damn good....good speeds, nice news layout / system, mods seem to be rather efficient....it's just the members here absolutely blow at times. Endless spam, half-brained trend-######, People who try to force what software they use onto others (Read: Constantly), people who seem to have a problem with letting people customize their computers how THEY want to, ust plain idiots....you name it, there's a few hundred members here that fall under X negative category. It's a shame such a good forum has such a ****ty userbase.

If you do not like this place, why is it that you stay around?

I think the point is that people are not staying with the site. And, while they're busy leaving, they also are making sure to tell everyone else to stay far away.

Good point. (Y)

i agree, the site is full of ppl who just want to high post counts

it used to be good though, be oh well

I hope all of their problems come, if not from the law, from Free Speech itself. :yes:

If you do not like this place, why is it that you stay around?

Hmm, I don't recall ever putting in there, 'I do not like this place,' but I do remember stating that I think the general population here are utterly worthless posters the majority of the time. That doesn't mean there aren't reasons to stay, such as the News System I enjoy, easy access to completed visual styles and a place where you can sometimes get your PC customization questions answered.

There are a lot of threads about what post count X person has. Big deal, if someone cares, they'll see your post count and they can PM you.

Ridiculous amounts of replies are prettymuch spam or one-liners that add nothing to a thread. Posts such as 'I like it' or 'Good job' may be nice, but in the end they're worthless.

Say one bad thing about anything here and it seems like you get a special swat team for people with negative opinions deployed on you. It's ****ing ridiculous. You should feel fine voicing negative opinions here, as long as you do so in a respectable way. ex:

'Raum, I don't like you as a poster. I think you're very rude to certain people and most of your posts just are very worthwhile'

Rather than :

'Raum, go **** yourself. No one likes you, go die.'

Too lazy to type out the rest of the things that bother me about this place.

your user title is very apt.

Perhaps you are mistaking high post counts, for people who enjoy contributing to this site and helping others?

I dunno, I'm sure there are plenty of members here who are negative, or not so wonderfully constructive as to help the community grow. But I would guess there are oh, a lot more members who do contribute to the community and make it grow. And make Neowin one of the best online groups of people I have the honor of knowing these past 3 years.

Sorry if I sound wishy washy, it's 4:30 am, just got back from Spiderman 2 awhile ago and I'm tired. Sue me lol