John Titor

Therein lies the monkey wrench...

Even moreso is the problem was already well known before John Titor started talking about it so again the existence of the flaw does not validate John Titor as being real because anyone in the UNIX circle had the capacity to know about the flaw.

I'm pretty sure he was uncovered as a phony (though it wouldn't take much effort to guess that) when someone found the plans to his "time travel device" and it turned out to be just some random object that the guy added some fake stuff to. I know this because one of my friends used to visit that website constantly and all the other sites related to him.

I do not believe his claims have been completely debunked. There are still whole forums of people looking for ways to do just that. Do you have a link a site about the fake nature of the device?

Are we seriousely trying to debunk Mr. Titor?

Surely the burden of proof rests on him and him alone because he's the one making the claims.

If the burdon of proof is indeed not on him to prove he's a time travelor but on us to prove he's not then we'll I'm also a time traveler, I'm from the year 0 ATM(after time machine) went back in time and offed Adam and am all of your great, great, great..... fathers.

Prove me wrong.

Surely the burden of proof rests on him and him alone because he's the one making the claims.

If the burdon of proof is indeed not on him to prove he's a time travelor but on us to prove he's not then we'll I'm also a time traveler, I'm from the year 0 ATM(after time machine) went back in time and offed Adam and am all of your great, great, great..... fathers.

Prove me wrong.

You want to can get into the "prove it" game...prove you exist and are not just a figment of my imagination.

There was a reason Doc told Marty to never cause himself attention in the future.  :rolleyes:

People have been paranoid for thousands of years.

You are lucky, judging by your sig ...

eppisode3.jpg

I am guessing you are at...

Fort UF, which is now called the University of Florida.

You're safe :D.

You want to can get into the "prove it" game...prove you exist and are not just a figment of my imagination.

That's easy all I have to do is kill you, once you're dead and I'm still alive than that would prove that I was not a figment of your imagination, however that doesn't prove that you're not a figment of my imagination.................

Prove me wrong.

Well in all fairness he presented more evidence than his say so. Perhaps I'm being naive but I'd feel more comfortable if he was proven to be lying or insane (whatever). I already assume he is mistaken.

:rolleyes: I wonder what anyone would accept as proof. A video of his truck going *poof* into nothingness ? People would say it was faked. A solid prediction ? Many would say it is coincidence.

I thought the most interesting bit was the General Electric 'manual', documents. An extra touch to be only a fake.

And I doubt, as a Time Traveler, I'd care if I was believed or not. John prob. did not want to be too widely believed, and possibly captured/interfered with -- if indeed he was from the Future.

I will accept nothing less than a civil war in a few months as proof. Wasn't this before 9/11? And nothing was really said about that. A slightly significant event, I'd think, since it's directly led up to the incredible tensions for this year's election.

Well, not to be rude, but I dont believe it. I mean, I can take a month or even less to think of something like this, and pull someone into it and make them believe it.

I guess I should come clean. Yes I am TimeTravel_0. I was hoping to put this mystery to rest and stop all this madness you people have gone through to try to prove or disprove my existence. My real name is Samson Rodriguez. It all started as an elaborate hoax that me and my friends thought up. I am only in college and would like to apoligize to all of you who have defended me as a real person. My "time machine" was nothing more then a few junk items we found in a trash dump where we found all our supplies for the hoax. Again I apoligize for all the work you have put into this and thank you again.

Signing off one last time,

John Titor

fake but a good read

What type of money system do you have on your world line?

Its not very different than it is now. Yes, we have money and credit cards.

However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking

is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational

banking or computerized economic systems. There are also no income taxes.

THEN MOVING DOWN THE PAGE

Is there an IRS?

Yes, we pay taxes. Sounds like you don't enjoy keeping track of your

personal income taxes. I don't think anyone does.

:whistle:

I'm more inclined to doubt the authenticty of the poster in that link given above. One thing that could be said of the initial Titor readings is that they were almost faultless. However, in just that short forum post given in the link, I immediately spot a spelling mistake. Plus the entire 'tone' of the writing doesn't match to the original author.

That said, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the John Titor eposide was a very (in fact, extremely) well crafted and engineered hoax, but alas, nothing more than that.

The brilliance of it really was that he volunteered very little information, but rather responded to the questions of others. By the very fact that an individual asked a question in the first place shows that they are already willing to at least consider believing a response, or at the very least contemplate it.

As for the individual above who claimed he could do the same thing within a month or less, I think you over-estimate your skill. You couldn't even punctuate your post correctly. A mistake that the original Titor was very careful to avoid. Further enhancing the impression of credibility, control and intellect.

One of the best things I have seen in some time and I positively applaud the planning behind it.

i believe this is very true, i read all about John Titor about a year ago and his story sound legit. If it is true, we're in for a world of hell in the next 10 years, if not so be it <shrug>

Some people are just too gullible. Experience tells me it's way too much that I'd like to. Please, earth, explode from inside out and put this crap to an end!

it's something to take with a grain of salt, for sure, but honestly, who would take the time to doctor the pictures, diagrams, and documents for a hoax like this? no one is going to get any credit for it. if it truly is a hoax, the person would only have done it to know if he could fool a large number of people on a topic like this. it just seems unlikely that someone would go to these lengths to fool people they don't even know on the internet. the argument is convincing and i choose to believe it until i hear, feel, or experience otherwise. i really hope what "titor" says comes to fruition, it's about time something like that happened. a "thinning of the herd" if you will. i'm just glad i'm at UF, because if sh*t starts hitting the fan as in titor's "prophesy" then everything we know and believe will be turned upside down and UF will be one of the safe-havens.

i believe this is very true, i read all about John Titor about a year ago and his story sound legit.  If it is true, we're in for a world of hell in the next 10 years, if not so be it <shrug>

I'd say we're already well on the path towards a world of hell.