Doom III is out there! W00T!

Hm - just phoned up my local branch of GAME and they say August 13th is their listed release date!! It has to be here sooner than that, surely!

Hm - just phoned up my local branch of GAME and they say August 13th is their listed release date!! It has to be here sooner than that, surely!

Sucks for J00. :p

So what you are saying is that i can download the whole game for my Linux? And were would that be possible if true?

No no.. the Linux binaries will copy pretty much all the data off your Windows version of Doom3, you won't download the entire game off the web. The Linux binaries themselves will of course be free.

this sounds retarded, but does anyone live in upstate NY and know of any locations to find doom3, i am checking at all the best buys today, i can't wait to get my hands on the game

this surely looks like the doorway to hell :devil:

Apparently it's the wormhole you go through when you go into a teleporter.. and you scream while you go through it :D

http://img1.uploadimages.net/285962shot00013.JPG

i think that is the most impressive screenshot of doom3 i've seen yet.

I didn't know the Doom Marine gets a colonoscopy.. chilling! :p

I guess that because you are in the UK the release date is a little later then North America.

Funny that, since Australia gets it on the 3rd of August, which is the 2nd of August in the US. Given that Australia is a little lower than the UK on the "global food chain", I thought we would get it later then UK, not earlier.

Will Doom 3 run native in Linux ?

Yes it will, all you will need is the Linux binaries which will be released shortly after Doom3. It's all over the thread.

I saw some screenshot, it looked like someone had already started playing with the Map Editor lol, there was about 90 monsters in one huge room, I couldn't imagine the stress being put on a video card from that heh

Does anyone have any links to any good screenshots (official or unofficial) of this game? I've seen a fair few and I have not really been impressed, so I am assuming/ hoping that all the screenshots I have seen have been from rather bad computers.

I know that graphics do not matter as much as gameplay, but with all this fusss about how this game will have arguably the best graphics for any game at this time, I'd like to see what all the fuss is about and see a screenshot that actually does this game justice.

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio/galle...oom_3/Trite.jpg

Check that one out?

wtf?? i definately dont get a video when i click on that link

HOLY COW!

Well, it WAS a video. A damn cool one. I'd host it but I'm on dialup.

It was someone messing around in multiplayer in Fraps.