AutoStreamer Released! (v 1.0.29)

This is one of those applications that comes along once in a while and makes anything else like it seem like crap.

Then again is there anything else like it? People say use Nlite which can slipstream but I don't think that is nLite main purpose, it's just an extra.

What makes Autostreamer great is that:

1) It's ever so tiny...Not even over 600KB

2) Looks Superb

3) Easy to understand [?]

4) Easy to use

5) Does what it is supposed to do

Whilst I would do it all slipstreaming manually, I cannot fault Autostreamer.

Well done!

NOTE TO ALL: If your Dell CD fails to slipstream it's not because it's a restore CD, it just has some hotfixes slipstreamed in a funky way and it needs to be cleaned up.

ONLY if you boot from the XP CD will activation be bypassed if you have a royalty OEM's disk, e.g. Dell.

If you slipstream a SP on a royalty OEM's CD such as Dell's, the BIOS checking feature WILL be eliminated. When you slipstream, the program copies retail copies of certain files and those files do not have instructions on checking the system.

Dell tends to use one cdkey to deploy its XP installation on a whole range of systems. So, more than likely someone else has that cdkey as well. When you reinstall it doesn't matter which key you use - the one on the case or one on the Dell installation. They are both OEM keys.

I hope that clears up the confusion on page 9 :whistle:

I currently finished slipstreaming SP2 ontop of XP cd w/ SP1. I'm gonna try it out in VMWare and see how it works.

-Edit-

Finished installation and everything went well. I guess it's okay to slipstream SP2 over SP1.

Edited by Virtues of Evil

Great utility.

What you can expand on is additional features such as creating an unattend.txt file or basic information such as setting a name and/or key. With the simplistic tool I can create multiple versions of a slipstreamed disc with different keys (I have more than one computer with legal versions of XP pro).

Just an idea...

I love this program big props to you Raptor

i got all the stuff done in under 13 minutes

i looked at the size of the iso and compared it to the sp1 cd that i have. and it went from 514 to

594 MB. so i guess i downloaded 266mb of SP2 and got 80 out if it. so if im right sp2 had sp1 in it? oh well im a noob

this is pointless but i just feel like pointing it out

SP1

xpsp1cd.JPG

SP2

xpsp2cd.JPG

Not to deter from this program as it's got a very nice looking GUI... but it doesn't support sp2 yet which I'm sure it will in the future. I love autopatcher though and just found out about it maybe 2 days ago. Unfortunately I didn't get to find out about it much much soonder.

Anyway, a better tool for the time being seems to be nlite. I just used that program to slipstream sp2 and remove tons of useless optional components and my system ran just fine without them. The source of the cd after using nlite was 202 megabytes.

Here are some screenshots.

http://www.graphics-tech.com/storage/xp_sp2_01.jpg

http://www.graphics-tech.com/storage/xp_sp2_02.jpg

http://www.graphics-tech.com/storage/xp_sp2_03.jpg

Great program you guys have here though. Between nlite and autopatcher, neither are better than the other as both do different things but a great common ground that each share is that they're amazing little programs all self contained within themselves. Great job guys :)

I haven't tried this yet but was wondering if it could be expanded to also slipstream programs/games?

I really want to make a bootable DVD with a nice clean install of XP SP2 with all my apps and games installed but can't seem to do that manually, yet.

cool prog!, i just wanted to ask one thing tho, can i use this prog to slipstream my win xp french corp iso and french sp 2 (when it comes out) will it work? or its just got english iso and english sp2 ?

thnx,

i||uSi0n^

I know XP SP2 isnt OFFICIALLY out (I got mine from Windowsbeta), would that explain this?

the program jsut need an update... i think when the latest was compiled they didnt kno the final build number or someting...

the program jsut need an update... i think when the latest was compiled they didnt kno the final build number or someting...

Could be; it did spit out a bad ISO though so I dont know if its my XP CD or the SP2 file.. gonna try manually to found out and will report back :)

I'm attempting to use the program autostreamer with winXp sp2 and i get an error right after passing the first screen: runtime error 5 invalid procedure call. Anyone have any ideas to help me?

thanks, eric

Yeah this was created about a month ago and we didn't know the final build number for the official SP2 release. As for the runtime error I'm not sure. I will talk to Raptor and see if he has time to update a few things and push out a new version that will make these corrections.

Someone help me please what am I doing wrong I have used Autostreamer to make the ISO and saved it but when I burn it with Nero 6 Ultra Edition it won't work just opens up another folder with the same ISO in it. It should bring up the blue windows xp screen. What I did was just click file then new and created cd ISO should I be doing something else?

Thanks all

Hello nw_raptor,

First of all, your utility is something unbelievable useful... wonderful... a way to go dude !

Second thing... is there any chance you can reveal what's the name of that Windows Visual Style you are using (your first post with those screenshots), and can you post a link for download maybe ?

Thanks in advance and keep up good working ! :alien:

Regards !

- sugaman - you shouldn't just drag file and record CD, you should choose BURN IMAGE option and then point to location where your ISO file is located... otherwise, file will be just copied to CD in it's original ISO state... Hope this helps. :yes:

Edited by AlienX

You need to look at the options in Nero a little closer. You want to burn an ISO image to CD. All you did when you made your first copy was copy the image file to a CD, that won't work. I am not very familiar with Nero so I can't directly advise you. Just please open up Nero and look for options that sound like "burn ISO image to CD." Good luck.