Do you keep your PC on all the time?

I used to turn off the computer at night but that was during my IBM PS/2 days... :laugh: I usually keep my computer on for about 7 days before I need to give it a reboot. It's almost never off!!!! ;)

Well, I used to shutdown at night imply because I geta alightly better nights sleep when I cant hear the fan, however since I got broadband on Tuesday it hasn't been off once :) - I just leave stuff downloading 24/7 :p

i leave it on sometimes but most of the time at night it's off. leaving it on thru out the day is better but might not be at night :)

Most of the time I keep it on, because i'm always downloading something... but sometimes I give him some rest. I think I leave it on for 150h of the 168h per week.

I turn it off when it's time to go to sleep. I kept it on 24/7 for about 7 months and I saw how the electric bill went up by about $15 or so. When I turn it on, I keep it on until its time to sleep. I do not want to shut it down every 3 hours, bad for the hardware.

i leave me windows 2003 serer on 24/7 , running 4 months now - installed 200 more gigs 4 moths ago, but no other system.........i did befor but i had reasons to leave it on. I say if you have no reasons to leave it on, turn it off, it kills all your internal parts leaving it on

I say if you have no reasons to leave it on, turn it off, it kills all your internal parts leaving it on

It doesn't really kill your internal parts. What can kill them rather easily is booting up your pc 7 times a day.

I always leave mine on. I have the HDD's set to shutdown after 15 minutes if idle.

My dad uses my old p3 and it's always on too, even with a busted heatsink. It seems to be doing fine, but it's only used for solitaire :whistle:

It causes no harm to a PC if its on all the time. Thats like saying a toaster is harmed when you toast things in it :rolleyes:

A laptop however.. with my iBook I just take the battery out and leave it on most of the time d/ling stuff.

I keep it on overnight so I can stay signed into IM. IM is like my message bank and who honestly bothers with email anymore.

Plus I can tolerate sleep with the fans, so when I sleep somewhere else for a night, I sleep more sound.

I turn it off at night (unless i'm downloading stuff) because its too noisy, and because it generates a lot of heat so it increases my air conditioning bill.