Youvegotpost.com is reading personal mail!

Hmm, I don't recall ever putting in there, 'I do not like this place,' but I do remember stating that I think the general population here are utterly worthless posters the majority of the time.  That doesn't mean there aren't reasons to stay, such as the News System I enjoy, easy access to completed visual styles and a place where you can sometimes get your PC customization questions answered.

There are a lot of threads about what post count X person has.  Big deal, if someone cares, they'll see your post count and they can PM you.

Ridiculous amounts of replies are prettymuch spam or one-liners that add nothing to a thread.  Posts such as 'I like it' or 'Good job' may be nice, but in the end they're worthless.

Say one bad thing about anything here and it seems like you get a special swat team for people with negative opinions deployed on you.  It's ****ing ridiculous.  You should feel fine voicing negative opinions here, as long as you do so in a respectable way.  ex:

'Raum, I don't like you as a poster.  I think you're very rude to certain people and most of your posts just are very worthwhile'

Rather than :

'Raum, go **** yourself.  No one likes you, go die.'

Too lazy to type out the rest of the things that bother me about this place.

I really like this place. It is much less hostile than other sites I have been posting at and the moderators are not draconian or anything like that. They are not all ego driven power hungry people.

I like this site because they don't delete messages just because you have an opposing viewpoint, or because you suggest changes, or things like that. If you get messages erased or threads closed, you can appeal to other mods or admins. Some sites ban you outright for asking for an appeal. This place is great compared to other sites, at least in my opinion.

What other sites do you prefer to this one in terms of forum quality and moderation?

your user title is very apt.

And you're one of the very people I'm talking about.

'Oh noes! He said something negative! ######! Flamer! Troll! Begone back to ye woods you evil creature!'

I would tell you to go stick a specific part up your body up a specific orifice of yours, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. ;D

Kirk, yeah, I agree with you on a few things. This is a less hostile place, but then again it's a place where when you're about to say something negative about anything that isn't hated by the masses already you're gonna get called a trolling douchebag, in my opinion.

There are a few other places that have better userbases than this I think.

www.allrpg.com

This place is rather small, it's one of those everybody knows everybody places. But everything runs smoothly and the mods are fair. The users are all friendly to eachother, but if you have something against someone, you can easily tell them off, as long as you do it in a respectful manner.

There's another forum that everyone is extremely friendly and helpful to eachother, no one EVER flames one another. Everything is always on topic and you hardly ever see spam. I can't link to this forum though, I think it's against this sites policies.

Okay, back on topic then. Anyone who does something like tries to ddos their site is just as big a douchebag as the people behind this site imo. Take them down with legal measures, not childish ploys such as that.

/needsleep

Oh please don't turn this thread into a how much I love/hate Neowin. Keep that to another topic. No forum is perfect and when you have a large amount of people, everyone has different opinions. If you don't like it take a look at the 'big' off topic forums, now that's bad. Just to add, so I'm not posting something 'worthless'.

This just goes to prove that a lot of people take things for granted, you can't place 100% trust in a service or person you know almost nothing about. It's sad that they have had to do this, although I can't access any of the sites in question to see for myself for some reason. I always try to keep personal information to the phone or in person, but I do take my e-mail that is hosted by a company for granted and hope that they don't read my e-mails. I do pay them to let me keep my privacy somewhat.

Anyone who does something like tries to ddos their site is just as big a douchebag as the people behind this site imo.

Yes...as if a person would do that, hehehe :shifty:

Kidding. I got better things to waste my bandwidth on....well, not really, but I'm sure I'll find something to download.

In logging on to ygp, I got the following message;

There is no website configured at this address.

I truly hope that the site is down, for good. That said, I hope it is down for the right reasons, i.e. Greg Lloyd Smith now realizes that this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable and has decided to end his pathetic charade, and with it, his turd squeezing site.

I also am incredibly psyched that Neowin members pushed GLS to justify exactly why he had the right to violate his member's rights. I know a number of people wrote to him politely requesting he justify what he has done, and I would expect he didn't stand a chance in hell of responding with anything that resembled a reasonable answer.

Bravo.

I truly hope that the site is down, for good. That said, I hope it is down for the right reasons, i.e. Greg Lloyd Smith now realizes that this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable and has decided to end his pathetic charade, and with it, his turd squeezing site.

Some ****head acting like a flaming homosexual won't realize that so fast.

Bravo to my fellow Neowinians. Some good has been performed this day. :)

Bravo...

OWNED

This is an example of what calm thoughts can do to a website ;)

Well I don't know what happened to the site but I just find it hilarious. We didn't do it though, did we :unsure:

Were we ever even able to prove that they were reading user's emails?

Why not drop them an email and find out? :rofl:

oh, and dont forget to post the hilarious result here :laugh:

With the site down I doubt my email would go through. Plus the webmaster email address no longer exists.

I find this a tad bit ironic:

from this page

I'm an ardent campaigner for freedom of expression, defender of free speech and expression through the written word wherever under threat.

I ask, if you are an 'ardent campaigner for freedom of expression' and a 'defender of free speech', why would you delete posts, on one of your scam websites (youvegotpost; YGP), that suggested a different way of thinking than yours?

Jerk.

----------------

Anyways, I remember a few pages back someone said "spam them". I personally believe that that would be a dumb idea. What would that prove? However, Sending the admin an email or two informing them that reading peoples email is in violation of certain countries copyright laws, that I fully condone. Maybe someone should inform the webhost.