Do you keep your PC on all the time?

i keep my laptop on all the time, it doens't waste much energy, it probably damages my system, but oh well. and.. i don't like waiting for the computer to boot.

the only time I've turned off my PC within the last 2 years were for bad lightning storms. I have a UPC, but I still get a bit nervous

its harder on your machine to turn it off at night. its startups and shutdowns that kill hard drives. not leaving it on all the time

Agreed, I leave mine on 24/7, ocasionally switch it off during summer coz it heats up my room and during serious thunderstorms

yup. i got used to sleeping with it on. my pc wasn't very loud at all until i got my ti4600, but i got used to it.

Get a Zalman Fanless Heatsink for graphics card. Im using one, and guess what, not noise since has no fan. :D

I built my current system in July 2003, and I would say its been off for less than a week. When I went to Florida in March I left it on (BT was running the whole time). I do turn the monitor off all the time.

Computers have an off switch????????????????????

I leave mine on all the time. What is the point of a broadband connection if you have

to turn your computer on, wait for it to boot, load the mail client, wait for it to download

the mail, wait for the newgroup reader to load, wait for the web broswer to load......

My last computer, ran pretty much 24/7 for about a year before it was powered off

(not counting reboots for drivers). I powered it off to swap out a processor and the

cheap power supply refused to restart LOL.

The new computer I built in June, has plenty, I junked the el cheapo pwr supply for

a good antec 430 watt. I leave them on all the time, plugged into the UPS. Summer

storms cause the power to blink about once a week. With the power saving features of

modern PC's, the amount of electricity used can't be that much, if you are running an

LCD monitor....

:alien: