[DEFINITIVE]Sony Ericsson K700i Thread

Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Elmo

where are u from?

uk,usa ????????

that usually helps ;)

blik
were is the chepest place to buy the k700i unbranded or a pay as you go one with all the functions sorry for the broad question

584793400[/snapback]

Ebay

Spyker

sorry i live in the uk, also is it soo bad to get it branded i was looking at the one from the liink K700i

what features are usally missing from the branded vesions

Edited by islab
wutang01

I had a bad experience trying to flash a Vodafone-branded T610 ...

GRRR ...

Sporkguy

I would say a branded phone is about as sexy and functional as an un-branded one (except for Vodacrap one which cripples to mp3 ringtone capacity)

I have an Orange branded one, and the only reason i'm wanting to get rid of the branding on mine is for the sake of resale value (and I dislike the orange-coloured logos on the moneu lol).

Go for a branded one, they're affordable, and certainly do the job well :D

Sporkguy

[Completely OT]

Does anyone think that we should have a couple of sub-forums for iPods, iRivers, and Mobile Phones?

I'm getting tired of having to trawl thru hundreds of iPod and iRiver forum threads on the same things! :)

timsweb

Good idea, you should make a thread in the Site Issues forum about, and make it a poll and il vote yes :D

Also, on the unbranding, as you said its only worth it if you on a vodafone branded one, which i am :(

Tim

Spyker

thanks guys, hows the battery life for you

timsweb

Not good, 2 days on avarage, how about you?

Spyker

i havent got one yet just intrested seems kind of low can you get better battries ?

timsweb

Well, ive heard its the fireware, so all i have to do it update the fireware which is free and it should last longer like a normal phone.

Elmo

anyone kno any good shops to buy cases for k700 and also dss-2x? (online shops NOT ebay!)

@islab amazon uk are cheapest for k700 (?160)

Spyker

thanks ill check it out

Sporkguy

Battery is excellent here - since I got R2L firmware that is.

But nowadays I keep it in my cradle when i'm home, so it doesnt really have much chance to deplete.

Elmo

anyone kno any good places for k700 stuff in the uk??

cases, cradles, chargers etc

timsweb
Battery is excellent here - since I got R2L firmware that is.

But nowadays I keep it in my cradle when i'm home, so it doesnt really have much chance to deplete.

584804883[/snapback]

How long does it last when its out of the cradle?

Thanks, Tim

Sporkguy

SO far I havn't had chance to keep it away from the cradle for more than a day... but before I got the cradle (which was after i got the new firmware), it lasted just about 5 or 6 days.

Welshkid - eBay uk is the best place to find all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff for the k700i - i've got a leather case for mine which I know i'll never use, so if anyone wants it gratis (less p&p of course) just send me a note.

timsweb

5-6 days? cool, im only get 2, guess i need to upgrade the firmware, is there an upgrade for the Vodafone Branded one?

Sporkguy

Yeah - I went to Vodafone to have my orange k700i updated.. weird I know, but they did it, and they branded it with the orange firmware. So i'm pretty sure there will be a Vodafone firmware update for you :)

Just go to a large Voda store - i went to the one in the bullring @ birmingham

Sporkguy

and don't let the guy push you around either - he said to me that it didn't improve the battery life, and there were few improvements - i insisted that I needed the update for more than the battery - and low and behold, the smarmy git was wrong! I love my k700i with the new firmware :D

timsweb

ok, il go to there store in oxford or reading,

Tim

Elmo

is it ok to leave the fone on charge over night?

the manual says max of 4 hours

laptops are advised not to leave on too long becuase it shorts the life of the battery

does this apply to the k700?

yudi_lks
is it ok to leave the fone on charge over night?

the manual says max of 4 hours

laptops are advised not to leave on too long becuase it shorts the life of the battery

does this apply to the k700?

584845453[/snapback]

I believe every new handphone has a switch to automatically disconnect it from the adapter..

Sporkguy

Ok I've just de-customised my phone using a WORKING T28 cable and the total multiserver software, and now it's Orange-Free at last :D

It's like a whole new phone!