Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which K700i do you have?

• K700i/Vodafone Branded
    • K700i/02 Branded
    • K700i/Orange Branded
    • K700i/T Mobile Branded
    • K700i/Unbranded
    • K700i/Other(Over sea's versions and Networks)

My range is not brilliant, I am not sure if a firmware update improves the range because the first time ive tryed bluejacking was with the new Vodafone firmware (R2V) so I have nothing to compare it against. I think the range is about 10m average.

A word of warning about the firmware update, the latest firmware has a "feature" where the screen dims after 10 seconds of inactivity, this feature cant be turned off and is annoying when you have long video clips, although the baclkight doesnt turn off completely, its not as good as the nice bright screen previous to the new firmware...

SE phones can also send and recieve notes via bluetooth... So if you're bluejacking an SE try it...

A word of warning about the firmware update, the latest firmware has a "feature" where the screen dims after 10 seconds of inactivity, this feature cant be turned off and is annoying when you have long video clips, although the baclkight doesnt turn off completely, its not as good as the nice bright screen previous to the new firmware...

SE phones can also send and recieve notes via bluetooth... So if you're bluejacking an SE try it...

yuk .. dont like that, need an option to stop that 10 second screen dimming thingy ... :huh:

how good are the headphone that come with the phone are they good enough for listenin to mp3s?

and also is there a way to use the little camera lilght as a torch without using the camera?

Yeah the headphones are decent. Ive just used it for the Radio and it was ok. So I assume it will be alright for MP3's. And yeah I think there is a way to use the light without the camera but I cant remember how to do it. I might be wrong though but Im sure I read somewhere you could.

I love using the headphones for mp3 - i use dbpoweramp to convert them to 'radio' quality and then upload them using BT. The sound quality is better than average, I've been listening to the Hives album on the way to and from Uni this week and it's great as a little media player :)

As for the flashlight - the quickest way to use it is by turning on the camera and simply pressing '5' to turn it on and off - thats the only way so far that you can use it. It's so powerful too, I lit the way up from the pub on satdee night, and much drunken falling over was avoided! :D

What networks do people recommend.. i wouldn't mind going on O2 contract cos that has my kinda deal i want.. 500free txt's and 100mins for ?25 a month. But orange doesn't do something like that only 120mins and 250free txts for ?25 a month, which isn't as good... So ill probably go on O2 unless orange change there plan and prices.

Also do O2 phones come branded with the O2 logo on the bottom where it says Quickshare, i know orange ones do and i dont really want that i know on the o2 site it shows it without the o2 logo so i wil have to wait and se:p:p

Try typing in www.orange.co.uk/sun 200 mins and 500 texts for ?30

can get both K700i and C500 at no additional cost.

I chose the K700i then changed for C500, I prefer it!:) :)

so whats the cheapest you can get this baby now in the uk on pay as you go internet or high street. and where in the high street can you get this on pay as you go?

If anybody would like the firmware update - Orange are no longer allowed/covered to do it in-store, so I've been told.

A friend of mine did however get his Orange-branded phone re-flashed and upgraded at the Vodafone store in Birmingham(Bullring) - the upgrade guy was apparantly rude at first, saying the firmware update wouldnt fix a "damn thing" (Surely Vodafone need to stop employing abusive people?) but after some argument with the guy, he finally said he'd do the upgrade for him.

Now my friend says that after the upgrade his battery is lasting 40% longer than it did before - so that goes to show - never listen to a word a Vodafone employee says :p (and FYI, don't feel intimidated about getting your non-vodafone phone flashed in a Voda store - they're responsible for upgrades for every make, and this guy flashed the k700i with the Orange firmware, so it's all good)

How do you check what firmware the phone has?

i should be ordering one today and wanna check its got the new firmware right away

should i put the phone on charge as soon as i get it and leave on charge until battery is fully charged? would that help the battery life at all?

thanks

welshkid

To find out which firmware revision your phone currently has installed, perform the following:

>*<<*<*

Where < and > represents pushing the joystick left and right respectively

:phone: