John Titor

The theory is that the future and the past have already happened. I guess you could think about it as an electrical impulse going down a wire. However, if you "time travel" you might not be able to go forwards or backwards in time but just to a parallel universe.

This stuff could be a bunch of bullsh*t but I'm not ready to dismiss it out of had. Someone said it has similarity to a game plot but how do you explain these apparent predictions?

I explain them as just that, predictions.

Kinda like:

I predict there will be a huge earthquake in California in 2026

In 2029 Aliens will make first contact with humans starting in the best coumtry ever which is Luxemburg.

In 2030 the US will attempt to gain control over the aliens through UN resolutions and ho to war with Luxemburg after the said resolutions do not pass, American Flag waving will ensue.

Now that I've made the predictions it's up to you to prove them wrong, since you can't because obviousely the dates haven't happened yet you will just have to take my word on it. This is what Titor does, however he does have a cooler back story so here's mine.

When I was 12 during the year 2225 my family and I were on a routine space fold from Mars to a outpost on a large planet orbiting 2M1207. My family were scientists and expeditions like this are routine enough to facilitate bringing family members aboard. During the fold our time was frozen and all the occupants of my ship "the Pegasus" were taken by an unknown alien species. I was sent here, more specifically to 1992. I think it has to do with my fond memories of this era so much was going on in the 1990's from our viewpoint expecially when looked at from our perspective. See planetary travel is not only possible but probable, up until my incident 12 years ago we were sure that no alien life existed, we have genetically altered ourselves to be free of all known diseases and mankind was unified under one banner. Not so in the 20th century, at the time you had some very bright minds thinking up brilliant theories which one day would enable us to travel the stars, cure disease, end poverty, but at the same time you had people hated eacj other for syupid reasons such as nationality or religion(which also doesn't exist in my time). The 20th century was my favorite time period because it was not as unlivable by my standards as say what you would call the dark ages were.

Well the aliens explained to me that there are hostile aliens about as well and that we had been selected to futher "advance" our plant so that when the time comes we will be more prepared to deal with the threat but since I was 12 I guess I wasn't qualified enough to do anything and got sent to 1992, the era of enlightenment were people were finally catching on about science and finally ditching those rediculous clothes. My father ended up working with the military in the 70's to devlop nuetron bombs, my mother was sent to 2030 where she will make advancements in space folding, my older brother will be working with a Canadian company that deals with cloning in an effort to speed up our genetic research. It's exciting because he will actually be here in my time period while my father died before I even arrived, although it's odd that I have to wait for him to arrive while in reality everything he's done has already happened from time's standpoint.

Many events have already passed which were affected by time travelors, the aliens tell me they actually created the Babylonian culture but left due to apparent Xenophobia from our species. They chose our ship because they felt our presence many times during space folds, which bring all points of space together for an instant or eternity depending on your standpoint and these aliens now exist in that realm exclusively, I guess they found us likeable.

Currently I've been living in foster homes and the like since I was picked off the streets at 12 and am basically passing time until my brother gets here where I hope to meet up with him again. I am uncertain why they simply didn't send me with a member of my family or sent me back to my ship, maybe they have an ulterior motive? Maybe by being here and speaking of alens I will help reduce the fear of them enabling them to make contact sooner? I don't know but feel free to ask me questions regarding anything you wish, just bear in mind I was 12 in my time period so my teachings only go to around 2050. I was joking about thee alien contact however California will see a big earthquake in the year I mentioned.

John Titor, John Connor from the Terminator movies. If you read the site and remember what he says then watch Terminator 2 you'll be like wow, that guy is a focking tard. Like the one about the 6 billion? deaths. And computers crashing and blah blah blah.

Complete Bull.

I explain them as just that, predictions.

Kinda like:

I predict there will be a huge earthquake in California in 2026

In 2029 Aliens will make first contact with humans starting in the best coumtry ever which is Luxemburg.

In 2030 the US will attempt to gain control over the aliens through UN resolutions and ho to war with Luxemburg after the said resolutions do not pass, American Flag waving will ensue.

No, I'm talking about very specific discoveries in physics which have already been discovered or published as theories as of today only they were not mentioned/published when the supposed predictions were made. It should be quite easy to verify when the predictions were actually made and when the scientific articles/papers where published by using the waybackmachine.

In the future, do some research before looking like a fool. I'm not talking about his predictions about the future. I'm talking about the physics behind the time machine. If what he mentions regarding the physics of his time machine turn out to have been discovered after he mentioned them, he is either a psychic or has knowledge of the future that we do not have and may have come from the future.

The way I see it, this is either an elaborate hoax by someone in the scientific community with early access to information concerning research in this area or he really is a time traveller.

If someone with time could check the pages in the waybackmachine, we would find out if it is an simple hoax for a game or one of the two possibilities I mentioned.

Your predictions cannot be verified by us today since they are in the distant future whereas these predictions can be verified concerning current events in science since they were supposedly made in the past.

Edited by aristotle-dude

If John Titor was a time traveller, it does not necessarily mean he would be from our time line/universe. Some of the current theories about time travel suggest that if you travelled into the past or future, you would not actually be travelling into your own past or future but an alternative past/future in an alternate universe within an infinite multi-verse collection of universes.

Man you people are willing to dismiss something without doing any research. Are you all a bunch of lazy teenagers or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i agree aristotle. People read 1 paragraph and think they know everything.

Also, a big difference between our past and John Titor's past is that the Y2K bug did not affect us in any way. This event (or lack of) could change our futures quite significantly. Assuming all of this is true.

snip

The problem most intelligent people have is they think that no-one else could possibly know what they know unless they're in the field. It's a natural human trait actually.

Th dessimination works like this:

The first people to "know" something are those actually doing it.

The second people to "know" something are the people that rabidly follow the people that know.

Then people in the field learn later after the information is verified or deemed safe to release.

Then people start learning about it in school.

Then after a long time it becomes common knowledge.

People think that since Titor used some fancy words and some new theories that he was from the future. OK. Whatever. Thing is the info WAS already out there before Totor started using it as his claims. Just because someone reading a current physics book doesn't know it doesn't mean it wasn't out there, just like back in 1988 when Janes had nothing on the stealth bomber and it was top secret there were still civilians that knew about it. How it didn't come out until Desert Storm? Well they follow the freaking field, put together bits and pieces from variouse sources, have seen them fly. Just because something's not in the general publics domain doesn't mean it's not attainable.

So if you want to think J. Titor is in the "know" because he knew of something before it was published in Scientific American(which is a good read from time to time) than fine, but that doesn't make him a time travellor or a genius.

Hi, my name is Ron Titor, I come from 2049 from the United Colonies of America.Our president was assassinated by the Australian Communist Party (ACP) which led our world into mass hysteria. My father is a banker, he has entrusted me with finding a good home for his money with someone from the past who can help return peace in our world. If you will lend me your bank account you will get a sizeable cut of the money when it is safe and will get to time travel. You can trust me as I am Nigerian.

Hi, my name is Ron Titor, I come from 2049 from the United Colonies of America.Our president was assassinated by the Australian Communist Party (ACP) which led our world into mass hysteria. My father is a banker, he has entrusted me with finding a good home for his money with someone from the past who can help return peace in our world. If you will lend me your bank account you will get a sizeable cut of the money when it is safe and will get to time travel. You can trust me as I am Nigerian.

Wow, somebody combining the concept of the Nigerian scam with the John Totor hoax. What a shocker :o .

:rofl:

Everything logical in my being tells me that it should be a fake.

But it is compelling.....I am not generally gullible, but I find myself unable to dismiss his story as false.

If it is a fake, someone should make a movie about it. Teach the original "author" to better put his talents to use when suddenly someone random makes millions from his idea. Or if it is real......well, why am I thinking of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"

Everything logical in my being tells me that it should be a fake.

But it is compelling.....I am not generally gullible, but I find myself unable to dismiss his story as false.

Yeah, someone went to a bit of trouble for a hoax, if it is one.

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

WHAT CIVIL WAR???

Guys, most of us here are computer geeks, right? I skimmed through john titors website and apparently he came here for an IBM 5100 computer... Maybe we should investigate what that was all about. If he is right about UNIX having a problem in 2038 (we'll have to analyze the kernel), then pray to God that Kerry becomes the president and not Bush...

any one with an ibm 5100 out there? help us stop WWIII...

584393254[/snapback]

Here is a link to an article on John Titor's site that is concise about the subject.

Rochester magazine

.....His real mission, he said, had been to travel to Rochester, Minnesota in 1975 and make contact with his grandfather, an engineer on the team in charge of developing a computer called the IBM 5100, which Titor needed to acquire. He claimed the 5100's future value came from an ability that hadn't been revealed by IBM upon its release, and that this then unknown function was required by scientists in Titor's time to resolve a computer problem they'd encountered. .....

"I watch every day what you're doing as a society. While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you.

"Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that."

post-75677-1098384478.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.postbulletin.com/magazine/2004/08/index.shtml

But maybe more importantly, the roots of the civil conflict that eventually turned nuclear will soon take hold, and will be caused by an upcoming event at year's end, he warned, most likely the presidential election.

alrite, lets see what happens now....

U.S. remains deeply divided day after vote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ainsdeepandwide

Source: http://www.postbulletin.com/magazine/2004/08/index.shtml

alrite, lets see what happens now....

U.S. remains deeply divided day after vote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ainsdeepandwide

584857594[/snapback]

Well, the vote was mostly split between the rural vote going for bush and metropolitan city vote going for Kerry.

It kind of matches what John Titor said about the cities being their enemy.

Now let's assume that time travel was possible, what if he came from a different time line where Bush and won the popular vote but lost the electoral college votes by loosing Ohio.

Such an out come might have divided your country even more than it is now along rural versus city. Apparently, there was quite a large contingent of "born again" christian voters which had not voted in the previous election. They probably swung the states that were close (Ohio, New Mexico, Iowa) and gave bush a significant lead in popular votes.

Maybe there is something to learned here. People living in cities should not take for granted the rural communities which provide the means for production and are the main engine of your economy. If you supported Kerry, you should not be bitter and you should refrain from name calling or perpetuating negative stereotypes of those who live in rural communities.

I think many people living in rural communities view city dwellers as arrogant, lazy, immoral and selfish. My advice would be not to reenforce that belief with inappropriate comments directed towards people living in the countryside.

Edited by aristotle-dude

Now that bush as won, i couldnt help thinking about this hoax. Even someone on BBC mentioned the word civil war but he talked about it in metaphorical terms that this has been going on for about 35 yrs between reps and dems. Anyways, if there is any truth to this, it is that this is a well researched hoax.

well.. i always thought of this as a hoax... but try this: Read information on PATRIOT Act (i.e http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/usapatriot/). Then read about PATRIOT II (i.e http://www.alternet.org/story/15541). Now read the Titor story and mark down the famous "choose between freedom and safety"... Dunno, but as time passes, it sounds more and more possible.