Energy Blue Theme (Official Royale)

When you right-click the .exe file you download FROM MICROSOFT, you can just select "extract here as..." and it creates an archive with whatever name. Then you right-click that archive and select "extract to..." and select C:\Windows\Resources\Themes". THAT'S IT. It doesn't replace the old Luna files, it makes its own folder called "royaltheme".
I have WinRAR, when I right-click it I can extract it to a folder but not an archive as you describe. Also how the heck are you getting a folder called "royaltheme" there is no such folder inside the .EXE! Can you please clarify

Slightly off-topic: Whats the best way to set this theme to default for XP? So when XP boots this theme is already applied?

I did use StyleXP but it didn't always start, and takes up resource etc, any other ways?

Is there a direct way to do it through XP ?

Thanks.

Slightly off-topic: Whats the best way to set this theme to default for XP? So when XP boots this theme is already applied?

I did use StyleXP but it didn't always start, and takes up resource etc, any other ways?

Is there a direct way to do it through XP ?

Thanks.

584718960[/snapback]

Hmm yes. Just go to c:\windows\resources\themes and place the .MSSTYLES file in there. then go to your APPEARANCE options and you can set it there.

I already posted this as a comment in the news section but I figured I'd post it here as well.  All of these other workarounds are totally unnecessary!  All you need to do is have WinRAR (or WinZip will probably do the same thing).  When you right-click the .exe file you download FROM MICROSOFT, you can just select "extract here as..." and it creates an archive with whatever name.  Then you right-click that archive and select "extract to..." and select C:\Windows\Resources\Themes".  THAT'S IT.  It doesn't replace the old Luna files, it makes its own folder called "royaltheme". 

Now, when you do exactly what I just said, you have the original Luna theme as the "Windows XP" theme, and the NEW one is called "Energy Blue" in Themes.  When you go to the Appearance tab (and have Energy Blue as the theme), you have the choice of the three original Luna variations and the new one is called Royale.

There's no reason to do anything other than what I just said, because you don't need to REPLACE Luna, there's no point really, and the way I just explained is pretty darn easy. 

If you're having problems with this method, you did something wrong, because all it's doing is creating a new folder and putting the Royale theme's files in it just like any other theme, including the original Luna theme.  And just to be totally clear on this, I was using the Silver Luna theme when I did all of this, so you don't have to have it set to Windows Classic first (because it isn't replacing the original files).

584717177[/snapback]

Except doing it that way makes "Windows XP style" appear in the "Appearences" tab twice. Using the .theme files makes the menus Windows Classic style as opposed to the flat XP style.

anyway to install this on xp pro without the theme patcher?

i tried the extracting with winrar but the theme still won't use the shellstyle that came with it.

i downloaded dazzla's version but the royale won't show up unless the theme patch is applied.

thanks.

I ran the installer and when it overwrites the luna.msstyles file, XP file protection kicks in and puts the old one back in!!

Right clicking and "choosing extract to..." does the same thing because it extracts it to the Luna folder, not a "RoyaleTheme" folder that was stated here earlier, and overwrites older files, altho the older files are replaced via XP file protection. Inside the .exe is a Luna folder, containing a wallpaper folder, shellstyle folder (with 4 sub-folders instead of 3, one for the Royale theme), luna.msstyles file and Energy Blue.theme file. I extracted them to a different directory, added the Royale shellstyle folder to the original Luna shellstyle folder and had to replace luna.msstyles with Replacer. Don't know why I even bothered since I have to original Royale theme and my modded version of it, guess I was just curious. :happy: