John Titor

he says tat he is from 2036.

he says that he was 31 when he was sent on a time travel mission.

he says he was born in 1998.

wtf ? has he forgotten his maths or wat ?

The future uses base-12 math. Way more efficient!

The British were different. For one thier country was accross an ocean, so any real troops needed to be transported for months, any resupplies had to be transported for months, we were on our own land we didn't have the same problems. Plus they were also going against the French as well, ours and thier weapons were the same so there wasn't much of a land based advantage for either side. We damn well better have won against the British.

The military does not brainwash anyone, at least if they were trying it didn't work on me, or is that what the want me to think?

However if they wanted to go tyrannical theyd do it all slow like not just in one day. First they'd start slowly taking away rights until we couldn't put up a good fight, then they'd tell the population how the few left fighting were dangerouse to them and do thier best to keep us unpopular.

I don't think we could really take out the government if they went tyrannical anymore because the disparity would be too great in abilities. They'd have the ability to move mass men and equipment quickly we wouldn't. They'd have all the weapons we wouldn't. Back in 1775 there wasn't a huge difference in firearms, now there's a huge difference in them, if all semi-automatic rifles happened to be banned before they took control I don't care how many people you get on your side you will lose going up against semi-automatic and full-auto weapons.

Satalite tracking, night vision goggles, body armor, supplies, air superiority, we would lose bad.

the greatest threat to us this century is / are / will be terrorism.

why in gods name would the US or indeed ANY western government decide to go against their people?!!

it just wont happen, its not good for them, its pointless.

i was believing all this at first, but now i think about it (and as a postgraduate in finance and international economics, for ANY government, be it western, america, england, whatever- the people make the country, so it serves absolutely zero benefit for them to start doing everything Mr Titor is saying will happen.

worst case scenario, is indeed Russia and China forming alliance, but again this would never happen.

Civil Wars are usuall fought over one thing: money and land...okay, two things.

it seems strange.

saying that though, if Bush wins again, then we're all going to die.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

the greatest threat to us this century is / are / will be terrorism.

why in gods name would the US or indeed ANY western government decide to go against their people?!!

Let's replace "western" with modern:

Extreme amounts of civilian deaths for various reasons:

China

Russia

Germany

Italy

Yugoslavia

Iraq

Civil Wars that while they were small and failed where none the less revolts:

American Indians

Canadian Indians

Current "Civil Wars":

Spain [still on going the opposition is now referred to as "terrorists"]

Israel

Various spots of ethnic cleansing:

Sudan

Simple fact is if there ever was a revolution/civil war in America it would have to be fought with terrorist tactics. It would take years and years and most likely could only be won by the revolutionaries if large groups of the Military figured out they where killing those they swore to protect. I think that would not happen because so far in America we do "brain wash" the military to follow orders. If some one does not follow an order because they feel it is illegal or wrong [see Nuremburg] they are court marshaled or made criminals [see "deserters" from going to Iraq]. So far "Victors" never have to face war crime tribunals. Lastly the Military would consider any "civil" war participants to be "terrorists" and therefore never realize they are the ones who are the terrorists due also in part to the fact they have the larger number and are the ones in charge.

When did any Crime against the government or a business; or persons of dissent or protesters get called terrorist?

When did reality break down and make it where you can fight a war against a tactic?

Why have Americans forgotten the thoughts and ideas of the great thinkers of our past for the stupid and rash thinking from people of the present? [see some quotes in my signature]

Either way this guy is a fraud but do not deny that while in America we profess to Freedom and yet ever more increasingly shout down dissent or even make dissenters to be "evil", "wrong", "un-American", or possibly criminal.

What I find funny is we're always just a *few* people away from becoming a dictatorship. I realized while I was in the army that everything rests on everyone following orders, but what happens they day they don't?

What if Bush(for example not saying he wants to or would) just came out and sayed "no elections ever again for x reason", what do you think would happen?

If you think he would be arrested on the spot, or kicked out of office you're probably wrong. See even though there are laws that prevent him from doing that they're just paper. So lets say Bush decides no elections, now some people he's appointed or is in leagues with will probably support him as well. Some of the Joint Chiefs may follow and with them a part of the armed forces. See congress and the house could whine all they want but do they really have any power? Nope.

Because democracy itself is always hanging on by a thread, all the laws we set up can be erased just by one person saying "**** the law" and there's not a thing we can do about it.

A revolutionary war in the US is very possible.

Okay, but replace "dissent" with "free thinkers"

the nature of freedom, of America is that you have the right to chose.

What Titor is saying is that at some point NEXT YEAR, the president (most likely Kerry) will take away your basic civil liberties to protect you all from the threat of terrorism while using the terrorirsm story as a cover for his own benefit!?

that makes precisely ZERO sense - at only a handful of points does John Titor make mention of OUTSIDE Terrorirsm...no wait...HE DOESNT ATALL.

the point, i think is that John Titor is Michael Moore - he doesnt like the idea of big government.

if Bush wins we're screwed and at some point down the line America WILL be involved in a worldwide war, but an american civil war?!

no chance - and thats coming from a very well educated scotsman who has been to america tons of times and understands international law and economics.

the phrase is then:

"HOLLA!!!!"

:woot: :woot:

International law has nothing to do with a coup or revolution.

Titor might be Moore however.

And I agree that there probably wont be an American cival war just because no-one here wants to fight, and I don't think the government will turn on us for that matter.

on the contrary - International Law has EVERYTHING to do with civil liberties.

a country would shape their constitution or laws, or ammend them based on worldwide events 50% of the time, and 50% of the rest on matters within themselves.

so if Titor is claiming that the US Government is going to all of a sudden, or slowly or whatever over the next 14 months, take away their people's civil liberties and noone does anything, then that is total bull.

its a man who doesnt like Government in general - not just Bush.

he hates the idea of being told what to do by other people - he was probably one of those kids in his class (in god knows what year) who was a pain in the neck to teachers because he knew better and didnt like authority.

plus, if he claims to know so much about the future and how it is so dismal, why does he constantly go after the American government?

just this once, I would like to hear from someone about a nice, rosy future for us all.

But the idea of a coup or going tyrannical goes against all law yet it still happens and no-one ever truely steps in.

Where was the world when Saddam took power of Iraq? Where was the World when China killed those people at Tiannemen Square? Where is the world in Uzbekistan? N. Korea?

Truth is the world won't get involved unless certain conditions are met:

Will they be next?

Will it be easy?

Resources to exploit?

Most of the time the world deems intervention to costly both in money and loss of life to even bother.

you hit it dead on there.

"why bother".

there is no reason for it.

meh, i think he dislikes big government and has setout to cause distruption, and oh look!

he has.

government is not inherintly evil; its the people who criticise and look for the mistakes and when they find the mistakes they exploit them; they're the ones that will bring us all down.

to be honest - John Titor sounds like an honest to god Communist Bible Basher - the first ever?

loving each other and religion?

pah.

so if Titor is claiming that the US Government is going to all of a sudden, or slowly or whatever over the next 14 months, take away their people's civil liberties and noone does anything, then that is total bull.

Where have you been? They've been slowly taking away people's liberties for years, mostly due to the wonders of lobbying.

so is there any solid proof to either deny or backup the titor thing yet?

:huh: No, no real way to prove it. Just is a very complicated hoax, if it is a hoax. Maybe someone from GE will leak something -- then again they will go back in Time and silence them.

Hey, what a b33sh1t, time travel in the past is possible, but you can't alter anything, just like movie theater. such things being discussed many times, people still fall into that :rolleyes:

P.S. Yeah, apart from civil war expect the sun explode in 2006, so don't save r money :D

One more thing: don't forget about asteroids!!!!!!!!!they gonna kill us all

Hey, what a b33sh1t, time travel in the past is possible, but you can't alter anything, just like movie theater. such things being discussed many times, people still fall into that :rolleyes:

How do you know?

Depending which theory you follow, there's a thing called Circular Dependency. Means the action of altering the past is integral to the timeline, so your appearance in the past is a necessity of the follow up events to lead to your timetravel to the past.

Others say your appearance in the past would just split off into another parallel universe (quantum theory).

If it is a hoax the guy has done his homework and is very careful.

I read thru this stuff and I actually find personally bothersome how ambigious it all is. He doesn't really seem to slip up letting you know it is bull, even though there are things that sound too far fetched to me.

The prime principle does seem plausible to me. If the world has de-centralized so much and in so many ways reverted to communalistic values and social structures I find it hard to believe that an infrastructure capable of producing a time machine would exist. His time machine uses two singularities to work, that's going to take one hell of a physics lab to invent and find it hard to believe that such a lab really could exist or even be funded in the world of 2036 he describes.

Guys, most of us here are computer geeks, right? I skimmed through john titors website and apparently he came here for an IBM 5100 computer... Maybe we should investigate what that was all about. If he is right about UNIX having a problem in 2038 (we'll have to analyze the kernel), then pray to God that Kerry becomes the president and not Bush...

any one with an ibm 5100 out there? help us stop WWIII...

I'm pretty sure he was uncovered as a phony (though it wouldn't take much effort to guess that) when someone found the plans to his "time travel device" and it turned out to be just some random object that the guy added some fake stuff to. I know this because one of my friends used to visit that website constantly and all the other sites related to him.