[DEFINITIVE]Sony Ericsson K700i Thread

Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spyker

were did you buy that cable from i was thinking of doing this but wanted to know the implcations like screwing your phone up any chance of that happing also how do you update the firmware your self, a smilliar way?

Sporkguy

I'll flog you the cable for ?15 inc p&p if you want it mate.

I basically bought the cable, downloaded Total Multiserver (www.totalserver.net) and then bough 1 credit for ?8 from their reseller site.

Plugged in cable, debranded it in about 10 minutes, hey presto, sexy un-branded K700i is now min:D:D

You can update the firmware using the cable too, used in a very similar way to debranding it. All the insutrctions are on the website.

Spyker

thanks ill check to see if somebody i know has one hes got loads of stuff like that

+John Teacake

I havent posted in here for a while, Some good discussion going on. I have just done the master reset on my vodafone branded K700i and there was a theme that I used it was all blue I'm not sure what it was called. I think it was blurb or blub I think. Well after the master reset it has gone can someone plese upload the theme file here for me please. Also Ive got all my contacts on Floats Mobile Agent, Does anyone know how to get them back across the phone.

Sporkguy

http://brickettphotography.com/Blub.thm

I'm too good to you ;)

As for putting your contacts back on, Havn't had to do that myself yet.. as I keep all my numbers on SIM, but I'm sure there's a way to 'upload' them with one of the many menu options in FMA.

As I said earlier, I recently de-branded my K700i, and its like a whole new phone now! Shortcut keys, woohoo!

+John Teacake

Thanks for the link to the theme. Much Appriciated. As for the phonebook I will just have to keep playing about.

dunkster

Just got the k700i on o2 today, came with R2L firmware, which saves me some hassle upgrading it. Thing is im getting an "Inactive SIM" message, which i presume means the sim hasnt been activated yet. anyone any idea how long this will take? Cheers.

dunkster

Elmo

u should have got a thing from o2 sayin how to register/activate your sim

look through your paperwork etc

Sporkguy

Good to see o2 are including the latest firmware on their newest handsets. Is it unbranded too? if so, you've got yourself a Gold-class phone there :D

+John Teacake

My mate had the same problem with the inactive sim when he got his on Vodafone. The had to get him a new simcard eventually.

dunkster

I got nothing in the paperwork regarding activation of the SIM. Unfortunately it is branded. Anyone know what im missing if its branded on o2?

+John Teacake

Usually they take about up to 24 hours to activate your SIM if its on contract. My mates took about 3 days before he went and complained and they gave him a new SIM.

dunkster

Im off in to town today anyway so i will pop in and have a word. I know they said it would be 2days to port my number but i want to use it before that.

Sporkguy

I know that on orange we give customers a new number to use while their old one is being ported over, and activation of a new sim card usually takes a few minutes, depending on network traffic and how busy CS are.

Definately go into your local retail store and check whats up.

dunkster

Cheers, i will do. Now to bluejack round uni.

+John Teacake

To be honest ive found that the K700i isnt that good for Bluejacking.

Sporkguy

I agree. Recently it's been absolutely pap at finding anything, even devices I'm sitting a whole 1ft away from at College, and it rarely finds and/or connects to them :(

dunkster

Oh well, i aint done it before so i have nothing to compare it to. I couldnt find any deivces in our dinner hall at lunch, ill have a go in town later.

+John Teacake

I wonder if future firmware releases will improve the bluetooth connectivity.

Sporkguy

I doubt it. There's a very limited range on our BT antennae's - possibly one of the things SE skimped on when it was developing the phone

+John Teacake
R2AA003

- Released on EMMA2 / Total Multiserver (around 6/10/04)

- Later withdrawn from EMMA2 due to connectivity issues.

- Faster main menu

- Added shortcut to change the subject line of an MMS (on More rather than through Advanced)

- Improvements to Bluetooth

- Improved battery life (for post Week 40 batteries only?)

- JBenchmark1: 2529

- Jbenchmark2: 129

Maybe this might help.

Sporkguy

I've got R2AA on my phone, It was part of the unlocking/de-branding software.

I can honestly say that the BT is still just as bad.

+John Teacake

Ah ok. I have R2V on myn as its Vodafone branded.

Sporkguy

I believe R2V is the Vfone version of R2L so it shouldnt be too bad.

Chrispynutt

How heavy is the Orange menu customisation?