Legit, Free XP Pro

Just out of curiosity, did anyone do all this COMPLETELY legitimately, i.e. you really do work for a valid company and sell such phones and so on?

What do you think? :shifty:

Just got a reply back from Microsoft about not having enough points for anything above 1475.

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your inquiry. More training courses will be added to our site in the coming months and along with them the opportunity to earn additional points. Stay tuned!

Have a nice day,

Windows Mobile Training Support

Arg, wouldn't this be like false advertising or something?

heres an email an admin got from microsoft:

Quote:

Dear Martin:

Your Web site currently has a forum posting which encourages and assists readers to conduct inappropriate activity on a Web site my company, Via Training, operates on behalf of Microsoft Corporation. This posting, located at http://www.iamnotageek.com/history/topic/6...!!.html, is a comprehensive guide about how to fraudulently obtain prizes intended for retail sales professionals who sell Windows MobileTM Devices. The posting also encourages people to inappropriately refer others to the site.

The terms of participation in the Windows Mobile Training program are outlined in the site's terms and conditions document. Our team conducts regular fraud-prevention activities to ensure that only eligible users are rewarded for program participation. Without fraud prevention, these sites could not exist because we would not be able to reward legitimate participants.

While ineligible users may believe they will receive prizes, they won't. Prior to prize shipment, users must be verified as legitimate employees of the retail chains the training is intended for. Users who cannot demonstrate their employment at a physical retail location of a participating company do not receive prizes.

On behalf of Via Training and Microsoft Corporation, I request that you immediately remove all links and information from your site related to the Windows Mobile Training program. This posting merely wastes your site users' time because it erroneously states they will receive prizes. We would appreciate it if you would continue to monitor your site and remove this information if it appears again.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

His reply:

Quote:

http://iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?p=497976#post497976

I posted telling them not to waste their time, If you would like to prevent people from cheating simply change the test around a bit. Your best measure of fraud prevention will be to change the test.

My policy on my forum is to not delete threads. Please do not waste my time when there's a simple solution to your problem. Because you guys are too lazy to modify the test I will also be too lazy to modify my forum.

Just thought i would let you know you are wasting your time....unless you work somewhere.

I found this at: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=71642&page=2

heres an email an admin got from microsoft:

Quote:

Dear Martin:

Your Web site currently has a forum posting which encourages and assists readers to conduct inappropriate activity on a Web site my company, Via Training, operates on behalf of Microsoft Corporation. This posting, located at http://www.iamnotageek.com/history/topic/6...!!.html, is a comprehensive guide about how to fraudulently obtain prizes intended for retail sales professionals who sell Windows MobileTM Devices. The posting also encourages people to inappropriately refer others to the site.

The terms of participation in the Windows Mobile Training program are outlined in the site's terms and conditions document. Our team conducts regular fraud-prevention activities to ensure that only eligible users are rewarded for program participation. Without fraud prevention, these sites could not exist because we would not be able to reward legitimate participants.

While ineligible users may believe they will receive prizes, they won't. Prior to prize shipment, users must be verified as legitimate employees of the retail chains the training is intended for. Users who cannot demonstrate their employment at a physical retail location of a participating company do not receive prizes.

On behalf of Via Training and Microsoft Corporation, I request that you immediately remove all links and information from your site related to the Windows Mobile Training program. This posting merely wastes your site users' time because it erroneously states they will receive prizes. We would appreciate it if you would continue to monitor your site and remove this information if it appears again.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

His reply:

Quote:

http://iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?p=497976#post497976

I posted telling them not to waste their time, If you would like to prevent people from cheating simply change the test around a bit. Your best measure of fraud prevention will be to change the test.

My policy on my forum is to not delete threads. Please do not waste my time when there's a simple solution to your problem. Because you guys are too lazy to modify the test I will also be too lazy to modify my forum.

Just thought i would let you know you are wasting your time....unless you work somewhere.

I found this at: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=71642&page=2

Damn! I wondered why I wasn't recieving it! Oh God! Now Microsoft hates me and I'll never get a job there! :(

:p

k, I'm bored, so I read the terms of use thing, and found a few interesting things.

PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION.

Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.

so you can't use it for what it's designed for? alright, so now any people that took it for the actual training for selling something are violating it? Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong, but the first sentence seems like it's wrong.

Microsoft does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Microsoft specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services.

And they're not responsible for it, interesting.

If I interpreted those correctly, and unless I passed out somewhere in there, I don't remember seeing anything that says you can't use it for personal satisfaction of receiving free stuff. Sure someone gave the answers, that's just "morally wrong." Like the response said in the emails, they're setting fixed answers, and leaving it like that, that's a major flaw, and now they're facing the consequences.

I can't seem to find the "All Courses Test? to get the last set of points..

Edit: Looks like they don't have that anymore. Stupid thing.. Nothing for me to get now and I have 1350 points

Edited by Xylene

Anyone who really thinks they will get sth. will end up making the following face: :cry:

There is nothing coming, so don't wait. Instead MS got lots of names and adressess ... and emails.

Anyone who really thinks they will get sth. will end up making the following face: :cry:

There is nothing coming, so don't wait. Instead MS got lots of names and adressess ... and emails.

lol. Yup, so it seems :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

hey ladies,

dont want to excite all of you, but i just received my 2x Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer!! woohooo :p each worth ?45 here hehe... think they didnt check my details, company working (fake) for etc. Note maybe this only happens in the netherlands that they dont check, dunno how they process it in the UK or U.S.A .... so dutchies you might expect them anyday no:p:p.

woooooooohoooooooooooooooo:D::D::D:D

hey ladies,

dont want to excite all of you, but i just received my 2x Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer!! woohooo :p each worth ?45 here hehe... think they didnt check my details, company working (fake) for etc. Note maybe this only happens in the netherlands that they dont check, dunno how they process it in the UK or U.S.A .... so dutchies you might expect them anyday no:p:p.

woooooooohoooooooooooooooo:D::D::D:D

hey i just revieved mine here.. 2 mice..

and i thought they figured it out and decided to cancel it or something..

pff i got 2 new mice yay .. just gonna keep them sealed for a while..:ninja:a:

Damn! I wondered why I wasn't recieving it! Oh God! Now Microsoft hates me and I'll never get a job there! :(

:p

i wouldnt feel bad from what i heard with one of the guys i wokr with now its anal to the max and the beurocracy is to the point of silly and you never get any credit just your supervisor its liek a pyramid scheme if you make your manager look good enough he get promoted and you have a chance at his spot. he said he quit in 2 months.

^ hmm you are not alone

first I thought the post arrived with my dvd's :D.. not :no:

but then when I opened the box I was happy again :p

I did this the day this thread started.. Just got the info of another board.. and then later I realized it was posted here too :)

So where's the final test?

I have 1400 points. I didn't want Office or Windows XP (already own them).

But I was kind of hoping for maybe the keyboard & mouse combo.

Already own a Microsoft Optical IntelieMouse Explorer 3.0A & don't want or really need a wireless mouse.

Oh well, guess if I can't get the last 100 points, I'm going to be getting copies of Flight Sim 2004

and then hit them mostly on eBay.

For those of you who want to know, yes I do have my own company.

cool, i can't wait for my wireless mouse, should make a nice adition to my laptop. i had to give my optical explorer to my sister for college b/c she didn't have a mouse, so i'm stuck with a wired 3 button ball mouse :(

Next week will be my eighth week.. I hope it arrives soon :)

same here, i've been watching the mail. no sign of it yet, but i did get the sp2 cd :)