Doom III is out there! W00T!

im runnign on high qual

and if i turn off VPU recover, it would just lock

VPU recover is whats bringing it back otherwise it would just lock the program and not bring it back so i can shut down the doom3

just increased my cache size to system managed (over 1GB page file) to hopefully unload the vid, main thing that i have noticed this happening on other games of mine, is cause the card is heating up.

Update

well im running it at desktop res of 1280X1024, still smooth single player high quality with comp specs in post farther up the thread.

to those that have it, what were you like after the crap went down, it made my heart race. i havent jumped yet, but i was tence cause of the battle chatter, and background music/mood music/backgroudn sounds.

no im not a skits kind of person, i played AVP 2 marines single player, suround sound, lights out, imediatly after watchign teh Aliens saga,

so far this game IS worth it

Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

sweet, just got my 6800gt the other day. im also completely rebuilding my system. hopefully all will be ready by the time i get the game in the mail.

Projected sys specs: p4 3.0e (oced to 3.8-4.0Ghz), P4C800-E dlx, 2x512MB Geil PC4200 Dual-DDR, eVGA 6800GT (oced to at least Ultra specs)

That should run it quite well at high quality with all other settings maxed at any resolution, even the unlockable 2048x1536 :woot:

Check the HardOCP Doom3 Hardware Guide to find out how. (dont know if anyone already mentioned this)

i cant wait !! :D

some of those screens suggest a heavy similarity with system shock 2, damn, I think Im going to like this game a lot more thatn I expected, I just hope that its not a ripoff

lol at this faker pretending to have the game with his "non specific" references to the "**** going down"

LOL LOL LOL :rolleyes:

faker, look at the screens, including the one with the box, that i posted earlier in the thread.

*Update*

game is runnign stable now at 1280X1024, guessing it has to do with increasing the cache to system managed size which puts it to over 1GB page file.

going to defrag tonight. only slow down at that res is when some doors open.

also there are still no multiplayer servers up, buessing those who did get it, are playing single.

oh there were refrences tot eh chainsaws and why they are on mars, it seems they orderd jackhammers, and got chainsaws, the PDA logs give that explanation,

Also those tho got it, int he begining, go to the cafateria, there is a Chicken punch game, where you punch a chicken (or turkey) anythign familiar with it, lol i actually played it till i got up to 3K points, then moved on

faker, look at the screens, including the one with the box, that i posted earlier in the thread.

*Update*

game is runnign stable now at 1280X1024, guessing it has to do with increasing the cache to system managed size which puts it to over 1GB page file.

going to defrag tonight. only slow down at that res is when some doors open.

what are your specs?

time to get a new amd 64 2800+ with ati 9800xt is coming near ...........rushes to newegg.com[damn too bad they dont sell outside U.S.]

Farther up in the thread i posted that my specs are

AMD XP 3000

1G Kingston HyperX DDR 333 on 2 512 chips

BBATI 9700 Pro

2 120GB MAxtor HDD's running in RAID-0

running game smothly at 1280X1024 with studder only when opening certian doors ( High Quality Settings )

also playing on marine difficulty and ammo is scares (had to take on a Imp with a pistol, not fun)

also i like how they resolved the Corpes, when they die, most (depending on what you shoot them with) just burn away imediatly like ashes or soemthing, foudn that out when i killed 2 imp with shotgun, was looking all round for couple minuts after killed the first one, cause it disapeard and thought it got back up.

lmao there should be an open mouth insert foot smilie

yea i thought so to, after i replied i saw his post was changed.

thinking of actualy going to sleep now,c ause its after 4AM here. been playing and updating here all night so far.

Farther up in the thread i posted that my specs are

AMD XP 3000

1G Kingston HyperX DDR 333 on 2 512 chips

BBATI 9700 Pro

2 120GB MAxtor HDD's running in RAID-0

running game smothly at 1280X1024 with studder only when opening certian doors ( High Quality Settings )

also playing on marine difficulty and ammo is scares (had to take on a Imp with a pistol, not fun)

also i like how they resolved the Corpes, when they die, most (depending on what you shoot them with) just burn away imediatly like ashes or soemthing, foudn that out when i killed 2 imp with shotgun, was looking all round for couple minuts after killed the first one, cause it disapeard and thought it got back up.

great, that means that I could play smoothly at that res in high with my system, good to see a good optimized game

yea i thought so to, after i replied i saw his post was changed.

thinking of actualy going to sleep now,c ause its after 4AM here. been playing and updating here all night so far.

yeah i noticed his post changed quickly after ur reply. at least ur ahead of the game working out any problems with ur install. knowing ur running on 9700pro gives me hope that i can sit tight with mine for a little while. congrats on ur early score. :)

A few hours into the game now, and i'm really disappointed. Sure it looks pretty amazing (FarCry for me is *still* more visually impressive) but the gameplay is seriously lacking. I can't believe how easy this game is. I'm expecting alot of whiplash from saying that from the "Doom is the Messiah" brainwashed individuals, but whatever. I am quite impressed by the sound of the game, in a dark room and with a good surround setup, its really immersive in that aspect. While everything is well detailed, it really lacks a solid feeling of realism (like the walls, the floors, etc) all feels very plastic. Also the movements of the creatures aren't at all impressive.

So, my feelings on the game so far:

Graphics 7/10

Sound 10/10

Animations 4/10

Scare Factor 10/10

Challenge 5/10

I'm hoping as I progress a bit further things get more interesting, and possibly more difficult.

I bet you dont even have the freakin game :D

yea while i was in buest buy i was debating on picking up a new card, but running it at the rez im at now, and the game is capped at 60, i may just see how high i can go (AA and FFSA) then reporting what i find, but leary with it lagging when opening certian doors, i may jack it down some incase somethign is actually behind those doors. but so far i think that only happend once. i tell you this, this is an intence game as far as the starting, and panicing when you get low on ammo.

(Recomendation's below for system to play)

If you use customized Paging File, let Windows manage it, i had it to 768MB paging file, no more, no less, crashed everyonce n a while, guessing to much data was being swaped, changed it to system managed, and so far it doesnt crash.

tommorow i will edit the cfg to show frames, and let you know how im gettign as of now, then ill jack my AA FSAA (now disabled) and give a frame count on that.

IMHO almost everybody's comp specs iv seen from post sig's, you should be able to run this fine. you might not be able to go ballz tot eh wall FSAA or AA, but its not noticable, your mroe paying atention to what might come out of the shadows (there are alot) and hunting for ammo to notice.

(BTW) im wearing headphones for now ( Sony MDR-CD888 ), will go downstairs sometime and get my Klipsch 4.2 Surround. but the headphones and lights out are really really good as it is.

Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

I wonder if it works better on nvidia than ati, i heard sumthin about it was nvidia optimized ;)

i heard that also, but nowhere on teh box does it have the Nvidia logo, Nvidia got better bench scores caus ethey have a better OGL driver, ATI is currently rebuilding their OGL driver from scratch because of those scores.

but the game is capped at 60, and is smooth with my setup, and rez runningat.